Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Relocating rear signals?? (Read 167 times)
Evanswv

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Relocating rear signals??
Reply #15 - 02/26/22 at 18:20:04

Well ,I have had my cheap bags from India on the bike for a spell, and figure I would do a review.  These bags are surprisingly roomy, and hold their shape well. I stuffed mine tightly full of feed sacks for a couple days, and I think it helped. They have two straps on the back of each bag and the straps are sewn and rivited. They have a green cloth liner with a small zipper pocket in the inside. Of the two bags, one does seem to have better leather, and one has a little bit of a wrinkled texture on a place on the flap. I converted mine to throw over bags by lining the holes up in the rear most flaps, and lacing a strong black shoe string though the holes, and for the front end of the bags ,I doubled the other shoe string, and ran a length between the metal loops on the back of the bags. I let this string slip in between the two sections of my seat, and let the strap go across the little square seat pad.  These bags just have flaps with several holes in their straps, and are in no way water proof, but they do come off easy . I ran through a slight shower one day, and the lower quality bag  got a little flimsy, but dried out fine enough.  I think they fit the Savage well, but I will probably end up mounting the big Saddleman bags that I bought used. Any way ,I think they are well worth the price,if you don't ride in the rain, which I don't intend to do ,but sometimes you can't help it. This up close pic shows the flap with the wrinkled texture on the flap

IMG_20220226_1739322.jpg
  IP Logged
Evanswv

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 02/26/22 at 18:21:37

Left

IMG_20220226_1735202.jpg
  IP Logged
Evanswv

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 02/26/22 at 18:22:23

Right

IMG_20220226_1324242.jpg
  IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 02/26/22 at 21:44:58

Use leather protectant, such as "Leather Honey" on them - its basically oil that repels water.

IP Logged
buster6315

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 02/27/22 at 08:29:28

och wrote on 02/26/22 at 21:44:58:
Use leather protectant, such as "Leather Honey" on them - its basically oil that repels water.

Use caution if you purchase indian leather bags with brass hardware.  I've got some and it turns out the chemical used in tanning the leather attacks the brass fittings! Sad

IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 02/27/22 at 16:03:16

buster6315 wrote on 02/27/22 at 08:29:28:
och wrote on 02/26/22 at 21:44:58:

Use caution if you purchase indian leather bags with brass hardware.  I've got some and it turns out the chemical used in tanning the leather attacks the brass fittings! Sad

That is not necessarily a bad thing. Brass will develop a natural patina over time anyway, and many chemicals will greatly accelerate the process. Nothing wrong with patinaed brass, I like it, and a lot of brass products come factory applied patinas. If you dont like it, just use a chemical to restore it, and then apply a layer of waterproof polyurethane.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 09:18:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Relocating rear signals??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.