Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to know if you're outta shape ! (Read 63 times)
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
How to know if you're outta shape !
01/01/22 at 01:45:22

Spend 5 minutes digging your car out of the snow, and you're done for the day!
Cheers! Angry

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: How to know if you're outta shape !
Reply #1 - 01/01/22 at 02:12:51

What snow?

It was 59 degrees yesterday and I went for a short ride to celebrate.  I don't believe I have ever been able to ride this late in the year.

That may be the end of it however........Sunday will be a high of 37 and a low of 20 - with light snow forecast.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #2 - 01/01/22 at 08:24:00

I'm beginning to like this "Global Warming " stuff !   Smiley

I went ridding yesterday too.   and today its 60F and sunny.   But  Tomorrow there is the same weather maker you got Dave ... I see your getting it already !    Tongue

I must be out of shape , I go for the heated gear soon as the weather turns ugly .   

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #3 - 01/01/22 at 11:15:43

You guys really know how to rub it in!  I'm waiting for next weeks rain to finish the job.
Just remember Dave, Kentucky was shut down due to snow somewhere around '91-92-93. I was working in Georgia, wife and daughter were house-bound in a suburb of Louisville for a week. Got an earful when I got home!
Cheers!  Cool

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 01/01/22 at 14:18:43

Shorts and flip flops... What is this Snow thing you refer to?
I have it on good authority that stuff is extinct.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 01/01/22 at 16:14:03

zipidachimp wrote on 01/01/22 at 11:15:43:
Just remember Dave, Kentucky was shut down due to snow somewhere around '91-92-93. I was working in Georgia, wife and daughter were house-bound in a suburb of Louisville for a week. Got an earful when I got home!
Cheers!  Cool

The weather in northern Kentucky/southern Ohio can be a real problem in winter.  Some storms start out with rain, then switch to freezing rain before it becomes snow.  This creates a big problem as the snow has a layer of ice underneath.......and that is really slippery!  To make it even more treacherous we have some pretty steep roads to navigate!

Every 2-3 years we get one of the ice/snow events that make driving very treacherous.

Currently on Saturday evening we are still in the 50's and it has been raining for the last 24 hours and there is another 12 hours forecast.  

Sunday night will drop to 25, and 19 on Monday night.  The ground is saturated and all those places where water oozes out of the hillsides and runs across the roadway will be really slippery when the road freezes!  

Winter has found us again!

IP Logged
Hiko

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tauranga New Zealand
Reply #6 - 01/01/22 at 18:03:59

Dave wrote on 01/01/22 at 02:12:51:
What snow?

That may be the end of it however........Sunday will be a high of 37 and a low of 20 - with light snow forecast.

We have those figures here today    In celsius though
Defintely no snow

Hiko   IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #7 - 01/02/22 at 09:35:02

You are correct, zip!  The older I get, the less I want to shovel snow.  My driveway is 3 cars wide, but not too long.  I also have to clear around the side of the house, part of the back and an area in the grass for our little pup.  I tweaked my back in the first few minutes of shoveling the 7" we got the other day and had to finish in pain.  Getting old ain't for the weak!  Speaking of which, rest in peace Betty White.  You are a national treasure and will be missed!  I'm so mad at 2021 for taking her on the last day of the year!  Same for the fires here in nearby Superior and Louisville.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #8 - 01/02/22 at 19:05:09

Hay , we are penciled in for SNOW in the morning !  

Don't happen much around here !!  Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
SoC
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
Reply #9 - 01/03/22 at 20:54:31

So first I have to say that I finally at age 61 bought a snowblower last year. It is a Ryobi battery powered unit but for here at the Jersey shore it does the job. That said, I was convinced for years, that re-shoveling the snow over and over to clear my walk and driveway was what would eventually cause the heart attack that would kill me. Don't worry about riding a motorcycle, it shoveling snow that will do you in. Anyway, that said, last night when I went to bed and checked Weather Underground it said where I live in Highlands, N.J., was exactly on the line between 1"-3" of snow and  3"-5", with snow starting at 6:00am and going until about 1:00pm. Got up at 8:30 to no snow, and guess what it never snowed here at all. Not sure how it could be so off, potentially 5" predicted at midnight to nothing the actual next day.

And, there is the wonder of why there is a huge proportion of the population who don't trust the "media" when the most significant aspect of how they do consume it (that is media, being the weather) could be so wrong.

I guess the  liberal, "fake" media, must have created the potential of the storm for some political gain, Right?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #10 - 01/04/22 at 02:55:37

SoC wrote on 01/03/22 at 20:54:31:
I guess the  liberal, "fake" media, must have created the potential of the storm for some political gain, Right?

Sometimes it feels that way - the folks who sell bread and milk have bribed the weatherman to increase their sales.

I think the real problem is that Mother Nature doesn't pay any attention to "computer modeling", and she does what she wants when she wants!

I once skipped a trip to TN/NC as the weather forecast was bad - Badwolf went regardless and never once got wet.  I have been standing in a downpour under a gas station canopy waiting for the rain to pass - and the weather app on my phone shows "Partly Cloudy".

Glass you didn't get the chance to go out and make a snow angel in your driveway. Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 19:24:15

General CategoryThe Cafe › How to know if you're outta shape !

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.