Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Really? Trump was a bad guy? (Read 179 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Really? Trump was a bad guy?
Reply #30 - 09/22/21 at 04:38:52

Eegore wrote on 09/21/21 at 05:58:08:
"This is another mechanism of control. If this goes through, 5 years from now, if someone holds a garage sale and sells off a lot of cool old stuff they’ve collected over the years and deposits $3500 dollars, they’ll get a letter from IRS asking for an explanation along with a note they may be liable for taxes."

They are liable for taxes.  If they choose to commit a crime by not reporting that income the IRS "should" notify them.  

The issue is if the income is below the payable threshold.  If people shouldn't pay taxes for earned income at garage sales we need to legislate that, not complain that a Federal Agency isn't willing to break the law.

I’m not paying taxes if I sell my living room set that I paid taxes on when I bought it. And no I am not in favor of banks being forced to report deposits to the IRS of over $600 and then the onus being on the citizen to provide documentation it’s not taxable income. We haven’t done this for years, we don’t need to do it now. The only reason they want to do it now is because certain people in charge feel it’s governments role to be involved in every single transaction. And it’s not.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 09/22/21 at 05:25:28

Remember Lois Lerner?

For those who don’t, Lerner was the career bureaucrat who used her position at the Internal Revenue Service to investigate and harass people who applied to the IRS for non-profit status for local tea party groups during the Obama Administration.  She was not an Obama political appointee, but merely a nameless, faceless bureaucrat who either decided on her own or was encouraged by the Obama White House to use the power of the IRS to make their political opponents’ lives miserable.

Lois Lerner matters today because the Biden administration remembers how they used the IRS against their political foes and now wants to ratchet up that power.  Under the guise of increasing enforcement to stop tax evasion, Biden is asking Congress to force banks to send the IRS in-depth records of all transactions for every individual bank account in America that is larger than $600.

Six-hundred dollars, why would the cancel culture warriors in the Biden administration effectively want the banking information for almost everyone in America?  Trust me, they aren’t looking for tax fraud from people with bank accounts of $600.  

What they are trying to do is lay the groundwork for establishing a Chinese-style social credit system in America, by having the ability to have your and my financial records available at any time.  Currently, banks are required to report cash withdrawals of more than $10,000 under the guise of tracking potential illegal drug deals, but there is no reasonable rationale for tracking every Americans bank accounts that are $600 and above.
Some will say, so what?  What harm can be done? And I may have been one of those people in the past, but not anymore.  In the past decade, we have seen the devastation to individual lives done by Lois Lerner’s witch hunt.  An abuse of power, which she paid no personal price for conducting.

We have also seen an out of control FBI lie and make up charges, first against candidate Donald Trump and then President Trump that continued for years into his presidency.  These charges were driven by the FBI and the Department of Justice’s abuse of the FISA Court to legally spy on people associated with the Trump campaign and the President himself – all based upon a politically fabricated dossier.  When the dust settled and they finally had to concede that there was never any legitimate basis for the three year attempted coup, the main career bureaucrat actors in that fraud which did more damage to our nation than anything that occurred on January 6, have not seen a day behind bars, even as they financially prosper for their infamous acts.

We have seen intelligence services use the Patriot Act to spy on American citizens, enveloping the 4th Amendment to the Constitution in high tech obsolescence and no one has gone to jail.

We have seen a Lt. Colonel in the U.S. Army leak a proven lie about a conversation between the President of the United States and the President of Ukraine, in violation of his sacred trust.  The President got impeached over the lie, while the Defense Department establishment sought to promote the Lt. Colonel.  
We have seen much, much more, and the story remains the same.  Every time we trust the administrative state with power with the understanding that it won’t be abused, it becomes a political weapon against those who seek to limit the scope and power of the federal government.

So, excuse me if I immediately think about how the cancel culture which runs Washington, D.C., corporate media and the Silicon Valley tech tyrants might abuse every single American’s personal banking information.

