Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Saddlebags recommendations for stock Savage. (Read 132 times)
Evanswv

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Saddlebags recommendations for stock Savage.
Reply #15 - 12/31/21 at 05:44:45

I ordered the small leather set from India, and just as luck would have it ,a guy just up the road from me about 2 miles posted a set of Saddleman bags for $40 bucks. I went ahead, and bought them, and may try to use them, but they are pretty big. I got a lot of hardware for mounting them, but I really don't understand  how it works. I also got a wide adjustable sling type deal that can be used to hook the bags together and go over the fender. I have really small bags on my little Virago, and will probably replace them with the small, but larger than what's on it now bags, with the set coming from India.

IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Saddlebags recommendations for stock Savage.
Reply #16 - 01/01/22 at 18:32:22

htsm92 wrote on 12/31/21 at 01:28:43:
och wrote on 12/27/21 at 17:32:22:
I have a set of stock bags, but I cut off the "over the seat" strap, and just zip tied them to the saddle bag supports, using four heavy duty zip ties on each bag. The stock bags are small, but they are soft, so they stretch out and can fit quite a bit of stuff.

I also bought a bicycle trunk from amazon, and mounted it with a custom made 1/8" thick stainless angle drilled and tapped into the backrest frame.

May not be the best looking, but very practical and carries a lot of stuff!

---
Care to explain how you zip tied them to the rails?  You've got me wanting to do that with mine;  I haven't been able to figure out a really good way to make them stay still with the top strap intact.  Did you cut holes in the backs for the zip ties?

Sorry, I just saw your posts. I have the stock saddle bag supports on the bike, and yes, I made four hole in the back of each saddle bags, and zip tied them to the supports. I will try to take a photo tomorrow.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 05:38:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Saddlebags recommendations for stock Savage.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.