Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Schedule for re-torqueing head bolts? And other ?? (Read 30 times)
Evanswv

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Schedule for re-torqueing head bolts? And other ??
01/25/22 at 19:38:53

I have been looking at online data for the Savage, and I came across a chart with a routine maintenance schedule, and it recommend tightening the head bolts, and exhaust header bolts every 600 miles.  Is this correct ? It seems like that is way too often. I just noticed that it call for oil change and filter every 600 miles, and I know that's not right.         I ordered a clutch cover gasket so I will have it on hand when I check, and measure my cam chain tensioner, and I have seen the method of measuring it  in the tech forum of this sight.  It stated that 18mm, or .7" was really bad, but when I measure mine, what is considered good to go as is for another couple thousand miles?  , And at what measurement would you recommend me extending the plunger ?   Thanks

Screenshot_20220125-224529.png
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Schedule for re-torqueing head bolts? And othe
Reply #1 - 01/25/22 at 20:12:27

Evanswv wrote on 01/25/22 at 19:38:53:
I have been looking at online data for the Savage, and I came across a chart with a routine maintenance schedule, and it recommend tightening the head bolts, and exhaust header bolts every 600 miles.  Is this correct ? It seems like that is way too often. I just noticed that it call for oil change and filter every 600 miles, and I know that's not right.

600 is the 1st change, 3500 there after
Quote:
I ordered a clutch cover gasket so I will have it on hand when I check, and measure my cam chain tensioner, and I have seen the method of measuring it  in the tech forum of this sight.  It stated that 18mm, or .7" was really bad,

that's an overstatement.  22mm would be really bad... eminent sh!t can.
Quote:
but when I measure mine, what is considered good to go as is for another couple thousand miles?

I believe I've answered your question.
Quote:
 , And at what measurement would you recommend me extending the plunger ?   Thanks

about 5/8" 2x 18mm and you'll be in danger of rubbing the backs of the chain together.

WWW   IP Logged
Evanswv

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Schedule for re-torqueing head bolts? And othe
Reply #2 - 01/25/22 at 20:42:38

Thanks

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/01/24 at 16:52:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Schedule for re-torqueing head bolts? And other ??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.