Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rejetting carb. Where to source? (Read 85 times)
Newtosavagebike
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rejetting carb. Where to source?
03/02/22 at 12:37:42

I’m new to motorcycles and carburetors in general. I got my 02 ls650 last summer with less than 4K miles on it. Despite the low miles, 20 years is still twenty years and I have begun replacing and changing some things. First off  since there was often a backfire, I decided to overhaul the exhaust by replacing the gasket, pipe and muffler. I used the guide here on swapping out to a hd dyna muffler. This seems to point to needing to size up once or twice on carb jet, at least that what I’ve read. Which brings me to my questions; Where and how do I source the correct jets for my carb? Would there be other carb components that need changed as I size up?  I appreciate any feedback and apologize if this has been covered previously. Thank you

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Rejetting carb. Where to source?
Reply #1 - 03/02/22 at 15:43:14

My 96 runs fine with Dyna and stock jetting.  I fiddled around a good bit and I ended up with a 47.5 pilot and 147.5 main. My bike backfired more when I went with bigger jets.

I get a little poof on shutdown and a minimal amount of snap, crackle, and pop if I'm beating on it.  It's well-behaved under normal riding conditions.

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #2 - 03/02/22 at 15:46:31

How’s your throttle response? If you are happy with the throttle response leave it alone. Just because you changed the muffler doesn’t mean you HAVE to rejet. There is a chance that in the last 20’years someone else has already done it. You should know what jets are currently installed - and understand why you are making changes - before deciding to make changes.

« Last Edit: 03/03/22 at 06:33:25 by Gary_in_NJ »  

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Evanswv

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 03/03/22 at 09:15:34

I don't know what they would cost in a MC shop, but on eBay, and Amazon both they are going to cost you around $8-$9 dollars with free shipping for a genuine Mikuni main jet. You can look and find off brand main jet kits for around $10 bucks. I have not seen any of the off brand kits offer the 147.5, or the 152.5 main. I am posting the link mainly because it shows vthe dimensions.  When I was looking for them, I found that searching for "large round Mikuni main jet" was useful. https://www.amazon.com/Carburetor-Individually-Niche-Cycle-Supply/dp/B06XSM7J...

IP Logged
Fast 650

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Valrico, FL
Reply #4 - 03/03/22 at 11:03:16

If you need different jets Lancer sells a nice jet kit with the three most commonly required sizes of pilot jets and main jets, and washers to replace the spacer for the needle. Well worth the price especially if you plan to do more mods later on that will require rejetting.

IP Logged
Newtosavagebike
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 03/04/22 at 06:58:57

I appreciate everyone’s input. Definitely going to ride a good bit before rejecting once I get the muffler attached this week and take it from there. Thanks again!!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 09:25:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rejetting carb. Where to source?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.