Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I SAID, I read all kindsa stuff (Read 5 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
I SAID, I read all kindsa stuff
04/20/22 at 16:57:15

Clinton era violations of the Voting Rights Act
In December 1989 a three-judge district federal court found that Bill Clinton had violated the Voting Rights Act. The Supreme Court upheld the findings of fact in Clinton vs Jeffers [4] that the Arkansas governor and future Democratic president violated the Voting Rights Act. The Supreme Court Justices wrote,

“      Bill Clinton does not dispute here -- that violations of the fourteenth or fifteenth amendment justifying equitable relief have occurred in Arkansas. In May 1990, the district court turned to those claims, holding that "the State of Arkansas has committed a number of constitutional violations of the voting rights of black citizens." J.S. App. A5. In particular, the court determined that the "State has systematically and deliberately enacted new majority-vote requirements for municipal offices, in an effort to frustrate black political success in elections traditionally requiring only a plurality to win." In 1990...Devotion to majority rule for local offices lay dormant as long as the plurality system produced white office-holders. But whenever black candidates used this system successfully -- and victory by a plurality has been virtually their only chance of success in at-large elections in majority-white cities – the response was swift and certain. Laws were passed in an attempt to close off this avenue of black political victory.      ”
The court concluded these series of laws passed under Clinton

“      represents a systematic and deliberate attempt to reduce black political opportunity. Such an attempt is plainly unconstitutional. It replaces a system in which blacks could and did succeed, with one in which they almost certainly cannot.      ”
And most pointedly the

“      inference of racial motivation is inescapable.      ”
Renewal

https://www.conservapedia.com/Voting_Rights_Act_of_1965

It was, and is, the democrats who worked against the blacks.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 02:34:46

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I SAID, I read all kindsa stuff

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.