Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Spark plug change mileage interval? (Read 119 times)
SoC
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
Re: Spark plug change mileage interval?
Reply #15 - 11/04/21 at 22:13:20

To be honest, I get where Transamforlife is coming from about the cam chain and replacement. I put it off for similar reasons and the fear of doing it. That resulted in my basically not riding my bike for an entire summer. I was pressed for time in shop and not knowing for sure what it involved intimidated me. Once I felt I had the time and pulled the side cover, the internals of job was about an hour. Sure it took a little longer to remove other stuff and put it back but the job itself was pretty simple and straight forward. Knocked it out in an afternoon.

The one thing I will say though is make a cardboard template of the side cover, with holes to hold the bolts as you remove them so you get them right in putting them back. I was intimidated by job also, but once done it was way easy.

I actually bought my 2nd S40 to have a bike to ride while I was putting off doing the cam chain adjuster job for 3 months. When removed it was stretched exactly at 18mm, mileage was about 19k. If it is loose, you listen carefully and hear it. You need to listen to bike, and it seems weird to say it but is surprising how few actually do it, without your helmet on. That's how I realized it needed done "now". Started bike to just ride it into shop without my helmet on. Determined I would not ride bike again until replaced. Almost 3 months later bought my 2nd bike as I had not ridden the other since that day and summer had passed by.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Spark plug change mileage interval?
Reply #16 - 11/05/21 at 21:49:31

The tensioner can be replaced without removing the chain.
My post was a mistake. Bad wolf corrected me.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 03:25:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Spark plug change mileage interval?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.