Events for 2022 (Read 1622 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Events for 2022
Reply #255 - 09/06/22 at 19:09:13

Next week the  10th-16th (full moon of Sept.) is the same moon cycle as the Arkansas trip last year ... I was out of town and didn't write it on my calendar but I seem to remember the weather being nice.

My weather forecast for the week of Sept 19-22 is Sunny days with light cloud cover and Rain moving in Friday (23rd).   Based on the last two years of moon cycles (shrinking moon of Sept.)

So Thursday (22nd) is my day to ride home.    If we go the next week ?

I'm ok with either ?

Huh  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #256 - 09/07/22 at 04:34:26

OK.....the week of 19-22 looks like a plan.

We can watch the weather and confirm......I can leave with short notice on Wednesday the 14th if it looks like the weather is perfect and better than the following week.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #257 - 09/07/22 at 08:50:13

OK ,  

I'll set-up my 8'x10'x6' tent today just to make sure all is well with it.

You ridding the BMW or bring the trailer ?

So

If the weather forecast is for dry weather the evening of the 12th then I'll leave the morning of the 13th and head for Moe's and set-up camp.  
If the forecast is not good for the rest of the week then plan "B" .

The Sept. and Oct. full moons of 2020 were both Dry .  
Full moon starts the 10th (this Saturday) 2022.

The warmer the nights the better I'll do.    But the week of the 19th is OK too if its better for you .  

I'll still go check-out the tent today.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #258 - 09/11/22 at 11:36:37

Hay Dave ,

The weather for Stagecoach is looking good for this week.    Its a little cooler than I'd like .    I'm thinking we almost waited to late in the year for a mountain trip (45 deg. nights and 70deg. days).  
But
Unless the forecast changes  ,  I could leave Wednesday Morning .    I'll check the Stagecoach campground to make sure I have a camping spot before I leave.

« Last Edit: 09/11/22 at 20:21:04 by MMRanch »  

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #259 - 09/11/22 at 19:28:53

Hay Dave ,  

If I meet ya in Wartburg , TN. (DIDDIE'S MARKET) then we could ride the
Devils Triangle on the way to Stagecoach NC.  ?

Wartburg is where TN. 62 starts toward the Triangle (NW of Knoxville).    Its only a little over three hours for me.

Add an hour and a half for looping the triangle

And then another 3+ hours to Stagecoach.   So an 8 hour ride day is good for me .   Smiley

Have you seen the weather for the week of the 19-22 ?  

I have to be home Sunday afternoon the 18th , and Saturday morning the 24th.

« Last Edit: 09/11/22 at 20:38:28 by MMRanch »  

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #260 - 09/12/22 at 02:27:19

Mike:

I am camping with with Deb and will be home this afternoon, and I can look at the routes today. Since the weather is so dry I will likely trailer thee Savage down - which will also provide me with a place to sleep.

Are we staying at MO’s?  Her place is called the Kickstand Lodge - it is in Stecoah, NC.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #261 - 09/12/22 at 06:43:30

I'll call Moe to make sure we can plan to stay at her place after 10:00 hrs.   If not there is always the Dragon campground.

If your bring the trailer then I'll bring my little umbrella tent instead of the 8'x10' .     I'm sure two people snoring in the same tent is an terrible  sound  that no-one should have to hear !  Grin  ... unless necessary.

Yea , if the weather is warmer the 19th-23rd week , then good.   Those cool night don't agree with me as good as they used to .  Smiley.

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #262 - 09/12/22 at 10:15:41

Mike;

It appears that the overnight temperatures next week are only warmer on Mon/Tue - but not not much warmer the other days.....and that is subject to change over the next week (could be better or worse).

If the overnight temps are scary - we could camp in the area with electric hookup and I can bring a small heater and extension cord for you to use.  You could stay in the bunkhouse, we could get a cabin, or a heated room at the Two Wheel Inn is about $100 a night and it has heat, a bath and a garage that will hold two bikes.

I believe the better weather gamble is to go this week rather than gamble on next week being warmer and dry.

I will have my car there and we could drive to Robbinsville for breakfast and start riding once the temperatures come up and the fog burns off.

If you want to go on Wednesday I can drive down Tuesday night and then ride the Savage and meet you in Wartburg on Wednesday.

Dave

« Last Edit: 09/12/22 at 11:58:40 by Dave »  

Weather_001.PNG

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #263 - 09/12/22 at 18:47:05

"DIDDIE'S MARKET" in Wartburg , Tn. ?

I called the Kickstand but didn't get an answer so I left a message .   Don't know what that means ?    Maybe I should call Deal's gap to see if they still do camping ?    Hay Dave , your getting there first so - I'm good with what ever you can fix-up .  Cool

If your bring the trailer to sleep in then I'll bring my little easy tent and and a heavier sleeping bag , but thanks for the heater anyway.

