Send Topic Print
HEK part 2 (Read 106 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

HEK part 2
10/06/21 at 14:11:49

Since the last thread devolved into semantics I figure I could restart and add some things.

If one is using religious or similar exemption to receive exceptions for a vaccine mandate specific to a private employer - and is using the fetal cell development reasoning, should they also exempt themselves from other things developed from the same fetal cell source?

Such as: Acetaminophen, Albuterol, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Tylenol, Pepto Bismol, Tums, Lipitor, Senokot, Motrin, Maalox, Ex-Lax, Benadryl, Sudafed, Preparation-H, Claritin, Prilosec, Zoloft.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: HEK part 2
Reply #1 - 10/06/21 at 16:24:58

Of course not.
You know these religious exemptions are not genuine anyway.
They are just a means to an end. (pun intended, if you catch it)

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 10/06/21 at 16:50:11

If you can pick and choose and distort science to the point you can stand before someone and say men can have babies, I think you can pick and choose and claim religious exemption for fetal cell development whenever you want, for whatever purpose that suits you.

In my first example, I said Muhammad Ali successfully was labeled a conscientious objector even though his profession was one that permanently injured people. Of all races and religions.

Don’t start using logic now.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 10/06/21 at 21:19:57

I did mean this as a legitimate question.

If one is actually not taking the vaccine due to fetal cell research, should they stop all medications that come from it?

I would think so.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 10/07/21 at 04:21:38

I gave you a legitimate answer. Do you think decisions and actions follow a logical pattern? You clearly have never been in sales. People make emotional decisions and then justify them afterwards using selected data that confirms their original emotional decision.

Personally, I’ve never heard of a single person bringing that up until recently. Project veritas has just done a big expose on that topic and how Pfizer was trying to hide that information. All that’s going to do is make those who have decided they’re not going to get the vaccine even more entrenched in their position. Will they apply that same thinking to some of the other drugs you listed Of course not. (Do you think pro-choice people apply the same logic of my body my choice to other political decisions?
Of course not.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 10/07/21 at 07:19:46

Do you think decisions and actions follow a logical pattern? You clearly have never been in sales. People make emotional decisions and then justify them afterwards using selected data that confirms their original emotional decision.

I agree.  Basically the confirmation bias I bring up periodically.  The number of people I know that could be debt free, but utilize the behaviors you outline is astounding to me.  I was just talking to someone about paying off his mortgage versus keeping it for his "credit score" and "tax breaks".  Amazing how people choose comfort over truth or facts.

I was just clarifying that I wasn't making a joke out of the content.  

Lacking religious structure, I can't say for sure how important those standards are.  But, from the outside, I would think if fetal cell research applies to one topic it equally applies to all.  But I could be wrong, specific to religious application.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 10/07/21 at 08:33:46

I am against the death penalty because I came to the conclusion if we shouldn’t allow unborn babies to be killed for convenience sake (which we shouldn’t) then we likewise shouldn’t allow the State to kill certain convicted criminals.

I also understand those who are prolife but have no issues executing murderers. The State of Missouri just executed a man this week who beat three people to death with a claw hammer. While I might be against that, I’m not going to take a stand because I understand how and why people see the difference between a guilty murderer and an innocent baby.

However, I’m sure it would be easy to find positionsI have where there’s an obvious contradiction between opposite positions on the same issue. For example, I’m very much in favor of free speech and detest the censorship of the right by leftist in power right now but if I had a magic button to push that would eliminate Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram etc. forever from the face of the earth, I’d push it in a heartbeat. I’m aware that’s a contradiction but I’m not changing my position.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 10/07/21 at 09:13:57

If a religion believes fetal cell research is a sin, it must apply to all products.
I don't think a god would pick and choose.

Although,... historically they very much do.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 10/07/21 at 09:37:27

The practice of practicing religion is striving for perfection knowing full well it’s never attainable and loaded with contradictions. An atheist never faces the reality of being conflicted in this manner.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 10/07/21 at 10:12:57

That is absurd in so many ways.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 10/07/21 at 10:21:05

An atheist never faces the reality of being conflicted in this manner.

I agree not in that exact manner, but conflicted desires in comparison to value structure is certainly not exclusive to religion.

For instance I imagine this same question could be asked of an Atheist that thinks abortion is wrong, that fetal cell research is wrong, based off personal assessment of human life, and still have to decide if he uses Tylenol.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 10/07/21 at 10:43:05

Contrary to Web's assertion,... I can easily see the moral vagaries dilemma an atheist must navigate, but given an all knowing and all powerful being that dictates your values, should make the gray scale solid black and white.
Which is absurd, but such is belief in god.

Atheists can only wish morality was so black and white.
We must live in the real world.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #12 - 10/07/21 at 12:21:15

Eegore wrote on 10/07/21 at 10:21:05:
" ... I imagine this same question could be asked of an Atheist that thinks abortion is wrong, ... "

I believe that,
a Atheist,
(who’s ‘religion’ is, not believing in any ‘religion’)
who believes 95 (+/-)% of Abortion,
(The killings preformed JUST for Convince sake)
is wrong.

Would be a number,
      times 100,
that would fit on a Gnat’s Back !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 10/07/21 at 12:37:20

"I believe that,
a Atheist,
(who’s ‘religion’ is, not believing in any ‘religion’)
who believes 95 (+/-)% of Abortion,
(The killings preformed JUST for Convince sake)
is wrong.

Would be a number,
     times 100,
that would fit on a Gnat’s Back !"

Okay, but do you think people that are religious and don't agree with fetal cell research should also stop using all those other products?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #14 - 10/07/21 at 13:11:50

Eegore wrote on 10/07/21 at 12:37:20:
" ...  do you think people that are religious and don't agree with fetal cell research should also stop using all those other products?

The same way that Ali  was successfully a conscientious objector.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 15:23:56

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › HEK part 2

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.