Send Topic Print
Ducati electric moto GP (Read 52 times)
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Ducati electric moto GP
04/22/22 at 13:48:42

Here's some footage of the electric Duc moto GP.  I see Can Am is also releasing an electric line-up for 2024.

http://youtu.be/DyIX81gE8vU

OOPS!  Just saw I didn't post this in Cafe.  Sorry moderators.

Duc_electric_motoGP.jpg

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Re: Ducati electric moto GP
Reply #1 - 04/22/22 at 15:54:06

Can-Am bought Alta when HD screwed them over.   They already have the technology albeit not at MotoGP level, but CanAm isn't about winning races anymore.  

alta-motors-redshift-st-street-tracker-6.jpeg
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #2 - 04/25/22 at 11:52:38

It must be really unnerving to the rider on that electric GP bike to hear the knee guard scraping without being completely obscured by the sound of the motor  Shocked

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #3 - 04/25/22 at 13:39:48

I can tell you from experience that when you drag your knee puck, it doesn't matter how loud your exhaust is.  The vibrations travel right up your femur and you hear it through your bones.  The first time I touched a knee down, it startled me enough that I almost dented my tank snapping my knee away from the tarmac.  The ensuing argument between my ego and my brain was a bit comical - I want to that!  No, you don't...  Yes, I do!!!  All my track days were back in the late '80's and early 90's.  I find it mind blowing that today's MotoGP riders are actually dragging their elbows, now.   Shocked

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribute
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 04/25/22 at 17:43:41

Just dragging a peg on the Savage took a while to get past having a response to.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 04/25/22 at 20:33:58

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/25/22 at 17:43:41:
Just dragging a peg on the Savage took a while to get past having a response to.

My foot got really light.   Huh

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 04/25/22 at 21:22:49

Kinda like a hand on something Hot..Once the end was really ragged it got to the point the peg had my foot against the engine tight enough to be uncomfortable.
Eventually the information in Twist of the Wrist explained it so I understood I needed to get off center on the bike and leave it standing up more. Smoother, quicker, but I didn't Feel as Ricky Roadracerish.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/20/24 at 02:45:15

General CategoryThe Cafe › Ducati electric moto GP

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.