Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Guilty?
Reply #15 - 11/13/21 at 16:56:21

He RAN FROM THEM.

And it's his fault How?

If I choose to go into a bar with a gun to help them stay safe due to expected violence, without their permission or knowledge, and 3 guys chase me out of the bar, I still made a choice to break the law.  No matter how many cops give me water, I still chose to break those laws.

All 4 of us made choices we should be held accountable for but since I had the gun they died.  My choice didn't bring imminent harm upon myself, but I did take a calculated risk.  I knew I couldn't legally carry a gun there, and that there was violence.  I would expect to be held accountable for that choice in some way.

"You chase a guy who has a gun??
And get shot..
Duude,, that is on You."

I agree.  If I don't run after guys with guns I greatly reduce my chances of being shot by those guys.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #16 - 11/14/21 at 15:00:42

Sharpened flagpoles, baseball bats, and bearspray are not weapons....
A skateboard?... now that's a weapon.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 11/14/21 at 16:34:02

You were fine with Ashley Babbit getting shot for climbing through a window so surely a pervert hitting someone is fair game right?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #18 - 11/14/21 at 18:29:11

Eegore wrote on 11/13/21 at 16:56:21:
" ...   If I choose to go into a bar with a gun to help them stay safe due to expected violence, without their permission or knowledge, and 3 guys chase me out of the bar, I still made a choice to break the law.  No matter how many cops give me water, ... "  

And you say,
"Banning a Red Car,
Will stop bank robbery,
Cause a Red car was used in one"

Is a 'Bad' scenario/comparison ?????

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #19 - 11/15/21 at 08:17:35

WebsterMark wrote on 11/14/21 at 16:34:02:
You were fine with Ashley Babbit getting shot for climbing through a window so surely a pervert hitting someone is fair game right?

If someone is coming thru your bedroom window, you have the right to defend yourself.
On a public street, it's little different.
The very act of illegal entry is a threat.
The act of being on a street is not.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #20 - 11/15/21 at 09:50:45

Serowbot wrote on 11/15/21 at 08:17:35:
"... On a public street, it's little different.

Are you saying:
that if a person,
is on a Public Street,
       and said:
“Give me your Wallet,
and the the keys to your S-40”

Nothing you can do about it ?

Is that why,
you do not have,
   (or want)
a Firearm ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #21 - 11/15/21 at 09:57:23

Watching the prosecution closing.  
Compelling argument.
I think Kyle may be in trouble.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 11/15/21 at 10:08:46

If someone is coming thru your bedroom window, you have the right to defend yourself.

If someone is kicking you in the head, you have my permission to do what you gotta do.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 11/15/21 at 10:10:55

Serowbot wrote on 11/15/21 at 09:57:23:
Watching the prosecution closing.  
Compelling argument.
I think Kyle may be in trouble.

A 17 year old lies about being an EMT to impress people and that’s your argument to convict him from staying alive?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #24 - 11/15/21 at 10:12:19

Another false equivalency.
The differences are several.
Both of her hands were visible because she was climbing in.
There were witnesses everywhere and several armed men.
She never acted dangerous and threatening.
Had she presented a weapon,, different story.
A homeowner has every reason to be fearful of an intruder.
You Know your scenario is a total failure as justification for killing her.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 11/15/21 at 14:21:17

was on a plane but listened to much of the defense closing argument. I chuckled out loud with the Defense Attorney called these guys heroes and that they were trying to rush in to stop an active shooter.

The defense attorney is going now, he's from nearby Racine, and he's destroying the Defense argument. In fact he said the Defense Attorney flat out lied in his closing.

I've been involved in two large mass incidents and a few smaller ones where there was a lot of violent actions going on and things happen quickly and you are in your own little world. During a high school basketball game, multiple fans of the other team came out of the stands during a shoving incident on the court and a full scale fight broke out. The whole thing went on for 3 or 4 minutes but it simultaneously felt like only a couple seconds or for hours at the same time. Weird. If that were filmed and broken down frame by frame, you could paint any individual event into however you want it.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #26 - 11/15/21 at 14:44:07

e defense attorney is going now, he's from nearby Racine, and he's destroying the Defense argument. In fact he said the Defense Attorney flat out lied in his closing.

I got Kunfewzed.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 11/15/21 at 20:06:22

"I've been involved in two large mass incidents and a few smaller ones where there was a lot of violent actions going on and things happen quickly and you are in your own little world. During a high school basketball game, multiple fans of the other team came out of the stands during a shoving incident on the court and a full scale fight broke out. The whole thing went on for 3 or 4 minutes but it simultaneously felt like only a couple seconds or for hours at the same time. Weird. If that were filmed and broken down frame by frame, you could paint any individual event into however you want it."

That's a pretty good description.  Time means nothing in high volatility events but if you are just watching it's all pretty simple.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 11/16/21 at 03:36:20

I still have this perfect image after, 45 years, of my friend, coincidentally whose name was also Kyle, standing there and somebody coming at him from behind and hitting him with a huge roundhouse punch right to the jar. But, I could not tell you what was happening to my left or right which very well could have been even more severe but I was focused only on one little incident right in front of me which took a fraction of a second.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 11/16/21 at 03:39:45

I’ve never been on a jury so I can only imagine what goes on but if they take some time without the emotion from the attorneys present, and they analyze the evidence in front of them, along with the closing arguments, I can’t believe that they would convict Rittenhouse. Remember, they have to convict on the first charge, Rosenblum, or all the other charges don’t come in to play at all. I’m not sure of the legal matter behind that but that’s what the defense attorney said and the prosecutor did not object so I assume that’s the case. If they find self-defense in that case everything else disappears. This is the guy that was chasing him and throwing something at him right before a guy behind him fired a gun. I can’t see how they fault Rittenhouse.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 10:20:54

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Guilty?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.