It make the trip more fun if it don't cost more than necessary , so I'm good with camping.  

So , I'll plan on leaving Wednesday morning.   Google says its 3.5 hours to Wartburg , and its about 3+ hours from Stagecoach too , so if we both leave at ??? ... 09:30 ... ???  Huh     Aiming at 12:30-13:00 Wednesday at "DIDDIE'S MARKET"  ?    Then on to the "Devil's Triangle" !  Smiley

« Last Edit: 09/12/22 at 21:00:30 by MMRanch »  

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #264 - 09/13/22 at 03:00:18

MM:

Don't worry about them not answering the telephone at Kickstand - they don't sit by the phone and wait for calls.  Deals Gap does not take camping reservations and you just show up.....so if Kickstand is closed I will get us a spot at Deals Gap (and there are other camping spots around).

I will be leaving this afternoon and camp overnight, then on Wednesday morning I will leave on the Savage to meet you in Wartburg at Diddie's Market.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #265 - 09/13/22 at 16:11:29

Is GOOD !    Cool

If Diddie's is what I think it is then I'll be taking Marcia there for lunch on one of our next outing.    Smiley

« Last Edit: 09/13/22 at 19:46:11 by MMRanch »  

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #266 - 09/15/22 at 04:25:01

Mike and I found each other at Diddie's Market.  It was a local convenient store that was popular with the local workers for grabbing lunch.  They did not have any place to sit - so we elected to get on 116 and start riding the Devils Triangle - there was a restaurant on the route and we ate there.  All of the other markets/stores on the route were closed as it is now off season and a weekday.

The Devil's Triangle was a nice curvy road with very little traffic when we were there.  The route is not well marked and when we got to 62 and needed to head east to get home we didn't see any route signs until we had ridden through town and got to a large intersection.....then we discovered we had to turn around to head back to the Dragon.  Most of the ride home was nice.  Lenoir has a frustrating traffic light phasing where you sit at a red light and when it turns green - the following one turns red and you have to stop at every intersection......that makes the trip really slow through town.

The days are comfortable riding - the nights are a bit chilly.  I did discover the bath house has a washer and drier that are free and positioned near the shower - I can throw my towel in the drier while I shower and then get a nice hot towel after my shower!

Today we will go wherever Mike want to ride.  His little Royal Enfield Meteor has no problem keeping up a brisk pace even when loaded down with gear.

Yesterday a motorcycle police officer pulled up beside me - and flashed me and my Savage Cafe' a "Thumbs Up" and said "Sweet"!  Mike said I was going a bit over the speed limit at the time........but I was pulling away from a big intersection where we were in a merge lane and I had sped up to make sure I could merge safely.  The officer didn't seem concerned about it.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #267 - 09/15/22 at 08:55:29

There are some really nice officers out there.  A friend and I had an off chance opportunity a few years ago to meet a county officer, a Marine veteran and a rider himself.  It was on Hwy 62 about an hour west of here.  We talked about 10 minutes about bikes and military, and when we all began to leave he KINDLY reminded us to ride SAFELY.
Gods Grace.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #268 - 09/16/22 at 03:33:48

Lancer:

Yep - Yesterday Mike and I were at a gas station in Murphy l00king at a map to find the most fun way to get to Hiawasee, and an office stopped and gave us directions to get to the routes we needed.

When riding around this area it is a bit sad to see the shops and restaurants that have closed down in the past few years.  The small mom and pop stores are still having trouble.  Several shop owners that I have talked to say business is still down, and when winter comes and the tourists leave it will be worse.  I don't know if Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge have been affected as much as these rural areas.

Yesterday we rode from Deals Gap down to Fontana Village and took the back rode called Fontana Heights over to 129.  It is a really twisty and fun road that has to be ridden a bit slower than the Dragon as the corners are tighter.  We then rode 129 south and went to Hiawasee and up Bell Mountain for the view.  We then rode over to Clayton and took Warwoman over to 28, then rode north on 28 home.  The last 10 miles along the lake was done just as it was getting dark - and the part of the trip along the lake was really buggy!  (Now I know why most of the folks get back to Deals Gap before dark).

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #269 - 09/17/22 at 08:13:53

I made it home before dark yesterday and a little to my surprise on the same tank of fuel I left the Dragon with.   The fuel light came on two towns away from home (40 miles) and it know there is about 1 gallon left at that point so I just went on.  Smiley     But , I'll have to get fuel first thing today , the way I understand it ... The fuel pump needs fuel covering it to keep it cool .

I took pictures almost ever time we stopped with the idea to put together a story line when I get them all into my computer ... so maybe tonight i can get them blue toothed over ?   Last night I was working on it and when I got to a picture looking off Bell Mountain they quit being accepted by the computer ???   I'll try again tonight.

All is well from my point of view.   Wink

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 12:25:52

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2022

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.