the kid/parents,
what he/they did,
and how.

Asking why it was,
so wrong for a student to look at Ammo.
BEFORE
any of the events happened ?

If he was looking at,
naked females, naked males, CNN channel, Poker You Tube’s, Nerf guns, Skill saws, chainsaws, wrench sets, etc., etc., etc.

Would he have been called in to the, ‘Office’ ?

Golly Gee Wally,

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Shopping for Ammo
Reply #1 - 12/04/21 at 07:51:46

I read about and listened to the events that lead up to the killings. Yes, the parents are culpable. The kid was depressed, suicidal  and crying out for help. The parents were lacking any perspective of reality.

The parents were called to a meeting in the school that morning to review a picture the kid had drawn about how he hated life, how the world was terrible, he wanted to die and please make the sounds in his head stop. He drew pictures of him shooting kids. The parents insisted their child stay in school that day and left the building. Nobody checked the backpack he had with him and inside was a gun his father had bought a few days before. A day or two later, the father posted a picture of it saying that this was his son’s Christmas present.  When the shooting started and news began leaking out, the mother sent him a text and said “Ethan don’t do it”.

I’m not in favor of always blaming parents because I think while it’s true kids are a product of their environment, it’s also true kids are who they are.

I would encourage you to read this one book about columbine, I’ll find the name of the author, the book is on the bookshelf somewhere. One of the Scariest books I’ve ever read. In that case, absolutely no one saw it coming. They planned that attack a year and a half before they started it. This case in Michigan however, had red flags all over the place.

This was a sad, mentally ill child, unfortunately in a home with inadequate adult supervision. Also, I think it’s fair to ask what affect the isolating guidelines due to the pandemic had on him. A mentally ill, depressed child, forced to stay at home with lunatic parents and reducing the possibility of making new friends and perhaps seeing a glimpse of light in what he perceived to be a totally dark world.

It’s a tragedy but don’t let this event overshadow the Wisconsin event because that’s what the commercial news media wants. They don’t want to confront black nationalism. They’d rather talk about gun control and poor whites who live in a backward world. They’d rather talk about that. They don’t want to talk about Brooks and how he selected this parade to try and kill as many white people as possible.

Both are tragedies but don’t ignore one because that’s what the ruling class who happens to be in power right now and who control the media (maybe it’s the other way around) want you to think.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 12/04/21 at 08:24:00

MnSpring wrote on 12/04/21 at 07:05:12:
If he was looking at,
naked females, naked males, CNN channel, Poker You Tube’s, Nerf guns, Skill saws, chainsaws, wrench sets, etc., etc., etc.

Would he have been called in to the, ‘Office’ ?

Golly Gee Wally,

Yes Wally, he probably would.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 12/04/21 at 12:01:12

Well when we choose one part of an overall larger story its easy to criticize the one isolated action.

Webstermark provided a good explanation that shows the overall circumstances provide more information than selecting just one.  

If a kid kills some people with a knife we do not need to interview every kid that ever cuts a steak.  But we do if that kid cutting steak says he wishes he was cutting up his little sister and has a history of depression and violence towards her.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #4 - 12/04/21 at 14:20:50

Eegore wrote on 12/04/21 at 12:01:12:
" ...   If a kid kills some people with a knife we do not need to interview every kid that ever cuts a steak. ... " 

And, Another, Swing and a MISS !!!!

Point is, the kid/parents/teachers all certainly looked like they did wrong.
  (Unlike Baldwin, who did not pull the trigger)
And my question, was NOT defending/apologizing for their actions.

The point is, why is looking at ammo, any different than looking at any of the thousands of other things.

If the drawing/comments/actions preceded the looking at ammo,
different story.
However that is not how it was presented.

But that's ok.
Cause banning a gun, or ammo,
will stop all school shooting.
Just as banning a red car ...

The point is, BEFORE.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 12/04/21 at 15:47:07

"If the drawing/comments/actions preceded the looking at ammo,
different story.
However that is not how it was presented.
"

My understanding is the kid had known issues prior.  You are correct that looking at ammo really should be no different for the average person.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 12/05/21 at 05:06:28

It’s different because this kid was known to the teacher and students as someone who wasn’t right.  He wasn’t normal. And besides all of that, the events later confirm the warning sign was in fact, an actual warning sign.

