Another single I'd buy! (Read 54 times)
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Another single I'd buy!
05/14/22 at 11:45:14

Listen to him talk about flywheel weight.

I fell in love with flattrack bikes a long time ago, sad that no one actually built one for the street, maybe the Yam xs650 came closest, but not a single.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kb9PHG49PY
Cheers!  Cool

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: Another single I'd buy!
Reply #1 - 05/15/22 at 01:06:11

What about the Yamaha SR500/400 , Honda FT500 both with different dirt track styling. If the SR had a happy button it would sell much better here. I still have one. The Yamaha 650 and even that rare bird Yamaha 500 twin had classic dirt track styling. Shapes and lines , color is irrelevant , if it doesn’t look good carved out of grey clay it will never look good , colors are used to accent the shapes and lines. Flat tracking is a huge influence on my building. Street trackers really only for racers to raise hell riding on the street. It’s built to raise hell everywhere you go , the perfect bike for a Sunday morning rides , wheelies on Main St , jumping R/R crossings and all that kind of stupid stuff that’s so much fun.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 05/15/22 at 03:40:49

Ruttly wrote on 05/15/22 at 01:06:11:
What about the Yamaha SR500/400 , Honda FT500 both with different dirt track styling. If the SR had a happy button it would sell much better here. I still have one. The Yamaha 650 and even that rare bird Yamaha 500 twin had classic dirt track styling. Shapes and lines , color is irrelevant , if it doesn’t look good carved out of grey clay it will never look good , colors are used to accent the shapes and lines. Flat tracking is a huge influence on my building. Street trackers really only for racers to raise hell riding on the street. It’s built to raise hell everywhere you go , the perfect bike for a Sunday morning rides , wheelies on Main St , jumping R/R crossings and all that kind of stupid stuff that’s so much fun.

Wheelies on Main Street ?  
None of that for me, balance and such has degraded a bit over the past 50, crashing hurts.

IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #3 - 05/15/22 at 12:01:35

A '60s bonnie is closest, getting the stance right is the the key item. 18" wheel at the back helps.
An S40 could be made to work with a bit of welding, new wheels and seat.
Maybe I should do it as a last hurrah!
Cheers!  Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 06:46:34

General CategoryThe Cafe › Another single I'd buy!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.