Send Topic Print
Shopping for Ammo (Read 109 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Shopping for Ammo
Reply #15 - 12/07/21 at 08:43:25

That's like saying a kid in class is supposed to be listening to his teacher not writing notes, whispering to another kid, doodling etc.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 12/08/21 at 09:43:58

Serowbot wrote on 12/07/21 at 08:40:05:
A kid in class is supposed to be paying attention to teacher,.. not shopping on his frikkin' phone.

While that would be ideal, shopping for something that can't be used to murder people is quite a bit less alarming than a kid who has, reportedly, obvious and concerning behavior issues shopping for ammo.
If I had a kid in the school who Didn't get shot,just got scared really good, I'd be pisstawf. It kinda Looks like the school should have been more proactive. I know at least one kid stayed home that day. What was the scuttlebutt and how widespread was it?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 12/08/21 at 14:32:27

I am just saying that kids will put their phones away and listen to teachers today about as much as kids stopped writing notes and goofing off in class 30 years ago.

Oh yeah of course every generation is worse than the one before it.  Kids in my day were much more respectful... said everyone since schools started.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 12/08/21 at 15:40:52

Eegore wrote on 12/08/21 at 14:32:27:
 I am just saying that kids will put their phones away and listen to teachers today about as much as kids stopped writing notes and goofing off in class 30 years ago.

Oh yeah of course every generation is worse than the one before it.  Kids in my day were much more respectful... said everyone since schools started.

Every generation dragged us straight to the Gates of Hayull!!

There's always been good kids and hoodlums. And all those in between. To be fair, there are schools in places where the kids are straight up dangerous. My eighth grade science teacher's husband worked at Blackshear high school in Odessa. A kid stabbed him in the forehead and ran the blade down his face. His glasses saved his eye.
I don't know the percentages, but the feeling I get is being a teacher is harder now than ever. I worked for a man who offered to put me through Texas Tech IF I would be a teacher. Thunk on it for two days and told him I didn't think I could do that. Teachers don't have enough autonomy and they don't have enough authority.
Is school a hot mess? I think so, in some places. The kids are living in neighborhoods. If the neighborhood is made up of hoods,guess who is in the class.
America Had a top notch education system. Now we are Number One in what we spend and, IIRC, around 23rd in results. You can debate the how and why, but I remember some of the Steps to Improve the System. They made adjustments, testing showed the Improvements were steps in the wrong direction. Rather than going back to what had been working they made other Adjustments.
At some point
Stupidity Stops being cover for Sabotage.

Charlotte Iserbyt, The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America

Back in the day Latin and Greek were taught in high school.
Now they teach remedial English in college.

It's going downhill.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 09:50:20

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Shopping for Ammo

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.