Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Good looking trunk / top case? (Read 57 times)
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Good looking trunk / top case?
01/04/22 at 19:08:37

I am thinking about getting a new trunk for my bike. Right now I actually have a bicycle trunk, the M-wave Amsterdam box, but its kind of small, and kind of ugly. I want to get something bigger and better looking, to match the styling of my bike. On my other bike I have the Harley King Tour-Pak, and its absolutely awesome, but it would be way too big on the little S40.

I was looking at the leather wrapped Viking Hard Trunk - I think in black leather is is going to look very nicely on the S40, but is kind of pricey. I've been looking at motorcycle trunks on ebay/amazon, and most of them kind of look ugly, but I found a couple decent looking, particularly this one in cream white, I think it might look good on my 2013 green/white model.

Any suggestions?

IP Logged
Evanswv

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Good looking trunk / top case?
Reply #1 - 01/04/22 at 19:27:28

I assume you ride double ,by the looks of your current set up, so my advice would be to get rid of the sissy bar backrest setup, and make, or find a rack just high enough to clear the tail light, and mount a trunk with a back pad on the rack. I think either trunk pictured is nice.  I bought 2 cheap trunks from eBay, and have one on my little Virago, and another on my Enduro, and I wish I would have went with a better one for the Virago. Mine look too much like a scooter trunk. LOL.  But I really don't care ,because they are handy. I like the fact that I can actually run errands on my bikes. With these fuel prices it's not worth running into town for a few odds,and ends in my car,or truck, but cost almost no fuel on a bike, plus it's an excuse to ride, which is good.

IMG_20211203_111408.jpg
  IP Logged
Evanswv

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 01/04/22 at 19:38:49

Enduro

IMG_20210405_123017.jpg
  IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 01/05/22 at 00:20:04

Evanswv wrote on 01/04/22 at 19:27:28:
I assume you ride double ,by the looks of your current set up, so my advice would be to get rid of the sissy bar backrest setup, and make, or find a rack just high enough to clear the tail light, and mount a trunk with a back pad on the rack. I think either trunk pictured is nice.  I bought 2 cheap trunks from eBay, and have one on my little Virago, and another on my Enduro, and I wish I would have went with a better one for the Virago. Mine look too much like a scooter trunk. LOL.  But I really don't care ,because they are handy. I like the fact that I can actually run errands on my bikes. With these fuel prices it's not worth running into town for a few odds,and ends in my car,or truck, but cost almost no fuel on a bike, plus it's an excuse to ride, which is good.

I do not ride double on the S40, I used to before I bought my other bike, but even then it was very seldom, so yes I will probably get rid of the sissy bar and install a new rack similar to what you have.

I am not super concerned about looks, much like you I like to be able to run errands on the bike, but I still want something decent looking. I think the white one should look interesting.

There are a bunch of quality trunks made by companies Shad and Givi, but I browsed their offerings, and I just don't love them - they look too much like scooter trunks.

IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 01/05/22 at 00:27:31

Another thing I've been considering, since I ride solo, is to make a custom "solo" rack, similar to the Harleys, where the trunk is mounter over the passenger portion of the seat. But then I lose the ability of riding two up, if I ever have to. Decisions, decisions, lol.

IP Logged
ckahleer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 01/05/22 at 08:11:06

I would have trouble swinging my leg over that trunk. Although I don't recall having that problem when I was younger.

IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 01/05/22 at 19:04:50

Just took the plunge and ordered the Viking trunk.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 09:24:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Good looking trunk / top case?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.