Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Killing of Ahmaud Arbery (Read 450 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Killing of Ahmaud Arbery
Reply #60 - 12/01/21 at 07:49:50

"E,A GANG organized thugs,is quite different from
A Shoplifter.
The gangs are strong arm robbers. They are ARMED, and killing the bastards is good."

Yes but we are proposing the legalization of deadly force to protect property.  A person shoplifting is taking property.  Now we need an exemption for shoplifters?

So how when lobbying to legalize use of deadly force to protect property would it be defined?  

If One's perception of property protection is to stop the moving of an inanimate object by a group of X-number or more that are ARMED, one can use deadly force to stop inanimate objects from being moved.

What number is X?  

How do we define how many people should be involved in theft before I am allowed by law to kill them?

"You should be able to apprehend and prosecute.
If that includes a beat down..
Okay"

What would be the method for me to prosecute?
 What would "beat down" be defined as in law?  I am allowed to physically damage a perceived thief by a certain percentage?  

Maybe replace "person" with "property" in general and just leave it at "reasonable degree of force".

This way in the mob footage provided in this thread one could consider it "reasonable" to unload hundreds of rounds into that crowd running in the doors.

Again, to be clear, this is only to protect objects, not people.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #61 - 12/01/21 at 11:10:21

There is something of a bottom line here and it’s seems to be some will accept changing their preferred lifestyle and sense of safety, others object and demand legislative actions, others decide to pick and choose when to step in if unfortunately put in that spot.

It all comes down to the situation at the moment and honestly your mood at the time. It’s impossible to say what you will or will not do when confronted in a criminal situation. I honestly don’t know. I’d like to think I would proceed as I have done a couple of times in the past and step in to protect the week, but I’ve never been faced with overwhelming odds. I saw another BLM protest last night in Minneapolis were a bunch of people piled onto a car and the person was trying to drive slowly away. I’m not sure I would be that patient but who knows. If my granddaughter were in the car and she was scared , I would run over anybody to get her out of that situation. Again, it’s hard to say what anyone will or will not do. It’s always different in real life.

Which by the way is why Rittenhouse was found not guilty. The videos didn’t lie. It’s also why those three guys in Atlanta were convicted. The video didn’t lie.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #62 - 12/01/21 at 12:41:22

About 20 years ago.
In a cold country,
where people fish in the winter through the ice.

Their was a lake, that a number of, ice houses, were broken into and vandalized.
Couple of nights later,
a number of ‘kids’,
    fell and slipped on the very slippery ice,
each breaking a leg, or a arm.

I believe it was 12-14 years later,
before any ‘Fish House’, theft/vandalism was again reported.
And then,
it was reported only,
One Time !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #63 - 12/01/21 at 15:21:18

1973,I was in Biloxi, the news was full of reports of car jackings in Louisiana. It was almost daily. Some were killed, caught up in the seatbelt, dragged to death..

Finally the Guvnah went on TV. He said
If you are afraid you might be car jacked and you want a gun,get a gun.
The next week was full of reports of Attempted car jackings. Several thugs were treated to a belly full of lead. They flopped and screamed and bled in the street.
It took a coupla weeks before they decided it wasn't such a fun game.
Car jackings were rarely in the news after that.

Make the game cost THEM to play.

Knock off the bullshit. Gangs, ripping through a store, breaking things and emptying out your store, the store that FEEDS Your family and the families of your employees is NOT THE SAME as someone stealing pencil.

Shoot them in the FACE. This crap would come to a halt.

If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.

Jeff Cooper

When the
Property Crime
Bankrupts a member of society, what then?
Ooopsies, too bad? That is the price of living in a big city? Who pays the bills? The property may be leased.. Who makes the payments? Shrug at
It's only Stuff,, you can't stop them. You only worked all your life, only to watch thugs take it away.

I think Walgreens has closed six stores in California. Pharmacists out of work. Stockers, cashiers, out of a job. Customers needing a new pharmacy. People who lived close, maybe don't have a car, now how do they get what they had relied on the neighborhood Walgreens for?

Yeah,, someone is going to be a
Looter Shooter.
Being pushovers means it won't stop.

If the law can't or won't
The Victims must
Or It Will Not Stop.

