Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Seriously,, I'm not getting it (Read 8 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Seriously,, I'm not getting it
03/09/22 at 19:17:37

I'm not a psychologist so all I have is the question. What I want to know is

What would a psychologist call someone who holds beliefs strongly but can't logically defend them?

I Think I've asked reasonable questions and used real sentences to explain Why I think what I think.
The intent was to offer those ideas to people who don't agree so they could explain why they oppose the things I have brought up.

Not long ago I was challenged by someone, don't remember the name, but I dont think I'm seeing it now, to simply logically explain why gun laws don't work, without being a jerk. It was not really easy, but I took my time and worked to not reply in anger.

So, can we all work towards that? If you have a position that you hold strongly, shouldn't you be able to express Why? If I have a position that I can't logically defend, what am I doing? The ONE THING that got me in trouble more than anything was my insistence on rules having a Why.
Without a Why
It's usually bullshit.

seeing it

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 22:31:35

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Seriously,, I'm not getting it

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.