Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
It's official! Trump voter are not very smart. (Read 63 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
It's official! Trump voter are not very smart.
03/28/22 at 15:51:38

In fact on the whole they appear to be as thick as two planks. Don't take my word for it.

https://www.salon.com/2022/03/23/new-research-on-voters-theyre-not-the-sharpe...

Overall, the model predicts that almost 73% of respondents who missed all 10 questions would vote for Trump (remember, that is controlling for education and the other factors), while about 51% who were average on the exam are expected to vote for Trump. Only 35% of people who had a perfect score on the exam are predicted to be Trump supporters.

Notably, this very strong, significant effect of verbal ability can be identified within educational groups. While non-college whites certainly turned out more heavily for Trump, the smart ones did not — only 38% of those with perfect scores are expected to go for Trump, and only 46% of non-college graduates who scored a standard deviation above the mean. The same is true for college graduates — low cognition college graduates were more likely to vote for Trump. ...

What is really depressing isn't just the poles of the vocabulary exam, it's the average. The mean and median of the scale is 6 — so half of white Americans missed 4 of the easy vocabulary questions.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Re: It's official! Trump voter are not very smart.
Reply #1 - 03/28/22 at 15:56:01

... Spouting off obvious untruths is no longer a mark of shame, because even basic historical and contemporary truths are not recognized. We seem to have a stable set of about 30% of Americans, 35% of white Americans, who are oblivious to political realities and incapable and unwilling to come to terms with any of our key social problems. The increasing control over public education by right-wing fanatics is entrenching ignorance and intellectual laziness in future generations. It does not bode well for the future of American democracy.

But what about Hilary's emails?

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #2 - 03/28/22 at 15:58:32

Are you and your country men still operating internment camps?

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #3 - 03/28/22 at 17:22:20

Obviously being American you and a Trump voter you are naturally unaware of the US internment of Japanese born or US born, US citizens during the war. Thanks for proving my point.

Pip Pip!

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #4 - 03/28/22 at 18:24:36

eau de sauvage wrote on 03/28/22 at 17:22:20:
Obviously being American you and a Trump voter you are naturally unaware of the US internment of Japanese born or US born, US citizens during the war. Thanks for proving my point.

Pip Pip!

That was an extremely poor attempt at a deflection.  First, the war you are referring to ended 77 years ago.  The camps I inquired about are likely in operation now and if they are not they were operating in 2021.  Moreover, they are targeting non-combative citizens when no conflict exists.  And for some reason you feel you have the moral high ground to condemn the future of democracy in the US......

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #5 - 03/28/22 at 18:53:39

bejeezus, how fcuking thick are you? I post a thread about pointing to serious research on the intelligence of trump voters and you bring up interment camps and tell me I'm deflecting. Yeah right.

Stay on topic if you want some respect dipsh!t

Pip Pip!

Edit: in retrospect that was unfair of me to request you stay on topic because as the survey proves on the whole you're not very smart. In fact not staying on topic is your way of...wait for it... deflecting.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 03/28/22 at 19:08:37

Pretending you're intellectually superior to the people who just keep being right.

That is dumb.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #7 - 03/28/22 at 21:09:38

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/28/22 at 19:08:37:
Pretending you're intellectually superior to the people who just keep being right.

That is dumb.

Are you pretending to be so dumb that you are unable to answer a thread topic even though you take over the forum with umpteen dozen posts, if not then it's no pretence to say you don't have the intellectual chops to answer a post. And if you can't answer a post, then you troll. Does that sound smart to you?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 03/28/22 at 22:03:55

You can start answering questions I post.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 03/28/22 at 22:06:49

You believe Trump supporters, on average, are intellectually inferior to the average Biden supporter?

You Believe That?

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #10 - 03/29/22 at 02:59:42

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/28/22 at 22:06:49:
You believe Trump supporters, on average, are intellectually inferior to the average Biden supporter?

You Believe That?

Yes, it's not referring to every Trump voter, just the majority, below is from the link in the first post, this is from...

Recent research by Darren Sherkat, a professor of sociology at Southern Illinois University, demonstrates that America's democracy crisis may be even more intractable than the above evidence suggests. In his recent article "Cognitive Sophistication, Religion, and the Trump Vote,"

The first bit below explains perfectly why Trump does as he does, he knows his audiences and especially those who come to his rallies are a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic. It's why he goes with all the racist tropes, because that's easy for his audience to digest.

Low levels of cognitive sophistication may lead people to embrace simple cognitive shortcuts, like stereotypes and prejudices that were amplified by the Trump campaign. Additionally, the simple linguistic style presented by Trump may have appealed to voters with limited education and cognitive sophistication. Beginning with [T.W.] Adorno's classic study of the authoritarian personality, empirical works have linked low levels of cognitive sophistication with right-wing orientations....

Trump's campaign may also have been more attractive to people with low cognitive sophistication and a preference for low-effort information processing because compared to other candidates Trump's speeches were given at a much lower reading level…. While much of the Trump campaign's rhetoric and orientation may have resonated with the poorly educated and cognitively unsophisticated, those overlapping groups are less likely to register to vote or to turn out in an election.

Overall, the model predicts that almost 73% of respondents who missed all 10 questions would vote for Trump (remember, that is controlling for education and the other factors), while about 51% who were average on the exam are expected to vote for Trump. Only 35% of people who had a perfect score on the exam are predicted to be Trump supporters.

Notably, this very strong, significant effect of verbal ability can be identified within educational groups. While non-college whites certainly turned out more heavily for Trump, the smart ones did not — only 38% of those with perfect scores are expected to go for Trump, and only 46% of non-college graduates who scored a standard deviation above the mean. The same is true for college graduates — low cognition college graduates were more likely to vote for Trump. ...

What is really depressing isn't just the poles of the vocabulary exam, it's the average. The mean and median of the scale is 6 — so half of white Americans missed 4 of the easy vocabulary questions.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #11 - 03/29/22 at 03:03:03

Of course the incredible irony of the lack of cognitive ability is that if you get the very people Trump is talking to, and he know who he's talking to, are easily goaded into thinking Biden is an idiot, because they are too stupid to do anything other than digest their spoon-feed gobshite from Fox.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 03/29/22 at 06:42:14

eau de sauvage wrote on 03/29/22 at 03:03:03:
Of course the incredible irony of the lack of cognitive ability is that if you get the very people Trump is talking to, and he know who he's talking to, are easily goaded into thinking Biden is an idiot, because they are too stupid to do anything other than digest their spoon-feed gobshite from Fox.

Biden is a cognitively impaired elderly man which by definition, makes him whatever sanitized definition we're using for 'idiot' these days. No one has ever lauded Biden for his intelligence even when he was a much younger man. There's a famous old news report of Biden thinking he was putting a man in his place for challenging his credentials for running for office and Biden launches into an "I'm smarter than you" routine where he tells lie after lie ending with he finished at the top of his class. I can't find the clip quickly and I'm out of town for work and need to be somewhere but I'll bet a smart man like yourself can find it and perhaps use that ultra high IQ you're so proud of to perhaps give some serious thought to answering this question. Did Biden do what you accuse Trump of doing which is  to rise to the top while not being particularly smart from an IQ test point of view?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #13 - 03/29/22 at 08:56:23

He has a very big brain and knows lots of big words and went to a very prestigious school and he knows more than the experts about everything.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 03/29/22 at 09:09:54

Based on the Results of The Experts, I'd be willing to expect a brain damaged third grader to be smarter than The Experts.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 19:53:50

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › It's official! Trump voter are not very smart.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.