Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Killing of Ahmaud Arbery (Read 450 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Killing of Ahmaud Arbery
Reply #75 - 12/04/21 at 05:12:15

Eegore wrote on 12/04/21 at 00:19:02:
So, because someone might take unjustified action, action must be illegal.

No.  I am just saying that law applies equally.  Legalize deadly force to protect property and criminals can now kill because you stole their pencil.

You get that?

Law applies to everyone, not just those that use it correctly.  By this logic one should be allowed to gun down anyone that is in possession of any item they do not own.

If a guy steals a reflector from my fencepost I can go kill him a month later because the protection of "property" is now law.

Oh but only reasonable law abiding people will take advantage of this?  

OK, we get it. Your theory is for honest citizens to change everything in their lifestyle, pay far more money for common items, be fearful outside in public retail spaces, rather than try to take sensible steps to stop this nonsense. Got it.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #76 - 12/04/21 at 06:45:05

WebsterMark wrote on 12/04/21 at 05:12:15:
OK, we get it. Your theory is for honest citizens to change everything in their lifestyle, pay far more money for common items, be fearful outside in public retail spaces, rather than try to take sensible steps to stop this nonsense. Got it.

Yep

Some people believe :
Preventing, from being able to, commit a crime.
  Is better than,
Preventing from wanting to commit a crime.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #77 - 12/04/21 at 07:24:05

Eegore wrote on 12/04/21 at 00:19:02:
" ... I am just saying that law applies equally.  ... "
"... Law applies to everyone, not just those that use it correctly. ..." 

Laws do NOT, 'apply' equally to everybody !

Thousand of examples, (that are known of)
Just a few examples,
Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, Clinton ... ... ...
Obama, Holder, Franklin, Omar, Polisi,
and on and on and on ...

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #78 - 12/04/21 at 07:29:16

Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump,...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #79 - 12/04/21 at 07:35:14

Again, there are two people to whom the law legally does not apply equally. The President and to a lessor degree, The Vice President.

For the rest of us, no kidding Captain Obvious. Of course the law is unequally applied. My biggest beef at the moment is the parents of the Michigan kid who killed students are charged with involuntary manslaughter while the DA and other State officials (and the mother of Darrell Brooks who posted his bail) face no repercussions for their actions that lead directly to 6 murders currently.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #80 - 12/04/21 at 11:18:07

"OK, we get it. Your theory is for honest citizens to change everything in their lifestyle, pay far more money for common items, be fearful outside in public retail spaces, rather than try to take sensible steps to stop this nonsense. Got it."

Wal-Mart employees dumping hundreds of rounds of ammunition into crowds of people to prevent theft is a "sensible step"?  You don't think maybe people will be fearful if they can be executed by anyone that thinks they have an item they didn't pay for?

I go up and put one bullet in the face of each of those two shoplifters taking soap in that video and I won't end up in prison?  Murdering those two idiots to protect society is a sensible step?

What I am saying is I would recommend an employer engage in currently legal actions to reduce theft, before lobbying thousands and thousands of dollars and most likely a decade of legal debate to legalize deadly force to protect property.  

Does anyone really think Wal-Mart could have killed a bunch of people in that video and not lose a ton of customers and spend years in court?  Would you really have murdered 20 of those people because you don't want them stealing TV's?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #81 - 12/04/21 at 11:25:25

"Yep

Some people believe :
Preventing, from being able to, commit a crime.
 Is better than,
Preventing from wanting to commit a crime."

There's nothing wrong with preventing desire to commit crime, that is called psychological deterrence.

What do you think will happen first?

1:  Wal-Mart lobbies Congress to legalize an ability to kill anyone that hasn't paid for an item and is outside the doorway, and permission to kill anyone running inside that might steal something.  All US citizens are given legal permission to kill anyone they know has stolen something or they think will steal something.

2:  Wal-Mart locks up more items, creates more point-of-purchase barriers and increases incentives to purchase certain items online only or at employee manned counters.  Like how they sell guns.

I wonder which route Wal-Mart would choose.

How about this:

I kill two people stealing soap to protect society that were not engaging me in any way.

How many people will rise up and start doing the same thing to protect society?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #82 - 12/05/21 at 06:55:07

The bottom line is I think we have an obligation to at the very least consider stepping in if possible. Otherwise, law and order will continue to degrade.

And as far as letting the legal system handle this, I read the 14 smash and grab thieves in LA who were arrested…….were released with no bail.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #83 - 12/05/21 at 15:15:47

"The bottom line is I think we have an obligation to at the very least consider stepping in if possible. Otherwise, law and order will continue to degrade."

I agree with this.  I don't agree that shooting people in the face or gunning down groups running into stores is the primary method to choose.

I see this a lot like protests and riots etc.  It eventually wears off and another thing takes it's place.  Combine this with deterrence and reduction is bound to happen.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #84 - 12/20/21 at 12:42:47

Returning to this topic with a video. Seems reasonable to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw9AUXR8etE

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #85 - 12/20/21 at 12:56:07

It's reasonable.  I can however see the criminal lawyering up and having them challenge that once the criminal was down, and not fighting back, why he was punched and kicked in the head.

He was curled up in the fetal position, no longer had possession of the purse and the Good Samaritan continued to punch and kick the criminal.

No big deal here, but if the Criminal had ended up in the hospital or died I think the Good Samaritan would have ended up being prosecuted.  Hopefully with no charges, but I imagine it would have happened.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #86 - 12/20/21 at 13:16:38

dəˈtərəns]
NOUN
the action of discouraging an action or event through instilling doubt or fear of the consequences.

If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.

Jeff Cooper

Making it okay for the victims to make perpetrators suffer is necessary. It won't last long. Just like the carjackers in Louisiana figured out it was not such a fun game after the Guvnah said
The people need to arm themselves
And shortly after reports of carjackers screaming and bleeding, flopping and dying in the streets became common, it faded into the background.
Sure, initially it would be horrible. Tough schitt! It's NOT Goin to be a long term issue. Just change the dynamic. In a few weeks, criminals will stop pretending they have a right to your inventory.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 07:59:09

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Killing of Ahmaud Arbery

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.