Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
ROCKY MOUNTAIN ATV MC
04/07/22 at 03:40:36

In the recent past I have been struggling with the online parts suppliers.  For a while I used Motorcycle Superstore - but then they created an outlet store in KY and I had to pay sales tax on everything (now that is common but 10 years ago it wasn't).  To avoid the taxes I started using Bike Bandit and that was fine - but you needed to be a little patient as they don't stock anything and they order from their suppliers.  They would wait until all the parts arrived and then ship the entire order from California - I would get my parts in a couple weeks.

Something happened to Bike Bandit over the last few years (maybe Covid related), and I had parts on order for months that were never delivered.  They would not send updates and the order just seemed to be stalled.  Now if you go to their OEM parts list the pages show everything is back ordered.

I have ordered from Chapparal Motorsports and Revzilla (Partszilla), and they do a good job  I have also ordered from Suzukipartz, and from the Boats.net site which now appears to have  become Partszilla.  They all need to order from the suppliers and don't appear to have anything in stock - so getting parts takes 1-2 weeks......tires are ussualy shipped from warehouses close to you so those are generally delivered very quickly.

Recently I have started to order from Rocky Mountain ATV.  It has been an incredible "upgrade" in service.  They actually have a lot of parts in stock and their shipping is really fast.  On Tuesday morning about 8AM I ordered tires, tubes, rim strips, rims, turn signal flasher, rear brake light switch, seals and a lot of hardware for the Honda Trail 90.  The next day before noon I received the tires, tubes, rim strips and a box of parts!  Those were the parts they had stocked for a 1974 motorcycle, and the rims and a few other parts that they didn't stock will be sent as soon as they get them.  Last night I received an email and telephone call from them letting me know that the brake light switch was discontinued.....I never got this kind of customer service from any online supplier!  Most online retailers offer free shipping for orders over $100 - for Rocky Mountain it is $75, and they keep shipping whenever they get the parts in and you may receive multiple shipments - they don't wait until "all" the parts have arrived to ship your order.

I am really happy with Rocky Mountain - they are my new "Go To" for parts on my Japanese bikes.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-parts

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Re: ROCKY MOUNTAIN ATV MC
Reply #1 - 04/07/22 at 13:08:48

I can give the same recommendation.  I've used Rocky Mountain ATV a bunch.  Their prices are also right in line with everyone else, and sometimes better.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #2 - 04/07/22 at 18:36:20

They were in the news today.  They pulled their sponsorship from a Supercross team mid-season.  Sounds like the team wasn't meeting its obligations.  

https://racerxonline.com/2022/04/07/big-changes-for-rocky-mountainatv-mc-team

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #3 - 04/08/22 at 10:43:51

I always buy my tires, tubes, etc from them.  Only had a couple of problems with quality, and they always made good.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 20:45:01

General CategoryThe Cafe › ROCKY MOUNTAIN ATV MC

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.