Send Topic Print
Handlebar question! (Read 36 times)
BennyR
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Handlebar question!
04/08/22 at 22:07:05

hey everyone, I’ve scoured the forum as best I could to no avail & looking for some help!

I have a ‘13 with the stock drag bars but would like something that has me leaned forward more as opposed to the very relaxed position of the current set up. What might be a good configuration to make this happen? Do I need to get a pair of old style clamps w/o the taller riser? What types of bars would work best?

Thanks!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Handlebar question!
Reply #1 - 04/08/22 at 22:18:34

You can remove the risers from the clamps, but in my opinion that's too low and you might hit the tank.  You just need to find bolts to attach it to the tree.

you can also turn the risers around so it bends forward.  I'd give that a try 1st.

another option is short risers.  3/8" drive 3/4" sockets are about the right size.

WWW   IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 04/08/22 at 22:26:50

Slide back in the seat, put your feet on the rear pegs, that will lean you right over like a sport bike.  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
BennyR
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/09/22 at 11:34:48

verslagen1 wrote on 04/08/22 at 22:18:34:
You can remove the risers from the clamps, but in my opinion that's too low and you might hit the tank.  You just need to find bolts to attach it to the tree.

you can also turn the risers around so it bends forward.  I'd give that a try 1st.

another option is short risers.  3/8" drive 3/4" sockets are about the right size.

Great thanks! Will give it a try. Wasn’t sure if I could use the clamps on top of the risers! Might test out spinning them around. I assume the stock windscreen will be in the way if I do that?

IP Logged
BennyR
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 04/09/22 at 11:35:41

och wrote on 04/08/22 at 22:26:50:
Slide back in the seat, put your feet on the rear pegs, that will lean you right over like a sport bike.  Grin Grin Grin

Haha, true style points there

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 07:27:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Handlebar question!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.