Or maybe I'm not seeing right.
Maybe it's not supposed to stop..
I guess it's not. Because it's illegal to stop illegal activity.

« Last Edit: 12/01/21 at 16:42:05 by justin_o_guy2 »  

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #64 - 12/01/21 at 18:48:23

"Finally the Guvnah went on TV. He said
If you are afraid you might be car jacked and you want a gun,get a gun.
"

This may be what we need to happen now.  If a Governor can sign an executive order of some kind allowing people to protect property, not themselves like during a carjacking, but somebody stealing things from Walmart then it should be done.  

I'm all for starting at tear gas and flash-bangs and taking out the escape vehicles and then working into mass murder inside the stores.  Cleaning up 50+ dead bodies at a Wal-mart will take some time.

"Knock off the bullshit. Gangs, ripping through a store, breaking things and emptying out your store, the store that FEEDS Your family and the families of your employees is NOT THE SAME as someone stealing pencil."

Yes it is if we legalize deadly force to protect "property".  Unless provisions are in place that establish that if X-amount of people are engaging then you can kill to stop theft.  Just like in CO where there is a provision for arson.  What is Bullsh!t is pretending we can just legalize the use of deadly force to protect "property" and not have some specifications.  

"Or maybe I'm not seeing right.
Maybe it's not supposed to stop..
I guess it's not. Because it's illegal to stop illegal activity."

That's what people say when they want to make it sound worse than it actually is.   It's also illegal to kill people for identity theft.  Does that mean it's illegal to try to stop identity theft?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #65 - 12/01/21 at 20:23:48

People rarely come into a jewelry store or a high end shop with crowbars, threatening people and breaking nuts
To steal your identity.

The Problem is
It's illegal to kill thugs.

And if enough of them got dead or forever crippled, then the
Allure would fade,except for the hardest of the hard cases.
Never going to Stop crime, but when there are no consequences ,cops can't or won't do anything, the chosen victims are the last defense for an orderly society.

Money is property.
Walk into a bank and wave a gun around and see how it goes.
On duty, gun carrying cops hanging out in banks here is a common thing.

Fella could get shot by a guy protecting
Property..

I know you are Correct about the law.
I'm saying it's screwed up.
I say a store that is how a man makes his living and provides for his family is worth killing over. Else he winds up under a bridge. We have the right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, and we weren't intended to be made impotent by statute.

The
REEE! You value your Stuff over someone else's LIFE???

Well,, that piece of nuts values my stuff over his life.

Shoot them in the face!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #66 - 12/02/21 at 07:54:57

Eegore wrote on 11/30/21 at 09:08:27:
" ...   I think stores can be designed better.   

Some gun stores, have, cages inside the main door.
You go in, you are in a cage/something, then you need to be, 'buzzed' in.
Most Coin Shops have them.

Guess tomorrow,
ALL other kind of stores will be installing them !
After all, the answer is,
"Prevent someone who WANTS to commit a crime,
from being able to, commit a crime"

Instead of;
"Prevent someone from wanting to commit a crime'

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #67 - 12/02/21 at 08:45:48

I walked into a store, famous for kit furniture, IKEA I think. The place was designed to make you walk a path to the other side. I didn't like it, I went back, and was told I couldn't get out the door I came in. I had to walk through that store the way they wanted me to. I ,once I figured out what was going on ,didn't look at anything to buy. I just wanted OUT. Never again will I go back in a store like that.
I suppose cages would work. A line of them at the grocery store! You go in get searched, prove you have the money to cover your order, and if they like you, you can do your own shopping. If not you have to give them your list and let them bring you the bent cans.

Yeah,, designing the stores to make crime nearly impossible is how to live.
Everyone wants to live in a society where there is Zero trust and contact through a speaker system ,because a 4" hole in the glass might spread the Rona. SSAAAFETY bars and bulletproof barriers, like criminals being allowed in the cafeteria. Uhh,no,, it's worse than convict lunch time.

I want a comfortable, open society. Everyone does. That is why it's what we built. We live openly and comfortably, until hooligans screw up our day.
Then

Shoot them in the face!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #68 - 12/02/21 at 14:58:30

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/02/21 at 08:45:48:
Shoot them in the face!

It has been pointed out to me,... that this is a little over the top.
Did you see the photo of that guys arm in the Rittenhouse case?

