Send Topic Print
Perfect storm? (Read 197 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Perfect storm?
11/22/21 at 04:12:08

Is there an perfect storm of events brewing that leaves mass destruction in it’s awake? Is it survivable?

Is running over children at a holiday parade the straw that breaks the camel’s back and we turn this around? Or is it just the opposite, it’s the match that lights the powder keg.

I don’t remember everything a country went through with the race riots of 1968. I was just a little kid, poor as dirt and living in a sh!t hole in North St. Louis.  I was the only white kid in the school. As you can imagine, my family and I took the wrath of the surrounding neighborhood. But, I and the country, lived through that.

Now we have social media (and a million sites like this one). I’m not as optimistic that we survive in this storm.

I was telling Jog this story in a private message but in the last two weeks I’ve had three friends die that are basically my age. All different things, none of them violent, but nonetheless they’re gone.

I’ve never met anyone on here and have no plans to but nonetheless the personality traits each of you are just as real to me is if you live down the street and I saw you every now and then. Essentially, you’re as real as anyone else.

My fear is we have very difficult and very violent times ahead of us. I see no need to throw more fuel on the fire especially when the fuel is electronic. There’s value to actual physical confrontation sometimes. Bad people need to be stopped for example. But, big picture wise, there’s very little value to what I’ll call antagonizing by pixel!

So no more harshness from Webster Mark. I will value each of the personalities that come across electronically. I know we’ve said this before but we should imagine we’re really sitting down at a round tall bar table having a beer and an open discussion.

So my answer to the first question is I feel like this is the straw that breaks the camels back. We’ve got to turn this around or it will be a Powder keg.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Perfect storm?
Reply #1 - 11/22/21 at 07:00:52

You can not Will the people to sanity. The ones who believe Kyle is a white supremacist who popped three white felons is
A White Supremacist.
And he should be in prison.
And you can't make the people who believe that
Stop believing that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 11/22/21 at 07:40:02

I think it's fair to say interactions online have varying degrees of impact based on demographics like age/gender/geography etc.

This reminds me of hearing how the "Like" button on social media was invented as this great way to make interacting efficient and make a more positive experience for users.  Go Like things out there, help people feel good.

It turned into from what I have researched, one of the common motivators for suicide and murder among youth.  I do not have compiled evidence of this at this time however a reference is below.  We as humans, ("humans" being the average of all known humans on earth) will naturally find ways to compete, and getting "Likes" became a competition.  Getting "Likes" for many became an obsession, as they would need to know how many positive reactions they got from any action.  Low-Likes means low public perception which means you matter less.  Now kill to prove you exist, or kill yourself because it doesn't matter if you exist.

I use this as an example of one of the many things online that simply became something negative over time.  Forums can do this.  Facebook, YouTube, etc.  Positives that become a negative.  

There's a whole other avenue to this that content becomes driven not by what one actually likes or thinks but towards what they think others will like or think.  This develops a whole other string of problems, like my cousins in high-school that make false YouTube videos about election fraud and gun control for the fun of pissing people off, and the views/likes.  When I ask them what is more important of the two they say "views" are more important than pissing people off.  So they value the "views" number over the emotional gratification they get by being jerks.  

The nice part is we can see it happening, and that allows for the problems to be solved.

On the other end "Arab Spring" that toppled governments was started online.  So there is that.

https://ourworldindata.org/rise-of-social-media

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 11/22/21 at 08:35:34

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/22/21 at 07:00:52:
You can not Will the people to sanity. The ones who believe Kyle is a white supremacist who popped three white felons is
A White Supremacist.
And he should be in prison.
And you can't make the people who believe that
Stop believing that.

No, you’re right, you cannot. Just like your favorite sports team, you don’t believe they can do anything wrong and when they lose it’s not their fault. we have the red team versus the blue team.

I’m afraid the main stream media will get together and decide the ramifications of this event last night force conversations where they don’t want them to go so this story, as terrible as it is, may get buried in an attempt to make it go away.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 11/22/21 at 10:27:44

WebsterMark wrote on 11/22/21 at 04:12:08:
So no more harshness from Webster Mark. I will value each of the personalities that come across electronically. I know we’ve said this before but we should imagine we’re really sitting down at a round tall bar table having a beer and an open discussion.

