Events for 2022 (Read 1622 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Events for 2022
01/10/22 at 18:49:01

I hope its not too early for this thread ?  

So , the thought I had about going to the    Bike Week Campground fair grounds for a campout in March isn't going to happen

https://bikeweekcampground.com/

Am I the only one itching for a warm ride ?  

Hay I was just watching an episode of "Only in America" .,
Well , Larry was at a place in Houston TX called "Goode Company BBQ", Where's our SCOUT in Houston at ?  
this could be a stop on the way to South Texas if we go this year ?

https://www.goodecompany.com/

Might be a bit Pricey but there might be another place more "Wallet-Friendly" near by ?  
2 meats , jalapeno cheese bread and 2 sides $18.50 .  Some times at some places - the servings can be so big that Marcia and I split an order ?

« Last Edit: 01/10/22 at 20:33:01 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Events for 2022
Reply #1 - 01/11/22 at 03:24:27

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #2 - 01/11/22 at 07:03:03

Dang Dave !!!  Smiley Grin Smiley

I had one just like that ... except it had a Yamaha 650 twin motor instead of the "V" motor .

yea , I extended the frame by 8 inches in the rear and put a 10" over and 10 deg. rake on it.  I painted it burn orange metal-flake.
On the long mountain sweepers around El Paso it was really sweet !   All that wheel base made it "DRIFT" like a dream , but it wouldn't been worth a hoot in somewhere like the WOLF PEN GAP.

I don't have any surviving pictures of it or I'd post one.

I was expecting Springman to give us a report after taking his date to the BBQ place .

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #3 - 01/12/22 at 13:08:54

Goode company has good food. Yes a bit expensive but good.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #4 - 01/12/22 at 13:12:11

OK so no Daytona bike week. How does a Texas Hill Country ride sound?

I would really like to see you guys sometime this year. If not the Hill Country, what else?

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #5 - 01/12/22 at 18:21:26

I would really like to see you guys sometime this year. If not the Hill Country, what else?

Agreed !  Smiley   It would be an odd year for us not to gettogether at least once or twice !

Marcia might not be interested in seeing the Hill country this year (been there and done that thing) .    
So , unless she changes her mind then I'm for getting the cabin in Kerrville for a week , and ridding the Savage with leaving the truck at home .  

Last time I did a similar thing it was :
Ride the Natchez trace to the campground on the south end for day one , then on to Kerrville for day two.
But it could be ride to Houston for day two and on to Kerrville on day three ?  
Retirement is good !

I went to Bike week in 2014 but couldn't get anybody to ride there with ... but went anyway.    The Campground where they have the swap meets and the bike shows is the place to stay .   They have a week long camping  deal too .  Last time I only stayed for  three days but after thinking about it for after few years ... I think "day ridding" out of  the campground would have been a good plan .   I met a few nice guys at the campground but it would be more fun to go with a friend or two or three .  Maybe next year ?  Huh

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 01/12/22 at 19:38:39

I'll probably only make it to hill country this year.

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #7 - 01/13/22 at 04:15:52

I would like to try for the hill country again this year.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #8 - 01/13/22 at 08:23:21

You guys put a smile on my face today. Hill Country ride sounds great. I'm with MM as far as the bike goes. I'll ride the S40 there also. And staying at the campground cabin sure makes for a very affordable vacation.

MM, you know you are welcome at my house anytime.

Neal, are you willing to put up again with us for another ride? You know we love you Neal! Cool

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #9 - 01/13/22 at 09:00:14

So Versey , have you gone the way of retirement full time ?  

Huh

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #10 - 01/13/22 at 12:56:06

MMRanch wrote on 01/13/22 at 09:00:14:
So Versey , have you gone the way of retirement full time ?  

Well, Newsome stopped paying me to look for work...
and Brandon stopped paying my healthcare,
but I haven't stopped looking or drawing on my insurance yet.
So technically no.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #11 - 01/13/22 at 14:37:03

I'm sorry your having a ruff time with the "Job-Hunt".    Your one of the smartest guys I know , so if your having a difficult time with it then I'd think a lot of folks would be having a ruff time finding a job.

Here in Tn. there are "Help Wanted" sign up everywhere it seems like ?

Let me know if I should start looking for a place for ya to live ?

It would be great to have a ridding buddy living close by !  Smiley

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #12 - 01/13/22 at 15:10:15

Versy, your engineering skills may well be transferrable to the oil patch. I really do not know how the oil business is doing at the moment but Houston would certainly be a place to look for this type of job. Be it Texas, Oklahoma, or Tennessee, at least you would be out of California!!!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #13 - 01/14/22 at 03:59:33

I think I need to make Covid comment....hopefully this won't get this thread moved to the Tall Table.

The Omicron version of Covid is just now hitting the US.  It is highly infections and spreads incredibly easily.  The symptoms are far less severe than the Delta variety - but the infection is irritating and takes a while to go away.  Deb and I got symptoms on January 1st (we stayed home on New Years eve and don't know where we were exposed)....it will likely take 2 weeks for us to lose all the symptoms and be mostly normal again.  The inventor of the mRNA vaccines has stated that the current vaccines and boosters have no affect on Omicron, and he has even stated that those with vaccines are more easily infected with Omicron.  It is anticipated that over the next 6-8 weeks the US will have a surge of the Omicron virus.  My sister lives in northeast Ohio and they were experiencing a surge in November.....in northern Kentucky the surge has just begun.

This new wave may have an affect on our travel plans for the early spring ride.  My wife and I got Covid a week ago and we are currently recovering - so we will be fine to travel as soon as we get negative test results.

For the rest of you - this Omicron variant is something to consider.  The virus is highly contagious and it isn't impressed by your vaccination status.  The mainstream media doesn't seem to be reporting this accurately yet - it is going to spread like crazy over the next couple of months.  Chances are very high that you will get Covid in the next few months.

« Last Edit: 01/14/22 at 05:13:33 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #14 - 01/14/22 at 04:48:37

springman wrote on 01/13/22 at 08:23:21:
You guys put a smile on my face today. Hill Country ride sounds great. I'm with MM as far as the bike goes. I'll ride the S40 there also. And staying at the campground cabin sure makes for a very affordable vacation.

MM, you know you are welcome at my house anytime.

Neal, are you willing to put up again with us for another ride? You know we love you Neal! Cool

Sure.. I'll drag you around the hills some more.  Always a good time!  Cheesy

I understand Dave's concern about COVID.. and being jammed in a tiny cabin if someone has it..
It is up to each of you to decide what is right for you.

I won't have to jam up with you and will respect what you are needing me to do to make you feel safe during the trip.   Except.. I will NOT were a mask inside my helmet while riding.  Angry

Standing by to ride with the Savage crowd again!  Cool

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 19
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 13:01:29

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2022

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.