More guns (Read 296 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: More guns
Reply #15 - 05/26/22 at 16:33:21

Another militia argument, weird.

I guess educating millions of people would be easier than not using that word.  I know the: "Too bad your teacher was an idiot" argument has won a lot of court cases.  Really changes minds, gets people on-board.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 05/26/22 at 17:45:47

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/26/22 at 13:21:06:
Serowbot wrote on 05/26/22 at 09:32:41:
Not remotely
" a well organized militia"

The right of the People to Keep and Bear arms,shall NOT be infringed.

You choose the part where you don't understand what is being said and believe that if I can't explain it to your satisfaction, somehow the second is somehow in question.

Do you actually Believe that the people who wrote the constitution included a Self Contradictory passage?
As soon as you get rid of the gun you Don't believe you have the right to own,come back.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 05/27/22 at 03:56:55

The kids mother was a regular drug user, his father wasn’t around, he was essentially being raised by his grandparents, he had incidents with police and neighbors for years.

But let’s talk about guns which, once again it’s necessary to point out 99.999% are never used in the commissioner crime, are the problem.

Another thing worth pointing out, at least twice as many people have been murdered across the country since this shooting occurred. They’re almost all inner-city events in one way or another connected to drug use or a culture of violence that seems to be prevalent in the African-American community.

But lets talk about taking guns away from suburbanites and people in rural areas because let’s face it , they’re the only ones who follow any kind of law on the books.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 05/27/22 at 04:29:19

As far as gun laws, yes, if the legal age to buy a firearm in Texas was 21, it would’ve been difficult for this kid to get a weapon. Not impossible but it would require planning. The Buffalo shooter and this Texas shooter bought a gun and used it within a relatively short timeframe. Not exactly spontaneous but not exactly planned out either.

The question is thousands of other 18 to 21 year olds use guns correctly but we’re going to punish them for the sins of a few. We are legalizing marijuana sales all over the country yet we know without a shadow of doubt there will be kids get high and have accidents and kill other people but we’re still gonna allow that. Those accidents aren’t publicize, and in fact are buried. Much like the victims. Last year right outside St. Louis, a kid who was high, crossed the median and wiped down a family of five. I’m sure you didn’t hear about that whenever you are. But we let that go.

We’re letting tens of thousands of the illegal aliens throughout the country and you know absolutely without question some of them are criminals and some of them will murder innocent people. But we let that go.

Like many cities, our local Democratic district attorney has put a policy in place to go easy on what she considers marginalized criminals, a.k.a. young black men in inner city. And you know without a shadow of a doubt, some of them will get out and murder innocent people. But we let that go.

We enacted ridiculous lockdown laws because teachers union wanted it. Some of the poorest people did not have access to ban together with other people and create safe environments to do online learning. They did nothing all day and a lot of them got into trouble the drugs, suicide rates skyrocketed, crime rates amongst teenagers skyrocketed. But we let that go.

So the outrage after the shooting, while on one hand is very justified, on the other hand it’s just another political tool in this ongoing game of red versus blue.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #19 - 05/27/22 at 04:56:35

WebsterMark wrote on 05/27/22 at 04:29:19:
As far as gun laws, yes, if the legal age to buy a firearm in Texas was 21, it would’ve been difficult for this kid to get a weapon. Not impossible but it would require planning. The Buffalo shooter and this Texas shooter bought a gun and used it within a relatively short timeframe. Not exactly spontaneous but not exactly planned out either.

The question is thousands of other 18 to 21 year olds use guns correctly but we’re going to punish them for the sins of a few. We are legalizing marijuana sales all over the country yet we know without a shadow of doubt there will be kids get high and have accidents and kill other people but we’re still gonna allow that. Those accidents aren’t publicize, and in fact are buried. Much like the victims. Last year right outside St. Louis, a kid who was high, crossed the median and wiped down a family of five. I’m sure you didn’t hear about that whenever you are. But we let that go.

We’re letting tens of thousands of the illegal aliens throughout the country and you know absolutely without question some of them are criminals and some of them will murder innocent people. But we let that go.

Like many cities, our local Democratic district attorney has put a policy in place to go easy on what she considers marginalized criminals, a.k.a. young black men in inner city. And you know without a shadow of a doubt, some of them will get out and murder innocent people. But we let that go.

We enacted ridiculous lockdown laws because teachers union wanted it. Some of the poorest people did not have access to ban together with other people and create safe environments to do online learning. They did nothing all day and a lot of them got into trouble the drugs, suicide rates skyrocketed, crime rates amongst teenagers skyrocketed. But we let that go.

So the outrage after the shooting, while on one hand is very justified, on the other hand it’s just another political tool in this ongoing game of red versus blue.

Very Well Said!

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 05/27/22 at 08:17:42

The bottom line is you can’t have any of my rights.

