Stewpid (Read 132 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Stewpid
02/07/22 at 22:35:02

On a Grand Scale

Biden HHS department is about to award $30 million to non-profit groups to distribute “harm reduction” supplies, among them crack pipes.

The $30 million grant program, which closed applications Monday and will begin in May, will provide funds to nonprofits and local governments to help make drug use safer for addicts. Included in the grant, which is overseen by the Department of Health and Human Services, are funds for “smoking kits/supplies.” A spokesman for the agency told the Washington Free Beacon that these kits will provide pipes for users to smoke crack cocaine, crystal methamphetamine, and “any illicit substance.”

HHS said the kits aim to reduce the risk of infection when smoking substances with glass pipes, which can lead to infections through cuts and sores. Applicants for the grants are prioritized if they treat a majority of “underserved communities,” including African Americans and “LGBTQ+ persons,” as established under President Joe Biden’s executive order on “advancing racial equity.”

Other “harm reduction” equipment that qualifies for funding include syringes, vaccinations, disease screenings, condoms, and fentanyl strips. The grant program will last three years and includes 25 awards of up to $400,000.

An HHS spokesman declined to specify what is included in the smoking kits. Similar distribution efforts provide mouthpieces to prevent glass cuts, rubber bands to prevent burns, and filters to minimize the risk of disease.

Also included in this grant program is the installation of “harm reduction” vending machines in high drug-use areas. What is such a thing, you ask?

Naturally, the Canadians are way ahead of us.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Stewpid
Reply #1 - 02/08/22 at 05:44:36

The problem here is it is illegal to deny care for these issues.

So you take the cost of treating a meth addict in an ED versus the cost of keeping a meth addict out of a hospital and instead expose them to treatment options.

Not that anyone will take the treatment options, but it is much, much cheaper to the taxpayer and the individual paying medical bills to treat addicts outside of a medical center.

Now if a hospital was allowed to deny care - then we would have a totally different discussion.

Oh and before we get into the "put them in jail" route - people have to be medically cleared to be in jail.  Most heavy addicts end up in a hospital, not jail.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 02/08/22 at 16:15:41

How did you do that? You conclude that I'm saying
No help
When they are PROMOTING drug use.
I'm calling it stupid.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 02/08/22 at 19:38:28

"How did you do that? You conclude that I'm saying
No help
"

I didn't conclude that.  I am saying that the current "help" is to toss them into a hospital at an outrageous cost to the tax payer and independent customer.

It is cheaper, and in some cases more effective to keep addicts out of the hospital.  Just Say No never worked, War on Drugs didn't work, Mass Incarceration doesn't work, so now the next big thing is to provide safer alternatives.

I have a few syringes I bought in a vending machine in Norway 20 years ago.  They had the same issue then - it was cheaper to give out clean needles than it was to treat all the infected people sharing needles.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #4 - 02/09/22 at 19:03:42

Speaking of Stewpid:

Biden: (a week or so ago) " I've ordered 400 million masks and I'll be mailing them out to everbody real soon !!"

Governors all over the country: ( past coupla days) " Ya'll don't need to wear masks any more."

Biden: " Huh"

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #5 - 02/10/22 at 11:02:44

Eegore wrote on 02/08/22 at 19:38:28:
"... I didn't conclude that.  ... "

You Implied it !

"... Just Say No never worked,
War on Drugs didn't work,
Mass Incarceration doesn't work ..."

Because the UL 'progressive' feel good, FDS,
       never tried hard enough.

' So now the next big thing is to',
ALLOW Illegal Drug Use,
GIVE them all the things they need,
at the cost of the hard working tax payer !

What wonderful, progressive, progress.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 02/10/22 at 14:14:00

The real question is if this is even true.

Are there actually tax-payer funded pipes in these kits?  So far some say yes and some say no.

These types of programs do work with some people, and not for others, much like prison only stops some people or TV ads.  It is much better than pumping them full of Narcan, IV fluids and handing them a sandwich on the way out of the Hospital door then charging everyone else for their care, in my opinion.  

