Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Re: Stewpid
Reply #16 - 02/12/22 at 11:07:33

Serowbot wrote on 02/12/22 at 08:21:09:
"... I'm thinking of taking up crack now that I can get a free pipe ..."

You wouldn't be the first one to do that !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #17 - 02/12/22 at 11:39:39

Eegore wrote on 02/11/22 at 19:43:44:
" ...  I'd also like to see proof pipes are in the kits.

If a 'pipe' is not in a, 'safe smoking kit',
What is in a,
'Safe Smoking Kit' ?

Or has now, a,
'Safe Smoking Kit', been also 'removed',
from the ORIGINAL statement of the HHS, AFTER
they found out how completely STUPID that was.

"... a spokesperson for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) told them the “kits will provide pipes for users to smoke crack cocaine, crystal methamphetamine, and ‘any illicit substance ..."

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 02/12/22 at 15:05:17

"Or has now, a,
'Safe Smoking Kit', been also 'removed',
from the ORIGINAL statement of the HHS, AFTER
they found out how completely STUPID that was.
"

It wasn't an "ORIGINAL statement" of the HSS.  The actual original statement says nothing about pipes.  Here is the actual communication, and original statement provided by The Free Beacon who originated this report:

https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Screen-Shot-2022-02-10-at-1...

We can clearly see the reference they provide has no mention of pipes from the spokesperson.  They assume, correctly, most people will not look at that reference and see it does not say what they claim it does.

The claim is now:

"a spokesperson for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) told them the “kits will provide pipes for users to smoke crack cocaine, crystal methamphetamine, and ‘any illicit substance"

That "quote" has been altered, below is the actual article:

https://freebeacon.com/biden-administration/biden-admin-to-fund-crack-pipe-di...

Anyone that reads the report can see the "quote" is chopped up and not as MnSpring presents it here.  It actually says:

The $30 million grant program, which closed applications Monday and will begin in May, will provide funds to nonprofits and local governments to help make drug use safer for addicts. Included in the grant, which is overseen by the Department of Health and Human Services, are funds for "smoking kits/supplies." A spokesman for the agency told the Washington Free Beacon that these kits will provide pipes for users to smoke crack cocaine, crystal methamphetamine, and "any illicit substance."

The quoted words are only:

"smoking kits/supplies"  and  "any illicit substance"

The presented quote claiming the spokesperson said pipes were included in the kits has been altered, and the "any illicit substance" was taken out of context.

They then state: An HHS spokesman declined to specify what is included in the smoking kits.

So they imply the spokesperson specified crack pipes, then do not "quote" those words, and then say the spokesperson declined to specify.  Why is the article is structured that way, instead of just actually "quoting" a spokesperson actually saying the word "pipe" or any synonymous English words that relate to crack pipes or pipes at all?

Why omit the actual words used by the actual spokesperson in the posted article?  I would conclude it is because the spokesperson never actually said those words in that context - the Free beacon openly admits this.  Also the source of the communication they provided shows what was actually said, and it's not that pipes are in the kits.

None of this means these kits are a good idea - it means only that the spokesperson never claimed pipes were in the kits, and the Free Beacon provides evidence of this.

But if you don't like Biden, none of that matters.  Just say pipes are in there anyway.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #19 - 02/12/22 at 16:40:02

Eegore wrote on 02/12/22 at 15:05:17:
 But if you don't like Biden, none of that matters.

YET,
  it's perfectly OK to say,
        ANYTHING
if someone does not like Trump.

Assume Spin.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 02/12/22 at 21:10:03

YET,
 it's perfectly OK to say,
       ANYTHING
if someone does not like Trump.

It works both ways.  People "quote" things Trump never said all day long.  

The point is this is another example of how the dislike for a POTUS gets in the way of actual reality.  Russia, Fine people, Robot Biden, it's all the same.  For instance according to the logic used here since the Free Beacon made a report and social media then spread altered quotes, the HHS are liars.  Not the real liars that altered the quotes and context.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 03:37:00

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Stewpid

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.