Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Take my money, a twin I'd buy ! (Read 65 times)
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Take my money, a twin I'd buy !
05/22/22 at 00:37:36

When I retired 12 years ago, bike styles were limited to cruisers or pseudo racebikes.
Standard bikes are now becoming 'standard', lol!  RE, MG Triumph etc. Here's a new one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ttEz2fYifE
We need honda, suz, yam to jump back in
to this market!
Cheers!  Cool

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: Take my money, a twin I'd buy !
Reply #1 - 05/22/22 at 17:46:14

I would like to see a retro cb450 , parallel twin or a cb360 , cl350 scrambler
Better yet a cb500/600 single , thumpers are funner to ride
We can only hope. Still ain’t got a BSA in the states yet !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #2 - 05/23/22 at 00:02:30

Think how easily Suz could match/beat that new BSA! It is too overweight for me.The challenge for all OEMs  is the new Euro-5 emissions.
Cheers!  Cool

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 05/23/22 at 08:07:50

Hay I'm thinking Suzuki should get the jump on RE before they come up a 500cc Meteor.  Thinking of SINGLES that should be in the marketplace , it seems like prime time right now !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #4 - 05/23/22 at 15:14:19

Either that, or go for the whole enchilada, 650 with EFI. Maybe Suz doesn't know anything about singles, lol!
Cheers!  Cool
ps: how soon before mikuni is out of business?
pps: saw a mention that the 400 Kaw could be a 4 cyl. Big mistake!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 05/23/22 at 16:54:55

Two carburetors is my max. I'd do a 600 parallel twin. No reason for it to weigh more than thirty pounds more. The Savage has a low seat and is light enough for a gimped up old man to handle. And if they would put a decent tank on it so it would make two hundred miles on the slab,and not screw up the seat so hanging bags and strapping a milk crate across the seat would still work like the savage,, well, I'd be excited about that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #6 - 05/23/22 at 17:55:32

Two carburetors is my max. I'd do a 600 parallel twin. No reason for it to weigh more than thirty pounds more.

Sounds like the RE 650 ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 05/23/22 at 19:50:55

Ah, but if it's new, it will be EFI.
all managed by computer.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #8 - 05/24/22 at 03:05:31

A 400cc twin with 45HP would be plenty of engine to get the job done well for a bike that would be ridden solo (not two up touring)......it could keep up with the 70-75mph speeds that folks run on the highway just fine.  While we might like to ride slower on back roads - there are always those places where you have to get on an interstate for a while.

Honda could do a similar bike very easily by using their CB500F engine in a retro style "standard" bike.

Doing a similar bike in a single cylinder would require a 500cc or larger engine to provide the needed HP to work on US highways.  And just like the BSA it will likely need to be water cooled as part of the process of making an emission compliant/fuel injected modern engine.

Would I buy a new bike?  Probably not - I am pretty darn happy with the bikes I have right now.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #9 - 05/24/22 at 13:08:13

That is a very nice looking bike and since it appears to have the same engine as the Z400, it will definitely have all the power you need for highway cruising and for making most other bikes look bad in the 0-60 acceleration. I believe the Z400 does 0-60 in 4.4 seconds. I test drove the Z400 just before Covid hit and I was seriously considering buying one and was just waiting for the 2nd test ride which never happed because of Covid. That's ok, I got the Honda Shadow Spirit 1100 instead and quite happy with it. The Z400 though was a blast to ride. Handles great. Acceleration is amazing. Very light weight. But it is definitely meant for a shorter guy shut as myself. The only thing if I remember correctly the mpg was less than exciting for a 400cc engine. Nonetheless, I believe it was still in the 50 mpg range.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/01/24 at 23:10:25

General CategoryThe Cafe › Take my money, a twin I'd buy !

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.