You can’t have my 2nd Amendment right to protect myself the way I see fit although this President and leftist in political positions of power are trying to.

You can’t have my 1st Amendment right to say what I want although this President and leftist in political positions of power are trying to.

And when I think about the FBI techniques used to track down January 6 protesters by forcing private companies to turn over information from CC purchases for example, you can’t have my 4th Amendment right either although this President and leftist in political positions of power are trying to.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #21 - 05/27/22 at 11:25:24

I wonder how many parents waiting outside that school care about your 2nd Amendment rights.
When it's your child you see the light.

Other countries have crazy people, suicidal people, domestic violence, people with grudges.
They don't have the insane amount of guns we have.
We're number one!
Second is Yemen,.. and even they don't have half as many.
This will only stop when we face that fact.
There are no other solutions.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #22 - 05/27/22 at 11:45:56

wonder how many parents waiting outside that school care about your 2nd Amendment rights.
When it's your child you see the light.

When will You?
I'd be screaming and livid that the teachers were not able to protect the kids.

How many are dead in your Gun Free zones?
That is on you lefties.
Time to let the Adults make the decisions.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 05/27/22 at 11:47:22

Do you think the parents of the children murdered by illegal aliens care about increasing the Democratic voter rolls? Can’t remember the name of that poor college girl in Iowa who was raped and murdered by an illegal alien that you wanted in the country so he could vote for Biden in the 2020 election. If that was your child killed, would you see the light?

Point is, we just don’t shred constitutional rights that, first off, you don’t understand to begin with and secondly, every time there’s a tragedy. I don’t care about other countries. People in other countries are literally drowning in the ocean or the rivers to try to get here.

We are where we are not because of guns but because of the culture we are creating. I don’t deny access to guns makes these tragedies occur more often in greater numbers.

But living in a free republic is hard. It’s not easy. We can’t compare ourselves to other countries all the time. Were unique and we take the good with the bad.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #24 - 05/27/22 at 12:00:35

If Other Countries are the topic, look at what is happening in Europe. The Muslim invaders are destroying their society.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 05/27/22 at 12:10:57

"You can’t have my 2nd Amendment right to protect myself the way I see fit although this President and leftist in political positions of power are trying to."

But isn't the challenge that lawful US citizens do not have the "right" to high capacity rifles?  Like how we can't have grenades as a way to protect ourselves the way we see fit.

I know the line has been pretty clear for a while now, but if high-capacity semi-auto is consistently used I can see more and more people leaning away from having them so easily purchased at a minimum.

I think at some point a compromise on purchasing method could happen.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #26 - 05/27/22 at 12:18:35

Understanding the Reason for the Second is crucial. The People have the Right to be able to stand against tyranny. That was the reason for the Second.
When it was written, hunting and self defense were as understood as breathing.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 05/27/22 at 12:28:16

I agree that "Reason for" is the way to future-proof the 2nd Amendment.

I don't however agree that restricting the purchase of a specific weapon type that is typically used by a specific age demographic that is young, to commit mass murder is a violation of the 2nd Amendment.

For instance the military will toss a rifle into an 18 year old's hands, but only if they pass competency because they know that rifle in an untrained or unstable 18 year old's hands is a disaster.

I look at things like suppressor or full-auto restrictions.  Can that system save lives if it's applied to semi-autos?  Maybe, but then shooters would switch to shotguns, and that will be deadly, but slightly more survivable.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 05/27/22 at 12:57:21

"The kids mother was a regular drug user, his father wasn’t around, he was essentially being raised by his grandparents, he had incidents with police and neighbors for years."

You mean he wasn't the "faggoty fruitloop" that people lied about and then had that information passed on as fact by others?

Weird.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #29 - 05/27/22 at 13:55:51

Eegore wrote on 05/27/22 at 12:28:16:
"... but then shooters would switch to shotguns, and that will be deadly, but slightly more survivable.

Wow,
So a totally Deranged mentally unbalanced DFI gets a AR-15 .223R type firearm,
and has a 20 round clip.
He/She unloads that clip into a crowd, by, 'spraying' because they do not know how to aim.
 They have fired 20 rounds of a .224 dia. bullet.
which has a hard jacket and does not expand.

Or a totally Deranged mentally unbalanced DFI gets a 12 gauge shotgun.
and has 5 rounds of #1 buck in it's internal magazine.
He/She unloads that magazine into a crowd, by, 'spraying', because they do not know how to aim.
They just fired 110 bullets,
which are soft lead, deform, and will cause a larger wound channel.

And You, actually want people to believe,
           being shot at,
with 90 MORE, and Larger Projectiles,
in the Same Time,
which will expand when hitting flesh.
is MORE 'survivable' ?????????????

And you 'say' you 'train' ?????

I believe, if you actually 'train' people how to shoot.
They would not be able to hit a Barn,
even if they stood inside of one !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 13:32:38

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › More guns

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.