Send Topic Print
I guess E nailed it (Read 145 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
I guess E nailed it
12/11/21 at 21:01:40

Groot Agrees that the retailers aren't doing everything they can do to make it harder for the criminals. How DARE they expect society to Not make violent criminals comfortable? WTF are they thinking? How can they expect society today to behave in line with how things have been for decades?

Yeah, I'm WAITING for the false equivalency pretenses from the left.
Gonna smash it like a Pinata.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/chicago-mayor-lori-lightfoot-blames-retai...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: I guess E nailed it
Reply #1 - 12/12/21 at 02:30:37

What I was saying is I would recommend that retailers take on security measures within their control before they lobby Congress to allow all US citizens to use deadly force to protect property they think people will steal.

What will happen first?

1: Congress allows US citizens to murder each other based off the premise that they believe a person or group of persons are going to steal something.

2: Expensive purses get locked up.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 12/12/21 at 04:03:56

You’re sounding a bit like a politician E. Your extrapolating ideas into wild and crazy end results.

Did anyone say allow US citizens to kill each other because they think somebody might steal something? No, no one said that. I said, and I posted several videos showing clear examples, that citizens should step in (and legally should be allowed to step in) to stop behavior like this. That’s a little bit different than sitting outside of Neiman Marcus and shooting any black kid that walked by in a hoodie. That’s kind of what you’re trying to infer which is a typical political (mostly liberal) talking points. That’s how you dodge addressing the real issue by extrapolating it to the nth degree into something it’s not.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 12/12/21 at 05:28:45

Well when the proposed activity is "Shoot them in the face" I would think its best to legalize that action instead of proclaiming everyone will just look the other way because that particular murder was to protect civilized society.

What end result do you think will happen when you shoot someone in the face?

"Did anyone say allow US citizens to kill each other because they think somebody might steal something? No, no one said that."

I disagree:

"To me, shooting them down is the right answer.
If it's not legal
It needs to be.
"

So here JoG does propose that deadly force be legal to protect against potential theft.  

My stance is that this will be a very long and very difficult process and that most businesses will lock their products up before they will lobby to let people murder in their retail outlets.  

I already agreed with you that people, when they feel it's safe to do so, should intervene.  I do not agree that we should shoot them in the face until it is legal to do so.  I also do not think that only reasonable law-abiding people will take advantage of this legalization, I think criminals would as well.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 12/12/21 at 05:59:31

That phrase was essentially recalled so pretend for the sake of discussion it never occurred.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 12/12/21 at 06:39:08

Potential theft..
Good GAWD!!

Stoppit!

Wiping out your inventory and wrecking the store ..

When it threatens your ability to pay your bills
It threatens your whole life.

It's not stealing a pencil
It's destroying everything you worked for.
And look at what Groot says,,
I'm comfortable.
She, IT, DISAGREES with me
And thinks the stores need to take steps.

Funny,, until democrats started running things, that was not necessary.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 12/12/21 at 13:19:13

Using the video provided in the other thread one can see a large group of people running into unlocked doors at a high rate of speed.

How many of those people, in that video, at that time, could you say actually stole something?  At that time.  Grabbing a semiautomatic and shooting into that running crowd would be shooting people that might steal something.  You think when you go to court US law will change to meet your needs?  

Now if you shoot them as they are exiting, and can confirm they are carrying a store item, (and aren't someone running out in fear that bought something) then sure, start shooting.  Aim for the face.  Remember this is not for your safety, just to protect "property".

"It's not stealing a pencil
It's destroying everything you worked for.
"

And you can keep pretending that only good people will use the law.  This one law will be the one criminals won't take advantage of somehow.  Criminals would never use legalization of deadly force to their advantage right?

What about this one law keeps criminals from abusing it?

"She, IT, DISAGREES with me
And thinks the stores need to take steps."

Lobbying to legalize deadly force to protect property is taking steps.  How would "IT" even know You want to legalize deadly force to protect property anyway?

Again which do you think will happen first:

1:  Bob's Luxury Handbag Emporium lobbies Congress and spends 10 or 20 years trying to legalize use of deadly force to "protect property".