Your online presence will be incriminating in any future violence you may consider.
Even in Texas.
Think about it.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #69 - 12/02/21 at 18:02:48

"People rarely come into a jewelry store or a high end shop with crowbars, threatening people and breaking nuts
To steal your identity.
"

Again you are mixing threatening humans with taking property.  Property is not Humans.  The proposal is to use deadly force to protect "property" and only property with the exclusion of all other known things.

"Money is property.
On duty, gun carrying cops hanging out in banks here is a common thing."

Show me a non-licensed security bank employee that is instructed to kill people taking that money.  They are very specifically taught to give the money over.

You are comparing law enforcement to regular citizens.  It is expected law enforcement intervene if somebody "waves a gun around" anywhere at anytime, not just banks.  It's like saying there's a fire and watch the fire department come put their lives on the line to stop it.  Yeah I'd expect that.

Shoot them in the face!

The problem comes when people start killing each other over pencils, online identities, etc.  We can't assume only reasonable people will use this privilege.  Property is property, a guy just took a reflector from the post on the corner of my property.  Should I shoot him in the face?  Do I have to do it at the time, or can I plan it out and go do it later?  What's the statute of limitations for using deadly force to protect inanimate objects?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #70 - 12/02/21 at 23:34:16

Yeah,, hadn't thought about it

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #71 - 12/03/21 at 04:11:57

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/02/21 at 23:34:16:
Yeah,, hadn't thought about it

Thank you JOG for acknowledging that. Most wouldn’t, you did. Thanks.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #72 - 12/03/21 at 05:40:35

Personally I think there could be room for allowing the protection of property in two components.  One is "Personal" property, and another as "Known" property.

Personal property is obviously property I own.

Known property is owned by a business, neighbor etc. that I as a person choosing to kill another human has assessed, accurately, that the property is owned by an entity or person I know.

The problem is a group looting a store and then I kill a guy who legally purchased an item, or a lady who already owned that purse and did not steal it.  So I would have to prove I knew that the property I killed someone over was indeed not theirs or face murder charges.

Another issue would be killing someone before they committed the crime.  Running into a Wal-Mart in itself is not a crime.  Although we are making the person shooting the Judge, Jury, and Executioner so this is circumventing Due Process.

I do think some sort of property line would need to be in effect.  For instance if I work at Home Depot I can kill anyone within the property lines that is in possession of Known Property.  But if they make it to a public street I can't go shoot them in the face.  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #73 - 12/03/21 at 17:36:55

Eegore wrote on 12/02/21 at 18:02:48:
"People rarely come into a jewelry store or a high end shop with crowbars, threatening people and breaking nuts
To steal your identity.
"

Again you are mixing threatening humans with taking property.  Property is not Humans.  The proposal is to use deadly force to protect "property" and only property with the exclusion of all other known things.

"Money is property.
On duty, gun carrying cops hanging out in banks here is a common thing."

Show me a non-licensed security bank employee that is instructed to kill people taking that money.  They are very specifically taught to give the money over.

You are comparing law enforcement to regular citizens.  It is expected law enforcement intervene if somebody "waves a gun around" anywhere at anytime, not just banks.  It's like saying there's a fire and watch the fire department come put their lives on the line to stop it.  Yeah I'd expect that.

Shoot them in the face!

The problem comes when people start killing each other over pencils, online identities, etc.  We can't assume only reasonable people will use this privilege.  Property is property, a guy just took a reflector from the post on the corner of my property.  Should I shoot him in the face?  Do I have to do it at the time, or can I plan it out and go do it later?  What's the statute of limitations for using deadly force to protect inanimate objects?

So, because someone might take unjustified action, action must be illegal.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #74 - 12/04/21 at 00:19:02

So, because someone might take unjustified action, action must be illegal.

No.  I am just saying that law applies equally.  Legalize deadly force to protect property and criminals can now kill because you stole their pencil.

You get that?

Law applies to everyone, not just those that use it correctly.  By this logic one should be allowed to gun down anyone that is in possession of any item they do not own.

If a guy steals a reflector from my fencepost I can go kill him a month later because the protection of "property" is now law.

Oh but only reasonable law abiding people will take advantage of this?  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 07:55:18

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Killing of Ahmaud Arbery

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.