Send Topic Print
We all had That Moment (Read 83 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
We all had That Moment
03/13/22 at 16:17:34

Somewhere in your past, you approached a job hastily, without experience and built yourself a bear trap and Then stepped in it. The pain being a teacher that caused you to sidestep many opportunities to revisit such a mess.

For example..

Tasked with replacing the passenger side, cable actuated,remote control mirror on the door, I confidently went and stripped the old one out, and, having not thought it through, didn't tie anything to it to make fishing the new one in easy.

What should have been about an hour turned into almost five.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: We all had That Moment
Reply #1 - 03/13/22 at 20:57:00

Grin , Grin ,  Grin

Screwed-Up Anomous :  My name is Mike , and I have screwed up some !  Undecided 

I'm with ya JOG !  

I just did one this past week ,  

So , I put a new tire on the S40 , and like usuall I didn't blance it ... but ... did put 4 oz's of the sealer/blancer in it.
Well ,
It rode like it was out of blance to my susprize.  
So
Friday I pulled the tire back off , removed all the sealer/blancer out of it and found ...
It needed an 1.5 ozs. in one place and another 1oz in a second place to make it blance.
And then
I forgot to break down one side of it and put blancing beads in it before I put it back on the bike !   Embarrassed

If the weights fly off I'm screwed ,    Maybe I should work some beads in through the air valve ?   Undecided   Just to have all bases covered ?

Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 03/13/22 at 21:05:53

By all means, expend more energy!
If you put them on right they will stay

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 03/13/22 at 21:23:16

In my defense :

I'm not used to a bike tire being so much out of blance to begin with ... 2.5 ozs is a lot !   I'm susprize it make it out of the factory ... maybe I should not buy tires on ebay ?   Roll Eyes

The front is the same brand and style and it came from D Kirk.   no problem with it.  Smiley Shinko 250

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 03/13/22 at 22:41:24

When I see a wheel with that much weight on it I figure they put the tire on wrong.
So I got a new wheel with a lot of weight on 1 side and I strip them off.
Mount the new tire and yes, the same amount of weight goes on.
I even spun the tire around to check if was worst and it was.
They must made valve stems a lot heavier in the past.

WWW   IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #5 - 03/14/22 at 00:22:18

Fell for stupid nostalgia thing, so brought this Jawa. Delivered this afternoon, press key, tickle carb kick bike, bike no go, delivery guy kicks bike, bike no go, I kick bike bike no go. Delivery guy leaves, I kick bike bike no go. Swear violently at bike, bike no go, swear at seller delivery guy and bike bike no go. Read manual partly, kick bike bike no go. Walk off in disgust still swaering. Inadvertantly look at petcock diagram in handbook, reserve vertically up. Stupid ffing Czechs, push key, tickle carb, kick bike 3times bike fires up quite happily.

My_Jawa.jpg

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 03/14/22 at 03:18:40

My worst moment happened many years ago at the office.  This was before modern computers and the "automatic backup" that currently occurs.

I was entering data from the the field books where the surveying crew would record the horizontal angle, distance, vertical angle and description of the things they were gathering in the field to make a map of a project site.  I had typed for nearly four hours and needed to stretch.....so I leaned the chair back and stuck my arms up and my legs out - and my foot hit the little ON/OFF switch on the electrical cord on the floor.  The power to the computer was turned off......and all the data I had entered was gone!  (I had neglected to save the data at regular periodically).
Angry

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #7 - 03/14/22 at 03:19:10

That looks a lot like my very first bike, a ‘66 Suzuki 150 2-stroke twin.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 03/14/22 at 04:45:54

Dang,Dave, that hurts.

A rather large cash register, Sanyo 720, has a dot matrix print head. You can move the keys around to where you want them, and the programming is simple but time consuming. You enter the numbers to make it spell
Cheeseburger and finalize the line of programming by hitting the subtotal button.
The guy who had spent the better part of three days programming it hollered back to me and said
Hey, I'm trying to move the subtotal button. And it's not working. What do I do?
Have you already turned the subtotal button Off and now you want to program it into a new place?
Yeah,,
Okay, easy answer.
Do a Ram clear and start over.

I can still hear the wind going out of him.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #9 - 03/14/22 at 20:30:13

jcstokes

Make me envious a little , you know we don't get two stroke street bikes !

I took a ride on my 2.5 oz tire today and all is well !  I ran it up to 80 with out a problem and left it there for a bit to be sure .   After a while the thought occured to me that the MPG must be terrible pushing that windshield and draging the saddle bags through the air at that speed ... so I slowed down and fell in behind a truck doing 75 for the next few miles.  
It still only got got 108 miles on the tank full before going to reserve ?    I've got to change my driving habits !    But , it sure ran up to 80 nice and quick !   Huh

Seems the only thin gto do is to wear that tire out before the weights have a chance to fling off !    It must almost be time for a long interstate trip !!  Grin

justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 03/15/22 at 02:41:25

MM,my trip to Galveston hauling a wooden milk crate sideways behind me, bags out in the wind and the shield out front and running the guts out of it to stay out of Their way,
I don't remember for sure, but I'm thinking that was almost what mine did. Maybe not quite as good.
Not Knowing how many miles to the next gas meant I stopped before I would  have, so it took forever.
For clarity
The milk crate is a 11/54 year model Lucerne and holds six gallons. I'm very fond of that thing.
And it survived the crash,unharmed.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #11 - 03/15/22 at 05:28:51

Wow JOG

Your Milk Crate is about as old as I am !  

I've been hauling extra fuel in my hard saddlebags by way of 16 oz SeaFoam cans painted red.  (2 per/bag)
In my mind , the Savage's weak point is that "Tiny Tank" .
I've got used to the Guzzi with a 5.8 gallons tank, w/55-60 mpg  

I've had thoughts of getting one of those RE350 Meteors (4 gallons) but , the way the S-40 runs up to 80+ is intoxiating more than 90 mpg is right now.  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: 03/15/22 at 08:18:47 by MMRanch »  

justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 03/15/22 at 10:45:34

Your Milk Crate is about as old as I am !  

It's a month older than I am.
Landlady sold me one of her husbands crates for Three dollars. Dang,, about 43 years ago.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #13 - 03/15/22 at 11:14:50

Young snapper !

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 12:19:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › We all had That Moment

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.