The same people who make a habit of targeting conservative political activists and believe that every voice should be heard, so long as those voices agree with them, cannot be given the keys to our bank accounts. Congress is deciding whether or not to open this Pandora’s Box through an obscure amendment to what will be a multi-thousand page bill.

On this one, when the DC politicians say trust us, America needs to tell them NO as loudly as possible.

Let’s keep the IRS out of monitoring our personal bank accounts.  We’ve seen this story before and we know how it turns out and the ending is always ugly.

The author is president of Americans for Limited Government.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #32 - 09/22/21 at 06:24:22

Doing battle with

Americans for Unlimited Government.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 09/30/21 at 07:36:09

"I’m not paying taxes if I sell my living room set that I paid taxes on when I bought it."

You shouldn't if you sold it for less than you paid.  If you made gains you should file a 1040 at Schedule D.  Notice we sometimes pay tax on online sales?  

If I bought a living room set on sale for $2500 and sold it for $3500, I should pay taxes on that $1000.

Again by asking a question and not complaining lock step along side people, that is not equal to supporting the IRS.

Acknowledging that earned income is taxable is not equal to agreeing with it.

Acknowledging that red shirts are more visible is not equal to thinking we should all wear red shirts.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #34 - 09/30/21 at 08:08:21

Eegore wrote on 09/30/21 at 07:36:09:
" ...   If I bought a living room set on sale for $2500 and sold it for $3500, I should pay taxes on that $1000.  ..."

I believe that very thing was said, by many people, numerous times.

The problem is:
(This is a a example of a situation which could happen, if know-one, with a brain steps to the plate, and the DFI, pudding head, mush for brains, puppet, gets his way)

Mom buys a shirt for her child for 10.00.
    (WITH TAXED MONEY)
A year later it is to small, she sells it for 1.00.
Suddenly 2 FBI and 3 IRS agents jump out behind the cars,
    on the suburban street,
             with guns drawn,
    demanding she pay the TAX.

All because the PUPPET, mush for brains,
gives away TRILLIONS of dollars,
to his best-ies !!!!!

Disclaimer !
(This is a exaggerated opinion, of where this could end up.
A opinion. Only a POV. And just  a possibility.
          ONLY
Not to be compared with any actual law, or any proposed law)

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 09/30/21 at 08:20:14

"Mom buys a shirt for her child for 10.00.
   (WITH TAXED MONEY)
A year later it is to small, she sells it for 1.00.
Suddenly 2 FBI and 3 IRS agents jump out behind the cars,
   on the suburban street,
            with guns drawn,
   demanding she pay the TAX.

All because the PUPPET, mush for brains,
gives away TRILLIONS of dollars,
to his best-ies !!!!!

They would need to substantially change tax law - which is not proposed in any way at this time.  Again you compare a loss to a gain as if they are the same.

"Then perhaps that letter should say.
‘I paid 50.00 for that, with Taxed money from my  Job.
also paid sales tax on it.
I sold it for 20.00.
Now you want to tax that 20.00 AGAIN
!'"

No.  Nobody wants to tax that AGAIN!.  The Proposal doesn't even get close to saying that.

So hypothetically: If Mom uses money, (TAXED MONEY) as income, to buy a shirt for $10 and sells it for $1 she lost $9.  That's a loss.  Opposite of a gain.

If Mom uses money, (TAXED MONEY) as income, to buy a shirt for $10 and sells it for $100 she gained $90.  That's a gain.  Opposite of a loss.

She gained money, and she is Not taxed on the $10 she originally spent, she is taxed on the $90 she Gained.  

Pretending we are taxed on losses does not vilify the IRS more, its just easy to see through deception.  The question is if 10 Moms each use income, yes taxed income, to buy $500 in shirts and later each sells them for $601, does a bank need to invest time and money into reporting that data in aggregate annual form to the IRS?  Lying about taxable losses doesn't help answer that question.

Complaining doesn't help either.  

https://secureamericanopportunity.com/take-action/oppose-new-irs-reporting-re...

« Last Edit: 09/30/21 at 10:37:56 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 12:30:49

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Really? Trump was a bad guy?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.