This is not meant to imply that people should not get help.  It is meant to imply that both "yes" crack pipes are in the kits, and "no" crack pipes are not in the kits are both being presented as factual.  Also that humans get off drugs through multiple methods, and that overnight hospital care is not typically and only the word "typically" with the exemption of all other words, typically not effective.  But it is expensive.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 02/10/22 at 15:15:41

Got any better ideas?
... or is this just another Right-wing rage issue?

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 02/10/22 at 19:42:51

"How did you do that? You conclude that I'm saying
No help
"

I didn't conclude that.  I am saying that the current "help" is to toss them into a hospital at an outrageous cost to the tax payer and independent customer.

It is cheaper, and in some cases more effective to keep addicts out of the hospital.  Just Say No never worked, War on Drugs didn't work, Mass Incarceration doesn't work, so now the next big thing is to provide safer alternatives.

I have a few syringes I bought in a vending machine in Norway 20 years ago.  They had the same issue then - it was cheaper to give out clean needles than it was to treat all the infected people sharing needles.

How about

What you Subsidize
You get more of....?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 02/10/22 at 19:45:15

MnSpring wrote on 02/10/22 at 11:02:44:
"... I didn't conclude that.  ... "

You Implied it !

"... Just Say No never worked,
War on Drugs didn't work,
Mass Incarceration doesn't work ..."

Because the UL 'progressive' feel good, FDS,
       never tried hard enough.

' So now the next big thing is to',
ALLOW Illegal Drug Use,
GIVE them all the things they need,
at the cost of the hard working tax payer !

What wonderful, progressive, progress.

Now, now,, you gotta applaud his ability to drag the goal posts around.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 02/10/22 at 22:50:26

"Now, now,, you gotta applaud his ability to drag the goal posts around."

I am directly addressing the topic you started and provided no statement of any kind indicating what you think or believe.

I clearly stated that it is cheaper to keep addicted humans out of hospitals.  If hospitals could deny care to addicts, then the cost would not be so high.

If you somehow think that statement does not address the topic and is implying you think anything at all, then I didn't clearly enough indicate my point.

Lets try again:

1:  Kits are cheaper than medical care.

2:  Emergency medical care can not be denied.

3:  No human on this forum has ever indicated medical care should be denied.

Is that better?  Or did the goal-post move somehow?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #11 - 02/11/22 at 07:46:37

Eegore wrote on 02/10/22 at 22:50:26:
" ... addressing the topic you started
and provided no statement of any kind
indicating what you think or believe ..."

You must have missed it.
I and just about everyone else reading this post
     saw JOG saying, to the like.

"It's REALLY STEWPID
to have the government, provide FREE devices  
so Illegal  Drug Users
can easily USE,
ILLEGAL Drugs"

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 02/11/22 at 08:25:51

JoG provided that statement.  I did not provide that statement.

When I indicate that I provide no statement, I mean me, not any other known human.  I did not provide any statement of JoG's beliefs on this matter.  I did not interpret, or say, he thinks any type of help on any type of thing for any subject should not be done.

I stated that medical care is more expensive than kits.  Emergency medical care can not be denied.  Until emergency medical care can be denied kits and safe-use methods will remain much cheaper than hospital care.

This does not mean any known human thinks medical care, or any thing of any kind anywhere for any human should be denied.

This only means emergency medical care can not be denied.  Only that and nothing else.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 02/11/22 at 17:06:56

Parse this
What you Subsidize
You get More OF.
I know. Logic hurts.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 02/11/22 at 19:43:44

I'm not sure these kits will create drug users.  If pipes exist in these kits I think they will most likely just end up being cleaner hits for people who were already going to do it.

I'd like to see some sort of standard to get supplies like this, like entering a treatment program.

I'd also like to see proof pipes are in the kits.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 05:39:56

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Stewpid

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.