Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE) (Read 21 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE)
12/24/21 at 06:59:55

Huh?
Exactly. WTH is that?
For as long as I can remember, I would occasionally have serious trouble swallowing food. Some foods worse than others but it could flare up anytime. The solution was just to sit there and wait it out. Skip forward 30 or 40 years to 6 years ago. Had a bad flare up that wouldn’t go away. Had a chunk of sandwich stuck halfway down and it wouldn’t move.

Went to ER and they fixed that and doctor set me up next day for an esophaguses dilation, which is where they put a long ballon down your esophagus and pump it up like they do with arteries sometimes. Worked like a charm. No problem swallowing. Doctor said however it would come back in 5 or 6 years. Route cause is acid reflux so treatment to help that was encouraged.

Okay, what does this have to do with you guys? Well, right on schedule it started again a few months ago so I had another balloon treatment a week ago. But this doctor did a biopsy because he saw no sign of damage from acid reflux. He diagnosed something called EoE. Now, one of the treatments is Flonase which is a nasal spray which I happen to use already. But this treatment is to spray it down the throat twice a day, 4 sprays at a time. I’d never heard that before so I was reading up on this and stumbled onto several studies that say regular users of steroid nasal sprays like Flonase or Flovent are very much under represented in Covid diagnosis.

I’m reading more about this but I wonder …… I know a bunch of people who’ve gotten Covid like my regular golf buddies by the way, and as far as I know I encounter the same number of people they do but I never got it. My brothers did. I traveled frequently during early days of Covid also. Could it be because I’m a regular user of Flonase, any virus I inhaled was unable to gain a foothold in my sinuses which is where Covid begins?

Not sure and I’m not suggesting all of you go get Flonase, which is over the counter, but I’m not suggesting you don’t either.

One of the studies I’ve read is below.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8381621/

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE)
Reply #1 - 12/24/21 at 11:50:52

Its good you aren't having Acid Reflux related EoE since that is a fast-track to esophageal cancer.  

Intranasal vaccines are being looked into.  I imagine since Flonase and similar are basically steroids we would see components of them in any SARS related intranasal vaccine.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/to-beat-covid-we-may-need-a-good-s...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 12/24/21 at 13:08:54

I know a bunch of people who’ve gotten Covid like my regular golf buddies by the way, and as far as I know I encounter the same number of people they do but I never got it.

You Really don't Know you Never got it. My wife got it in November. She felt like crap. Wound up losing taste and smell and got a retinal hole, requiring surgery.
I slept in the same bed, door shut, window unit, ceiling fan,, same air.
I never felt a thing.

I'd bet a coupla hunnert bucks I have the antibodies.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 12/24/21 at 13:49:45

The question is do you have enough to prevent the disease from having serious impact.

Multiple people who died from respiratory failure related to SARS-COV-02 had antibodies.  Having antibodies helps but they aren't a cure.  In your case it seems your body took care of it just fine.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 05:32:17

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.