white smoke problem (Read 140 times)
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Re: white smoke problem
Reply #15 - 04/21/22 at 20:53:50

Lips SealedChoppi, if you are asking if the red arrow in the photo is pointing to the breather screen, yes, that is the breather screen.

I don’t think that is your problem but you might get lucky.  It’s easy to fix.  In my opinion, if the screen were missing, the smoke would get worse as engine speed increased and your air box would be fouled with oil.

Your problem as described leads me to believe you have a leak path that allows oil to accumulate in one of the ports when the engine is not running.  That points to valve guides, valve guide seals, or some sort of defect in the head (crack, valve guide fit, etc.).

Please let us know what you find.  Good luck.

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
choppi2131
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 04/22/22 at 00:41:43

hi Drag
I had read on the web that the problem could be the vent screen, if you tell me that it could be the valve guide seals then it is a problem that I cannot solve but a mechanic must operate, I have manual skills but not at these levels
the air box is completely clean and dry
thanks for the advice and as soon as I have news I come to disturb

ps. I still have to read another 600 pages of the forum which I find very interesting where to find ideas and information  Smiley

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 04/22/22 at 05:34:08

Okay, so, blows a bit of smoke.. Meh,,if it runs okay, just ride it. Don't tear into it for that. So you need to add oil every so often,, not a crisis.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 09:16:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › white smoke problem

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.