So my answer to the first question is I feel like this is the straw that breaks the camels back. We’ve got to turn this around or it will be a Powder keg.

Lately,... I've been losing my faith in humanity.
It's just one ugliness on top of another.
I hope your resolution is sustainable.
Every morning is a new horror.
Do your best.  

Peace, Serow

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 11/23/21 at 04:57:52

Somewhat unbelievably, my local newspaper has in fact buried the story. The narrative now is that he was fleeing  another incident so therefore this somehow, in our bazaar world today, excuses his behavior to a small degree. He is still charged with five counts of murder but was his anti-white hatred create it by the constant, nonstop drumbeat from the leftist media?

There is no comparison to an act like this. Sure, cry Charlottesville all you want but nobody ran down 50 people. Cry proud boys all you want but there is no comparison to this. None.

We seemingly ignore the daily murder rate with black on black crime and pretend it has no impact across the spectrum, to the rest of us. But it does. The black race is destroying itself with violence and hatred. For no reason other than it gets some people elected and gives them power. That’s the only reason this  racism narrative is constantly beaten over peoples heads.

There was a pregnant black woman in Philadelphia gunned down yesterday. Here in St. Louis we just had brutal series of recent murders of Black people by other Black people. Why is that not the number one story every night and why are we not focusing all this energy on that?

Instead, we try to blame the prevalence of guns which is a factor but it’s nowhere near the primary reason. We ignore the reason because we don’t wanna say it out loud. But the black culture is saturated with violence and antisocial behavior. Misery loves company and they can live their entire lives in that existence thinking that it’s normal but it’s not. We have no go zones in virtually every major American city today yet we turn our attention to a 17 year old kid who shot three white people and we turn him into a white supremacist icon because that’s how the leftist elites keep the narrative going and keep one party pitted against the other.

If they don’t line the three guys up on trial and Georgia and execute them by firing squad, whatever comes out of that trail won’t be enough. It’s a virtual guarantee that one of them is going to get off with a lesser punishment and that will be the hook the media hangs his hat on to continue to cry racism. Pardon me, that wasn’t correct, they continue to cry THEIR version of racism.

I stand by what I said, I’m not sure where we go from here.

We’re going down.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 11/23/21 at 05:28:04

"Somewhat unbelievably, my local newspaper has in fact buried the story. The narrative now is that he was fleeing  another incident so therefore this somehow, in our bazaar world today, excuses his behavior to a small degree. He is still charged with five counts of murder but was his anti-white hatred create it by the constant, nonstop drumbeat from the leftist media?"

Isn't claiming that a story was "buried" pretty much saying you already think he had anti-white hatred and that it is due to leftist media?

I'd want to know what media he consumed, if any, his views on race prior to the incident, the duration of "leftist media" exposure he had and what responses, if any, that he had to it.  For all I know this guy didn't even read local newspapers, or watch "the news" or use Facebook etc.

Is there evidence at this time to show this guy had white hatred and intentionally ran down all those people based on race, and that it was a direct reaction to consistent leftist media exposure?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #7 - 11/23/21 at 06:09:28

Eegore wrote on 11/22/21 at 07:40:02:
"...   This reminds me of hearing how the "Like" button on social media was invented ..."
"...   It turned into from what I have researched, one of the common motivators for suicide and murder among youth. ..."

OMG,
Clearly one HAS TO ELIMINATE,
the use of the, 'like', button !!!!!

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #8 - 11/23/21 at 06:15:23

Eegore wrote on 11/23/21 at 05:28:04:
"...  I'd want to know
what media he consumed, if any,
his views on race prior to the incident,
the duration of "leftist media" exposure he had ..."

Please explain how,
what a person watched/believed/experienced,
has to do with why a media outlet,
has decided to drop a story ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 11/23/21 at 08:13:34

Eegore wrote on 11/23/21 at 05:28:04:
"Somewhat unbelievably, my local newspaper has in fact buried the story. The narrative now is that he was fleeing  another incident so therefore this somehow, in our bazaar world today, excuses his behavior to a small degree. He is still charged with five counts of murder but was his anti-white hatred create it by the constant, nonstop drumbeat from the leftist media?"

Isn't claiming that a story was "buried" pretty much saying you already think he had anti-white hatred and that it is due to leftist media?

