engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

For our Dragon riders
02/13/22 at 08:22:24

Short video 'Bit by the Dragon'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3w8BOO1C3I

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: For our Dragon riders
Reply #1 - 02/13/22 at 10:28:32

The corner where he fell is the first downhill turn as you head north out of Deals Gapn - the road up to the TN state line us uphill.  I am not entirely sure why he slid out......painted centerline, wet pavement, cold tires, poor line - but crashes happen almost every day on the Dragon.  The decreasing radius turns can really surprise a rider when last part of the turn is much sharper than the entrance.....this is really hard on cruisers that get to the middle of the turn and when they try to turn sharper they start dragging footpegs/mufflers/frames. It also results in a lot of cars drifting over the centerline!

That video is from 2007 - the Dragon is so popular now you have to choose the days to go so you can ride is safely.  Monday-Thursday is good, Friday mornings are good, and Sunday afternoon/evenings are good.  Avoid Friday night as folks are coming in with cars/boats/campers, Saturday is just too busy, and Sunday mornings can be busy as well.  If you see a lot of Camaros/Corvettes/Mustangs or any other car club headed that way - it is time to find somewhere else to ride!

I really like the Dragon and I have ridden it at least once a summer since 2012 - but I am picky about when I go to ride on it.  There are so many other roads that are fun to ride in that area that you don't have to ride the Dragon every day.

« Last Edit: 02/14/22 at 02:22:00 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #2 - 02/13/22 at 16:03:26

I think that feller touched down on the left side  with the foot peg or something ?

He goes into it in the middle - instead of the outside.  Roll Eyes   The other guy seems to do OK ?

It seems like he is leaning more than the bike is ... up till the time he gets in trouble ?    I'm sure the State Trooper would say "Excessive Speed" (maybe I'm getting old ???) , but once again ... his buddy did just fine at the same speed  ???  Huh

Gosh !  I need to slow down on them Dragon Runs !  Wink

« Last Edit: 02/13/22 at 18:21:14 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 02/14/22 at 00:15:16

think that feller touched down on the left side  with the foot peg or something ?

Watched it twice. Just not enough information for me. Yeah, looks like he touched down and Boom. I've
Touched Down
Hell, I've had to Extricate my foot from between the peg and engine in a turn. He
Touched, and Boom!
So I'm stuck wondering if the
Touch
was Only because of lean angle or if the
Touch
was because of a loss of traction.
I Tried to watch for either tire to move sideways but the video does not allow me ,okay, my ignorance does not allow me, to know more .
One thing you can bet on...
That dude will tell anyone just how quick 32' per second, per second
Izzzz.

At the End of One Second, A falling body is moving at 32'/second.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 11:29:31

General CategoryThe Cafe › For our Dragon riders

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.