Send Topic Print
Mining Coal is Bad (Read 234 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Mining Coal is Bad
Reply #45 - 11/04/21 at 09:58:31

Sure, if there’s a story about a steady state existing that suddenly became under the control of thermodynamics, then sure I guess you could.

I was just passing along my insight and perspective on a unique explanation I developed one time. I’ve not read anyone else expanding on that idea.

I came about it one time because there is a phrase in the New Testament that “creation itself yearns to be free from the bondage of decay”. That struck me as indicating creation was at one point NOT under the bondage of decay. The bondage of decay seems to me a perfect illustration of the second law or entropy. So I theorized that until the fall of man as recorded in genesis there were is no decay, a steady state existed if you will.

Seems better fit for a different thread that doesn’t involve car batteries!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Mining Coal is Bad
Reply #46 - 11/04/21 at 10:49:25

Eegore wrote on 11/04/21 at 08:01:34:
 This is a good article.  I try to explain the Betz and Shockley Queisser limits to people and they shrug it off.

Like I said, we can run a Mill off solar but that same physical space run by coal can power a whole city.  Now if we start placing panels on every roof we would eventually meet a point where solar can keep up and the space used for the power plant operations could hold batteries.  But this means tons of vertical placement.

Like I said, we can run a Mill off solar but that same physical space run by coal can power a whole city.  Now if we start placing panels on every roof we would eventually meet a point where solar can keep up and the space used for the power plant operations could hold batteries.  But this means tons of vertical placement.

Solar has its place. It is something that bridges the gap,for the folks who Really want to live Out There, and it supplements ,for some, and lets them save a few bucks, sell some power, but COME ON, it's not something we need to have a tribe of screaming crazies forcing on us.

How about you realize the world is NOT burning up because of SUVs?
Just Quit with the fear.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 10:16:01

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Mining Coal is Bad

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.