MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Predictions for 2022
12/17/21 at 19:33:55

There are only 14 days of 2021 left.

So , I'd like to make a few predictions for 2022.   Feel free to add to the list .

First , I predict that gas (the kind ya burn in your car (Stew) Smiley) will get to $4.00 a gallon for the summer driving season , then drop back to near $3.00 just in time for Chuck Schumer tell us all what a great job they are doing before Nov elections get here.

Also ,
That Suzuki will see the error of their ways and give the world (us too) a 400cc version of the TU250 --- or at least start working on one.

That Honda will announce a 500 version of their CB350! H'ness. for the 2023 line up.

I'm going out on a limb with this one :  That I'll go a whole year without buying or selling a motorcycle ?   Lips Sealed  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Predictions for 2022
Reply #1 - 12/18/21 at 02:29:00

I will retire full time on June 30, 2022.  I will have adequate time to finally get some of my projects moving forward toward completion.  (Deb may go crazy that I am home so much......I may be allowed to take a solo riding trip for a few days every month when she needs a break).

I am currently really satisfied with the motorcycles that I own and don't want to sell and replace any of them.  However - there will likely be a Honda Trail 90/110/125 in my future.......at this point I don't know how nice of one.  I am trying to get a local one that is not in great shape cheaply - but then again it doesn't take long before you have spent too much money and should have bought one that was in nice shape when you got it.  I know there are better off road/dual sport bikes that I could buy for the same kind of money.......I am just a bit intrigued by this bike at the moment.  They are horribly under powered by even the Suzuki Savage standards....the 90cc bike is only 7 HP and can only hold about 40mph on flat ground - the 125 is not much better with 9HP and a top speed of 55mph!  I am already sending secret messages to DragBikeMike on how to make a hopped up engine!

There is little doubt gas will become expensive - as I have lots of travel plans in my future! Sad

I intend to start "downsizing" on all the stuff in my garage and buildings.  I am starting to see that I have too much stuff!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #2 - 12/18/21 at 06:50:38

Dave , I understand the VanVan  is kinda "Under-Powered" too.

I went to look at the new Himalayan's in Decatur Al. yesterday.   They are $5200 with a 3 year warrantee  They have a lowering kit I'd be using for a couple inch in the rear.  The front can only slide through the triple tree about 1.5" before the handle bars get in the way.    But the rear could go down a lot if a person made their own shock bars.  Four gallons of fuel makes a difference too !   Wink
They are "OVER-BUILT" and tuff looking , I'm under the impression they can run 65-70 mph all day sort of like a Savage with stock gearing but a little better balanced.  

Yamaha has the XT250 for about the same money with a little less pounds of steel involved ?

I'm putting my $$ into paying for the new property for the next few years but would like to try one of the above machines for a while.   Its nice to have choices !  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #3 - 12/18/21 at 09:42:50

I agree that gasoline will continue to get more expensive.

I do not see myself buying a bike in 2022 but still keeping my eyes open for a good deal.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #4 - 12/18/21 at 11:03:37

MMRanch wrote on 12/17/21 at 19:33:55:
I'm going out on a limb with this one :  That I'll go a whole year without buying or selling a motorcycle ?   Lips Sealed  

You do know there are 365 days in a year.      Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #5 - 12/18/21 at 16:56:13

You do know there are 365 days in a year

Yea Ruttly , and day one isn't even here yet !   Embarrassed

Hay Springman , what machine in particular would it be a good deal on ?  There are so many different ones !    Which one has caught your eye ?

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 12/19/21 at 02:56:47

MMRanch wrote on 12/18/21 at 06:50:38:
Yamaha has the XT250 for about the same money with a little less pounds of steel involved ?

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcd/d/hamilton-2020-yahmaha-xt250/742193291...

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #7 - 12/19/21 at 16:59:52

The Yamaha has a fly in the ointment :

2.6 gallons

The Himalayan has 4 gallons ... But ... I'm trying to control myself ??  Undecided

Smiley

I was looking at a story last night about a guy who crossed Bear Tooth in 2020 at the last of August.    He referred to snow and frozen puddles on the side of the road !  Embarrassed

I'll keep looking for "To Go To" places ...

How about Bike week without staying in camp a lot ?   Like day rides out of camp then staying for the "Burning Bike" at the last night ?

I got 55 mpg from the Savage last time , I'm planning to fill up with 100% real gas and try it again soon as I get my chores caught up again.

« Last Edit: 12/19/21 at 18:11:36 by MMRanch »  

justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 12/20/21 at 13:07:49

I got 55 mpg from the Savage last time , I'm planning to fill up with 100% real gas and try it again soon as I get my chores caught up again.

So, never?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #9 - 12/20/21 at 18:45:05

So, never?

Grin

If the weather warms up tomorrow afternoon it might be "The Never" you refer too   Wink

We had rain yesterday and the ground is to wet to work.  So , I get a day off !

I put my winter windshield on today.   Smiley

justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 12/21/21 at 00:22:58

C'mon man, every man on the planet knows about
Getting caught up.
Wait a year. Dave is gonna
Retire...
In a year he's gonna have less free time than he does now.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #11 - 12/21/21 at 03:11:42

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/21/21 at 00:22:58:
Retire...

I only have 6 months to wait!  June 30th, 2022 is my Emancipation Day!

I am currently cleaning out my garage, tossing away worthless stuff, selling unused stuff, getting rid of undone projects and getting ready for a life of working on the things I want to do.

I also plan on doing a lot of riding!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #12 - 12/21/21 at 07:24:22

a life of working on the things I want to do.

Now !  That's how life should be !!    Cool

I've had the idea that YouzGuyz has the right idea in life .    That would be ridding the back roads and doing it everyday .    Wink

Makes me want to put the factory gearing back on my Savage just thinking about it .  Undecided

Na , I'll just leave it in 3rd or 4th a lot  ...  Smiley

justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 12/21/21 at 09:23:05

Dave wrote on 12/21/21 at 03:11:42:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/21/21 at 00:22:58:
Retire...

I only have 6 months to wait!  June 30th, 2022 is my Emancipation Day!

I am currently cleaning out my garage, tossing away worthless stuff, selling unused stuff, getting rid of undone projects and getting ready for a life of working on the things I want to do.

I look forward to the travel pictures.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #14 - 12/21/21 at 15:07:27

Well JOG , the weather did get up to 51 deg today , and I did take a ride .  

But

I got cold then got home again.   Tongue

I did fill it up with 100% gas , and the last tank full only got 54mpg.   That may be the best it will do on the 90% stuff.   It feels like its running lean till it warms up now.

Did you ever get your bike back on the road yet ?     I think you were looking for forks ?    Should somebody make a "Prediction" that you'll get your bike going again this year ?  

« Last Edit: 12/21/21 at 16:27:36 by MMRanch »  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 01:09:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › Predictions for 2022

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.