How cold is TOO COLD ! (Read 482 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: How cold is TOO COLD !
Reply #60 - 02/08/22 at 08:49:33

Well I became a grandpa for the second time last night. Cool!

It was 37 F this morning, the Honda did not start. I had been meaning to put it on the battery tender, but I didn't. I guess I'll do that tonight when I get home. The S40 started up just fine. It needed the choke for about a minute and then all was good. The day is already in the 50's so the ride going home should not be so cold.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #61 - 02/08/22 at 18:03:56

Hay GRANDPAW !!

For the SECOND time even ... Your to young for having grandchildren.

I guess we will find out if GRANDCHILDREN cause GRAY HAIR  ?   Grin

« Last Edit: 02/09/22 at 07:56:06 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #62 - 02/09/22 at 08:24:56

I always felt you needed to be at least 60 to be a grandparent. Now I wish I would have become a grandparent sooner.

It was 37F again this morning when I left home. The Honda spent the night on the tender and started right up this morning. Nice ride. Cold but beautiful day.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #63 - 02/09/22 at 20:49:03

It was 37F again this morning  

Hay Springman

How big is your windshield ?   Also , I found some hand guards that keep my fingers out of the wind.  Ebay , has lots of styles of them the best ones also are called "Brush-Guards" , they have a solid Aluminum support that also protect your brake/clutch levers in case of a fall over.

Ya beat the wind and you WIN !  Smiley

Check this out ?   https://www.ebay.com/itm/403041168508?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item5dd7202c7c:...

You replace the battery clips with the 2 prong plug that come with bike batteries .   The heat shrink tubing comes from Harbor Freight for cheep.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294721505396?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p...

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #64 - 02/10/22 at 14:26:01

I don't use a windshield. But I do bundle up fairly well and have decent cold weather gloves.

Today was really interesting, I left home in Winter (43F) and arrived at work in Spring (63F). You just gotta love that Houston weather.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #65 - 02/10/22 at 19:30:42

Grin Grin Grin

You must have been "Flying South" instead of going to work ?  Just how fast does that Motorsicle go anyway ?  Grin Grin Grin

« Last Edit: 02/10/22 at 20:33:37 by MMRanch »  

justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #66 - 02/10/22 at 19:49:52

How Cold is Too Cold?

Okay, after actually RIDING in freezing weather and feeling the warmth from the exhaust of a car a hunnert feet in front of me, I can tell you that it is Too Cold at a higher temperature every year. Getting old sux

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #67 - 02/11/22 at 13:50:27

Age definitely has its effects on us. All we can really do is try to live a healthy lifestyle and enjoy what God allows us.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #68 - 02/11/22 at 17:11:41

All we can really do is try to live a healthy lifestyle and enjoy what God allows us.

No contest.. I didn't Do it right, but I'm not so goofy I don't see how correct you are

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #69 - 02/14/22 at 17:20:30

On my way to work this morning I stopped to get gas.....and look what was on the other side of the pump!

It was 13 degrees this morning, and this fellow was riding his Roadster model Sportster.

He had on a pretty light weight jacket and gloves, and jeans!

He proved he is far tougher than I am!

IMG_9695.JPG

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #70 - 02/14/22 at 17:41:36

my vest has its own battery ?

But

13 deg....   Shocked

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #71 - 02/15/22 at 09:38:36

That guy is plain nuts!!! Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #72 - 02/15/22 at 11:52:54

I would have asked if the car would not start..

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #73 - 02/28/22 at 08:51:36

Allergy season has arrived in Houston with a vengeance. Angry That means warm weather to come shortly.  Smiley

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #74 - 03/06/22 at 23:40:16

If you have reason to run North and South you can watch the line of blossoms on the trees creep North. If you are having allergies there now, I'll let you know when it hits me.Truss me, I'll know.
Hope it doesn't hit before the gall bladder surgery heals,cuz when I sneeze it's like a gun going off..
It should be interesting seeing how long it takes for Spring to get from you up to us.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 23:43:28

General CategoryThe Cafe › How cold is TOO COLD !

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.