Things are a Changing (Read 114 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Things are a Changing
05/19/22 at 15:24:43

Yep !  Things are a Changing around my area of TN.    I've noticed there are more people driving like they want to get better MPG from their fuel.  
There are still the few folks who have more fuel and money to buy more than they know what to do with , but most drivers around here have seemed to have backed off the gas pedal a little.

Heck , I'm even driving the little DR200 like gas is almost $5.00/gal. !

Smiley

Anybody else noticing the same ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Things are a Changing
Reply #1 - 05/20/22 at 03:36:47

It’s a good time for small-medium size standard motorcycles gain.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #2 - 05/20/22 at 05:56:50

Yea , what's happening now reminds me of when Jimmy Carter was in office and gas went from 25 cents to 70 something cents !  
All of a sudden there were little diesel vehicles on the market .   I even got one of them (Datsun 510 truck) it got 49 mpg.  Best I remember it was a 2000cc Diesel.

This go-a-round I think it will be Hybrids instead of Diesel.   I've heard tales of the batteries being a ecological disaster waiting to happen ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #3 - 05/20/22 at 10:33:52

I know I am trying to drive more economically, but a lot of the people on the road are still the same jerks they always were. I guess they either make a bunch more money than me, or just too dumb to comprehend.

Oh, by the way MM. The S40 may be leaking oil, but I got 56 mpg on my last fill up. Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #4 - 05/20/22 at 14:56:49

Oh, by the way MM. The S40 may be leaking oil, but I got 56 mpg on my last fill up. Grin

Angry
I'm wondering if the gas in my area of the country "just don't have as many BTU's" as it used too ?  Huh

The Guzzi only got 52 when I filled it up today . Roll Eyes

I'll tell ya'll , I'm thinking of one of those RE-Meteor's that's rated for 99-mpg .   Yea , I know the high speed cruise is only 65-70 mph , but 98.5% of my driving is in 55mph zones so 60mph is just fine.   The DR is getting 70-75 mpg and runs (High-Speed-cruise) at 55 , the DR seat don't do passengers over 21 years old either but its just right off the pavement or around town.  

Wonder if I should just get an ELECTRIC BIKE ?  Grin

Today , I practiced driving without really "Twisting" the throttle.  Yep , just leaning on it a little and accelerating at the rate that the cars around me do.   It may take "Forever" to get through a tank of fuel ?  
Life can be tough sometimes !

« Last Edit: 05/24/22 at 12:00:06 by MMRanch »  

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #5 - 05/24/22 at 10:43:10

Grin Grin Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #6 - 05/25/22 at 07:52:32

Hay Springman

I put the Summer (smaller) Windshield on and "Just leaned" on the throttle for a entire tank full and got a nice surprise when I refilled the tank !  63.5 mpg. , Trouble is : Its not practical to drive like that in "Real Life"  Tongue

The small windshield is on for till cold weather sets in again so we'll see how much of the difference its responsible for.   I remember Versey's small wind-breaker and his great mpg.

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #7 - 05/25/22 at 10:18:33

Wow! That is amazing mpg. But yeah, I know you pretty well, that won's last! Grin

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #8 - 05/25/22 at 12:35:09

Imagine paying over $US15 for 2 US gallons of peterol. About enough to fill an S40 tank from reserve.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #9 - 05/25/22 at 19:17:20

Imagine paying over $US15 for 2 US gallons of peterol. About enough to fill an S40 tank from reserve.

Wow !   That can help me be "LEANING ON THE THROTTLE" at just the thought of $7.50 a gallon !

What do ya'll do for your heavy trucks when fuel is so pricy ?

jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #10 - 05/26/22 at 02:14:15

Well our government has cut back on road tax for Diesel vehicles, an also has cut some tax on petrol.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #11 - 05/26/22 at 02:23:16

Paid $NZ16.52 for about 5 and a bit litres of S40 regular grade petrol this morning so roughly $US10.57 for a US gallon and a quart and a bit. That was with an NZ 2 cents a litre pensioner discount.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #12 - 05/26/22 at 12:05:28

Holy guacamole! At this rate it won't be long before our gas prices catch up to yours.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 22:23:25

General CategoryThe Cafe › Things are a Changing

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.