Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Big brother moves into garage (Read 79 times)
SoC
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
Big brother moves into garage
09/22/21 at 21:54:00

Well it finally happened, after years of mods to my Savages/S40 bikes influenced by the Honda Fury, I went out and purchased one yeasterday. It is a 2010 with the blue metallic paint only available that and the next year. I statred riding it around the industrial park where my shop is located today. Can't get title, reg. and plates here in Jersey until next week.

Anyway, I am keeping my Savages/S40's going forward and continuing the mods and chopper build. Fury is now the road bike for long trips on interstates and such. All my riding buds had FLH's or Big VTX's and they also had big Bimmers they regularly showed up with.

This is a new chapter for me and it has only commited my legion to the Savage more as a daily.

This bike is a launch point for mods to me. Like my Savages, they have their place and perspective. It's the build and fab that is much of the fun.

IMG_7558.jpg
  IP Logged
SoC
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
Re: Big brother moves into garage
Reply #1 - 09/22/21 at 22:01:38

As follow up here is picture of my '03' from the other day with new blacked out exhaust.

IMG_7552.jpg
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #2 - 09/23/21 at 08:46:39

Dayum. That bike is clean!

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Squab
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 09/27/21 at 23:57:09

That blacked out exhaust is tight!

IP Logged
SoC
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
Reply #4 - 10/04/21 at 20:53:12

Hey All, finally got a tag on Fury today and had first real on road ride. First I need to say it's a beast. I took it to a deserted parking lot in industrial park to get a feel for low speed maneuvering and was quickly impressed by how well it handled. Getting used to 3 times the HP with fuel injection and double the weight took a bit. But low center of gravity, not much more then our beloved rides had it all feel comfortable. Big wide rear tire helps with balance. That said a 70 mph rip on interstate I was still in 4th gear, smooth and comfortable. If there is truly a big brother for the LS/S40, it is to me the Fury. One issue is the air filter, it it forces your right knee out a bit, no knees to the tank. That said Cobra makes a high flow, low clearance filter which will be the first upgrade.

One thing I do know though is Snarly (my '03 Savage) will continue to be my daily back and forth to the shop. Looking for doing the first road trip on Fury Thursday for a lunch run with my friend Glenn on his Harley Low Rider.

IMG_7621.jpg
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #5 - 10/05/21 at 11:18:15

Sweet.  The Fury has unique lines.  Almost a factory chopper.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
SoC
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
Reply #6 - 10/05/21 at 19:55:03

It is basically a Bourget Low Blow, but built with a shaft drive and Honda reliability and support. Fluid cooling is an iffy on a MC, one more thing to keep track of and the obvious extra complexity. But winding it out today from a traffic light and shifting to 4th at 70mph has it thrill. An open run at 70mph on an interstate was smooth as can be.

They have quirks, like all bikes, but with some work most can be overcome. The biggest is that the air cleaner box sticks way out on right side and forces you to spread out right leg to clear it. Result is sort of a weird ankle twist to get your foot comfortable on peg. There is a common swap of a Cobra high flow air filter to correct for that, and it increases performance, so win-win.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 03:03:28

General CategoryThe Cafe › Big brother moves into garage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.