Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
How much blame should Baldwin shoulder. (Read 440 times)
Hiko

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tauranga New Zealand
Re: How much blame should Baldwin shoulder.
Reply #60 - 11/08/21 at 16:17:27

Heads should roll The final responsibility is the person using the gun
Which was a real gun BTW  

If someone tells you you can take a particular corner at 90mph and you try it and crash Who is responsible ?  You of course because you are the person in charge.  Guns are no different  Mr Baldwin should be in real trouble it will be interesting to see if he is.

Hiko   IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #61 - 11/09/21 at 04:51:14

**Latest Update**

It has been reported on the https://www.thegatewayfcuktard.com/ that it was a rabid Trump supporter who planted the live round so that Baldwin would be disgraced and Trump could get his revenge.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #62 - 11/09/21 at 06:15:53

eau de sauvage wrote on 11/09/21 at 04:51:14:
**Latest Update**

"... a rabid Trump supporter who planted the live round  ..."

WOW,

Some people think that is funny.

Just as the same people think,
running around with a facsimile  of a Bloody Severed Head,
is funny.

Yet those same people,
get their PANTIES in a,
     BIG Bunch,

when someone says:

Someone’s mouth is
best used as a holster,
for something other than a gun !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #63 - 11/09/21 at 07:37:58

"If someone tells you you can take a particular corner at 90mph and you try it and crash Who is responsible ?  You of course because you are the person in charge.  Guns are no different  Mr Baldwin should be in real trouble it will be interesting to see if he is."

Sort of.  The unsafe handling of firearms is normal on movie sets.  Holding a gun to someone's head is not allowed on an actual gun range.

The unsafe handling of motor vehicles is normal on movie sets.  Driving 90mph turning a corner crashing through a fruit-stand and jumping a ramp is not something we should do in public.

So if a stunt driver has to round a blind corner at speed he does have to trust that the safety team cleared that corner.  Even if he looks first, he still has to lose visual returning to the car.  This doesn't excuse Baldwin, as verifying a revolver of all things is really easy and it's not like he has to walk away from the area like a driver does.  

I'm just saying standard safety doesn't not apply on film sets so comparisons to normal life aren't as applicable.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #64 - 11/09/21 at 08:40:56

I'm just saying standard safety doesn't not apply on film sets so comparisons to normal life aren't as applicable.

I agree. Movies are make believe after all.

Our Australian friend is just firing into a window to see if he hits anyone and he hit you Mn.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #65 - 11/09/21 at 12:56:37

It's not difficult to set up a table and have an armorer stand there and walk the people who will be handling weapons through the safe handling of the weapon they will be handling. Checking a weapon to prove it is safe doesn't take much time.
The chain of custody in this case appears to have been lax. If someone handed me a gun and announced it is Cold doesn't mean I would aim it at someone and pull the trigger.

It's my understanding that on a set, a Hot gun is loaded with anything that goes bang. It COULD be blanks, but it goes bang. A Cold gun may have things in the cylinder that Look like bullets, but are completely inert,and don't go bang.
It's been reported that the gun that killed her had been being used for target practice out on the perimeter of the set.
Plenty of blame to go around. Baldwin, according to my understanding of the Rules, should not have been handed a weapon that would kill someone.
It's also my understanding that ANYONE who has a gun in their hand is responsible for the events they cause because they pulled the trigger.
If it's too complicated for an actor to check their weapon to prove it is safe, they have no business holding it. There is no reason why they can't sit next to someone who checks and SHOWS them, right in front of their eyes, it is indeed safe.
That it's too time consuming, too costly,, might not be something the friends and loved ones of the Currently and Permanently DEAD would agree with.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Hiko

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tauranga New Zealand
Reply #66 - 11/11/21 at 16:20:17

It is too much to expect airline passengers to do safety checks on the planes they fly on but it is not too much to expect them to ensure their seatbelts are done up.
Movie sets are as someone said in a world of make believe
Actors are also people who spend their whole life pretending to be someone else .  Suddenly the real world confronts them
I have held a firearms license for more than 60 years and have used them for much of that time  Knowing what is in the chamber at all times is the rock bottom of firearm safety. No matter who is holding the thing.

Hiko   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #67 - 11/12/21 at 12:49:27

It looks to me that a simple safety procedure should be implemented.
All guns should be presented to the actor empty, any rounds expected to be used should be loaded by the actor or with him witnessing the fact when they are unable to.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #68 - 11/12/21 at 16:47:56

verslagen1 wrote on 11/12/21 at 12:49:27:
It looks to me that a simple safety procedure should be implemented.
All guns should be presented to the actor empty, any rounds expected to be used should be loaded by the actor or with him witnessing the fact when they are unable to.

That sounds very reasonable.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #69 - 11/14/21 at 07:01:32

When is SNL,
going to do a Parody/Skit,
On a DFI.

Who hates guns,
then KILLS someone,
though pure arrogance's.

Perhaps Tucker Carlson
could due a guest spot !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #70 - 11/14/21 at 13:53:06

"When is SNL,
going to do a Parody/Skit,
On a DFI.
"

When is FOX news going to invite Obama or Hillary down to promote their viewpoints and give them equal amounts of on-air time?

It makes no sense to have an expectation that any TV show anywhere provide the exact equal amount of on-air content regarding any type of subject of any kind.  Especially privately owned entertainment.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #71 - 11/14/21 at 18:48:11

Eegore wrote on 11/14/21 at 13:53:06:
" ...  It makes no sense to have an expectation that any TV show anywhere provide the exact equal amount of on-air content regarding any type of subject of any kind ..."

And yet another,
'swing and a miss'

Pointing out,
  a possible,
Parody of a Parody,
would be a funny,
     Parody.

Is now;
"...an expectation ...
(to)
... provide the exact equal amount of on-air content ..."

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 10:16:18

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › How much blame should Baldwin shoulder.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.