2:  Bob's Luxury Handbag Emporium modifies their purchasing process.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 12/12/21 at 14:10:31

... and then with legal open carry laws,.. what if the shoplifters start carrying AR15's into the stores they are going heist?
It's wilder than the wild, wild, west.
Bullets flying everywhere.

Better to just let it happen, then use security cam footage or hope someone snitches.

I don't own anything I'd be willing to kill someone to keep.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 12/12/21 at 14:48:20

I don't own anything I'd be willing to kill someone to keep.

Doesn't mean you don't own stuff someone would kill You for.
How YOU feel means squat. What about the guy who has worked all his life to build a business and can't afford to have his inventory ripped off
What about the fact that the criminals are armed with crowbars and a head shot would be deadly? You prefer letting them ruin someone over them stopping them?
Open carry is your argument? Really? Business owners have the Right to say otherwise.
You lefties are the reason why it is how it is. Reference the map of cities where the murder rate sets records. Trump's fault?
Nope. It's lefty bullshit,realized. The cops won't and the law says the victim can't.
Jeff Cooper said it best.

Ohh,PLEASE point out where he is wrong..

https://www.azquotes.com/author/3249-Jeff_Cooper

Let's Go Brandon!!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 12/12/21 at 15:09:23

A right leaning reporter once pointed out a map of the US to Al Gore covered in mostly red with tiny blue patches here and there and asked why America has so few liberal areas.
Gore said, "That's where all the people are"

Urban crime is high because that's where all the people are.
LA county has a population of 10 million.
New York's total population is just greater than 8 million. That’s about the same number of people who live in Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, and the western half of Minnesota combined.

Where would you expect crime to be high?

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 12/12/21 at 15:35:27

"What about the fact that the criminals are armed with crowbars and a head shot would be deadly? You prefer letting them ruin someone over them stopping them?"

Again you are mixing personal protection with property protection.

You can use deadly force to protect yourself and others.  Now if you are behind the counter and a guy runs in grabs something and runs out, with a crowbar, and you chase him out of the store and shoot him in the back, you are not protecting yourself.

So in that case law needs to be changed so we can kill people running away.

If a guy with a crowbar runs in a store and you see him and shoot him in the face because you think he will go steal something, you will go to prison - unless we change the laws.  

Now if you can articulate that you believe he was going to engage in imminent harm towards another person, that's ok.  But what is being discussed is shooting people in the face if you think they are stealing that soap in that video.

Gunning down many people as they run into a store is something we need input from store owners on.  How much investment and time are they willing to put into allowing them to gun down people running in their stores with possible intent to steal?  

Personally I think they would lose business if customers think store employees can gun down people they think are running in to steal something, or if they think it could happen while they are shopping and they get shot instead.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 12/12/21 at 15:37:56

You are Serious? You don't remember your Own history? When, ever,have you seen such lawlessness? And Why is it where your ideology is out in front? Look,LOOK, at what is going on. You don't want to see the victim stop the crime. YOU don't WANT the victim to stop the crime.
Own that.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 12/12/21 at 15:42:55

"Look,LOOK, at what is going on. You don't want to see the victim stop the crime. YOU don't WANT the victim to stop the crime.
Own that.
"

Current law does not allow for what you propose.  Law would need to change.  Shooting people to protect property is not legal except in very specific cases (like arson) and would need to spend years and years in court to be implemented, if it ever is.

How does that help Bob Store Owner tomorrow?

The victim should be empowered, I am just saying legalizing deadly force to protect property and only property, not people but specifically and only property, is the least efficient means of empowering them.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #13 - 12/12/21 at 16:56:34

If a person makes money,
by convincing people.
(that spend OTHER peoples money)

That person, will,
‘sound like’ a, ‘politician’.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #14 - 12/12/21 at 17:06:11

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/12/21 at 15:37:56:
" ... YOU don't WANT the victim to stop the crime. Own that.

JOG Jog jog,
do you not understand,
the way to deter/stop the outrageous, crime,
is to NOT, punish/incarcerate, the THIEF !

It is to punish the store owner who's property was Stolen/Destroyed.
It is to punish the honest customer who pays for things,
by having to pay more, because of the, THEFT'S .

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 07:52:01

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I guess E nailed it

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.