No, some kid in a rural district looking at a ammo on his phone probably raises  no red flags. That makes sense. A very disturbed child; that’s different.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #7 - 12/05/21 at 06:40:54

Totally agree,
in this case,
it is/was warranted.

However,
A ‘teacher’, ‘other students’,
decide someone is, ’not normal’.
Because they personally are, anti-gun/hunting.

They have seen a person, on their phone/computer/tablet/etc,
Looking up AMMO, during a break/lunch/recess/etc.

That person is going hunting,
they are looking/deciding,
which, FPS/FPE/BC/etc.,
which projectile weight and construction,
are best for their hunting situation.

And now, because of a ‘RED’ law,
A whole bunch of hoops to jump through !!!!

Other students see what is happening,
so they now, HIDE, that activity.

All because of a ‘opinion’.

So, what ways can a, ‘crazy’ person be found/identified,
while protecting the RIGHT of a honest Citizen ?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 12/05/21 at 06:51:46

A  ‘teacher’, ‘other students’,

I’m not sure that’s true in this case.

I understand your point am am aware there are idiotic, clueless leftist masquerading as teachers who $hit their little panties at the even the picture of a gun, but I’ve read quite a bit about this case and that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Now, on the other hand, Wisconsin officials had red flags being slapped against their pasty white liberal cheeks and they still let Brooks walk because they’re so woke, they didn’t want to be accused of racism.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 12/05/21 at 15:06:06

"However,
A ‘teacher’, ‘other students’,
"

Are they though?  Or is it assumed?  It is possible that pro-gun well informed people can see that a kid who repeatedly says he wants to kill people might be a kid that shouldn't be looking for ammunition.

So, what ways can a, ‘crazy’ person be found/identified,
while protecting the RIGHT of a honest Citizen
?

We don't have the RIGHT to shop for ammo and not be questioned privately about it.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #10 - 12/06/21 at 12:18:06

Eegore wrote on 12/05/21 at 15:06:06:
" ... It is possible that pro-gun well informed people can see that a kid who repeatedly says he wants to kill people might be a kid that shouldn't be looking for ammunition. ..."

Absolutely !

Unlike a group of people,
who if they don’t like something,
they expect everyone else,
to Not Like It !

"...  We don't have the RIGHT to shop for ammo and not be questioned privately about it. ..."

Do you have the 'right', to not be questioned,
about your choice to drink a Coke or Pepsi ?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 12/06/21 at 12:38:47

A little perspective might be in order. This is a 15-year-old kid in school on his phone. He should have very few freedoms to begin with.

If I were a teacher, I would like to think that if noticed this disturbed child on his phone in class looking at ammo and, thinking about the fact he’s obviously disturbed, yes I would absolutely like to think I would do something.

This is not a freedom of speech case. Kids shouldn’t have the impression they have absolute freedom in school.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 12/06/21 at 14:27:24

Considering the general attitude toward guns and schools, I would expect a student to avoid That spotlight. I'm wondering what was running through his head. Apparently he was thinking about shooting someone And it seems like he was hoping someone would stop him.

The drawing of the victim, bleeding said
Help me or Help, I think..
But was it the victim crying out or was it him?
Idk.
There are a bunch of better places to be shopping for ammo.
The rumors that kept some people at home are interesting.
I'm curious about when he started talking about doing that.
Was it before dad was in the process of buying the gun?
How long was it after the gun was home did he wait?
I still don't know why he chose Those people to shoot.
Random or getting even?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 12/06/21 at 14:48:53

"Do you have the 'right', to not be questioned,
about your choice to drink a Coke or Pepsi ?"

Not privately.

I think JoG and Webstermark are close to the actual situation.  The kid presented prior behaviors, as in before the event, prior, that indicated he either wanted, or needed help.

Questioning a kid like that, and only a kid like that with the exclusion of all other known kids on Earth, is reasonable.  Knives, ammo, bats, chainsaws, Coke and Pepsi cans etc.  Anything that a kid says he wants to kill people with, maybe could be questionable.

In this case we do not know the stance, pro or anti-gun of the people that questioned the shopping for ammo.  So saying they did it because they are anti-gun is simply a guess.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #14 - 12/07/21 at 08:40:05

A kid in class is supposed to be paying attention to teacher,.. not shopping on his frikkin' phone.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 10:14:39

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Shopping for Ammo

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.