I'd want to know what media he consumed, if any, his views on race prior to the incident, the duration of "leftist media" exposure he had and what responses, if any, that he had to it.  For all I know this guy didn't even read local newspapers, or watch "the news" or use Facebook etc.

Is there evidence at this time to show this guy had white hatred and intentionally ran down all those people based on race, and that it was a direct reaction to consistent leftist media exposure?

That information was available within hours and certainly by the next day. He was on bail for running someone over with his car.

Compare the leftist media response to this with the knee jerk, immediate condemnation on other incidents. Remember it was Sarah Palin’s fault Gabby Giffords was shot. Biden pronounces Rittenhouse a white supremacist almost immediately and others still do it to this day. Matthew Shepard was tortured and killed by right wing rednecks, right? No, he was a drug addict and screwing one of his killers who were both being pimped out by someone else, but we passed a law in his name.

There are legitimate grey areas and there are not. What I’m saying is if leftist media immediately painted Rittenhouse as a white supremacist , is there any logic other than partisanship for not doing likewise to this guy especially when the evidence of such is overwhelming?

I’d be fine with not pinning a label on this guy but stop leftist, who control the vast majority of media, from doing it when it suits them.

We have no legitimate news outlets. All we have our advocates and it’s up to us to discern what’s more likely the truth.

We need journalists who do their job a little better.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 11/23/21 at 10:15:17

Web,check your PM Box.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 11/23/21 at 11:29:21

"OMG,
Clearly one HAS TO ELIMINATE,
the use of the, 'like', button !!!!!
"

Like cancel it?  Maybe educate first.

"Please explain how,
what a person watched/believed/experienced,
has to do with why a media outlet,
has decided to drop a story ?
"

That's what I am asking Webstermark.  I of course could also be interpreting his assessment incorrectly.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 11/23/21 at 11:42:27

I’d be fine with not pinning a label on this guy but stop leftist, who control the vast majority of media, from doing it when it suits them.

We have no legitimate news outlets. All we have our advocates and it’s up to us to discern what’s more likely the truth.

We need journalists who do their job a little better.

I agree.  Unfortunately the distrust in one source often times leads people to even more unreliable sources.  I just watched a video today of a guy lighting on fire from a vaccine.  Sent to me as "proof" they are killing people.  Sure that can't be faked.  Back in 1993 I watched a movie that had rather convincing dinosaurs in it.  You think maybe that visual tech has improved in the past 28 years?  But the "media" is so dishonest that the "underground" video that can be found really easy is the way to go.

Finding the truth, or closes thing to it takes more and more work each day it seems.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #13 - 11/23/21 at 17:50:41

Eegore wrote on 11/23/21 at 11:29:21:
 Like cancel it?  Maybe educate first.

According to the current POTUS,
 all his puppet masters,
    and Azz lickers.
Remove/Confiscate
    is the only way.

Education will NOT work with firearms,
why would it work with the, 'like', button.

What if someone said:
Remove the 'Like', button,
and you will remove "...suicide and murder among youth..."

Rather, comparable to:
Remove a Model of Firearm that was used in a School shooting,
you will remove School shootings.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 11/24/21 at 05:27:48

While what you say is true I think it's a bit oversimplified.

I think the difference between a Like button and a firearm is that I can't go kill 30 people in 30 seconds with one.

The social importance of the Like button is self-inflicted harm and therefore more controllable by means of self-realization and doing things within one's control, like not using the media that contains it.

Firearms don't get the same treatment because the victims can't opt-out of the murder.  Also the mechanism to do harm is not in the victim's control.  There's also the individual availability factor such as outlawing a gun doesn't get rid of the gun, but outlawing a Like button can actually remove it from a social platform since the business controls it.

So, to me, (me being myself with the exclusion of all other known humans) the mitigation effort could be similar by means of removal.  If legislation removed AR-15 and similar weapons the murder rate per minute would reduce but only if criminals couldn't still get that gun.

Outlawing a Like button feedback method would reduce self-inflicted social harm, but only if alternative methods of digital feedback aren't introduced.

As for education - I mean the potential victims.  So educating children as the the harm the Like button can do over time is pertinent.  Much like other forms of education.

The comparative factor for firearms is teaching potential shooting victims how to avoid being in areas where they can be gunned down.  Steer clear of crowds, stay away from music venues, fairs, parades, movie theatres, public schools/colleges etc.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 09:45:52

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Perfect storm?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.