Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What is the correct size of cone air filter?? (Read 53 times)
grandpa

Old but not cold!!!

Bartlett TN
What is the correct size of cone air filter??
12/14/21 at 12:24:27

I have had cornea transplants and finally have new glasses on the way. Having a lot of trouble reading fine print on my computer. I have tried searching, going thru all the threads etc. Making my head hurt!!!
I feel like a newbie! I pulled the carb, freshened it up and measured the throat (air filter side) at 56mm. The only filter I found was an Emgo 54mm. Price was cheap enough in case it won't stretch on. Not a crisis. Will know if it fits in a few days. Would prefer a better filter but I am anxious to keep building while I am in the mood. Thanks guys!! And gals!!

Blue '06, seat mod, K&N drop-in filter, desnorkeled, 55 pilot, 152.5 main, 1/3 spacer, dyna muff, factory bug shield, 11.5 Progressive rear shocks, debadged, fork boots, 110/90-19, 140/90-15
grandpa   IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Re: What is the correct size of cone air filter??
Reply #1 - 12/15/21 at 02:57:28

As I recall, K&N RC-1250 is on my bike, and works great!
Cheers ! Cool
https://www.amazon.com/RC-1250-Universal-Clamp-Air-Filter/dp/B00062YO9K

ps: I had cataract surgery last year, no longer need eyeglasses in my helmet. Phenomenal change, best decision !

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 12/15/21 at 13:01:40

For those of us who have to have glasses, one problem we have to deal with is the helmet touching the temple pieces. The helmet is Gonna vibrate, and if the padding touches your glasses, it's gonna shake Them.
So, once I figured that out, I took my upholstery needle package out and grabbed the small curved one and stitched the padding down tight along the line from ears to eyes. It's much, much better.
Just reach up and gently move your glasses around. The world moves.

Full disclosure
The above statements can be run through a BS detector/filter that would make a Reverse Osmosis system look like a chain link fence and they will Still remain unchanged.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #3 - 12/16/21 at 13:07:12

Yeah I’m not fallin for dat.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 05:26:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What is the correct size of cone air filter??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.