Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Does cold weather have any effect on belt? (Read 58 times)
Evanswv

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Does cold weather have any effect on belt?
01/03/22 at 15:21:09

It's cold here, but not as cold as usual this time of year, and I will probably take the bikes out a few times later this week. I was just wondering if the belt is affected by cold temperature ?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Does cold weather have any effect on belt?
Reply #1 - 01/03/22 at 17:46:39

It's not impervious to cold. I'm willing to bet it can take more cold than I. Wouldn't be dumping the clutch on it before it's warmed up. In the FWIW column, I've ridden right at freezing and the belt wasn't a problem.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 01/04/22 at 08:09:07

Mine always got noisier when cold.  
I've since switched to a chain.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Evanswv

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 01/04/22 at 11:25:26

I went for a nice little ride today it has been in the low to mid 40s this afternoon. I put about almost 50 miles on it today. I have never heard my belt, but my front brake squeals a little bit when I pull it backwards, at least it did when I pulled it outside today. It may not do it now that I have rode it some.  I don't think I will be doing much more cold weather riding. I was wearing my insulated jacket, and lined gloves, and had a full face shield, but I was just wearing jeans, and my upper legs were pretty cold.  I would have been comfortable in coveralls. I have riding pants, but they don't fit well with the liner, plus I feel like I'm wearing a Power Ranger costume when I were them with the jacket.LOL

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 01/04/22 at 11:48:11

Well... don't ride it backwards and everyone will be happy.   Wink

WWW   IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #5 - 01/04/22 at 13:17:35

I recently discovered Axial Block gear.  I have the 1/2 zip and the pants.  The price is good (pants are about $40) and they do a good job.  The fit's a little odd since the windblock material doesn't allow them to stretch much, but I wear them under some fleece lined pants and my legs are just fine in the upper 20's and low 30's for my 45 minute commuting.
The thing about cold temp riding is allowing for all the extra time to gear up and change once I get to work.  And remembering to charge my new battery operated heated gloves.  Those are a life saver combined with handlebar muffs.

I've ridden this bike and a previous scooter in cold temps and never had belt problems.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 09:12:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Does cold weather have any effect on belt?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.