Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The questions just keep coming…. (Read 217 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: The questions just keep coming….
Reply #15 - 10/07/21 at 09:18:28

BS...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 10/07/21 at 10:17:29

If you choose to leave a place,
and go to a place,
where you need to learn a new language.
You  need to be taught,
that countries Culture also !

I agree.

You provide valid points in regards to cultural issues, however I would find it hard to believe that Afghans, based off my experience, are unaware that child murder and gang-rape etc. are illegal in the US.

They also should be completely aware that the current location where they are now, is currently allowing them to participate in their cultural preferences at the moment.  So why leave?

There could be many reasons for this.  I am just wondering if we look at the Taliban coming in and legalizing everything they want to do, why leave?  It's like Trump rolling in making all abortions illegal, eliminating all taxes, making firearm safety a requirement in every school and we decide to go to Canada.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #17 - 10/07/21 at 12:24:43

Eegore wrote on 10/07/21 at 10:17:29:
" ... wondering if we look at the Taliban coming in and legalizing everything they want to do, why leave?  It's like Trump rolling in making all abortions illegal, eliminating all taxes, making firearm safety a requirement in every school and we decide to go to Canada.

As was said:

Serowbot wrote on 10/07/21 at 10:12:57:
That is absurd in so many ways.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 10/07/21 at 12:38:35

"That is absurd in so many ways."

I agree.  Why would people in Afghanistan that want to be able to murder their children legally leave?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 10/07/21 at 14:25:51

Wow!!

I had no idea what lengths you would go to to pretend something means what it doesn't.

Totally disappointed.

It's almost as if you have no knowledge of immigrants actually murdering their sisters or daughters.

Pretend that is not true.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 10/07/21 at 14:41:11

Wow!!

I had no idea what lengths you would go to to pretend something means what it doesn't.

Totally disappointed.

It's almost as if you have no knowledge of immigrants actually murdering their sisters or daughters.

Wow!!  Did I ever in any way at any point in any conversation say anything along the lines that I have no knowledge of immigrants actually murdering their sisters or daughters?

What part of my statements, if you even bothered to read them all, indicate that I do not think this happens?  Again, as usual, I very directly acknowledge and agree with you and somehow to you it means I think the exact opposite of what I said.

Again I have to try to clarify this:  Asking why people would leave a governing system that actively applies laws that are conducive to their cultural standards is not equal to denying those cultural standards exist.

Saying I wonder why a guy would sell a Suzuki Savage for a diesel truck to go cruising with friends is not equal to saying I do not think people sell motorcycles or own trucks.

Pretend I ever said immigrants don't kill their families.

Lets review:

Eegore = So while talking to a few other associates that have spent time in Afghanistan, and some I worked with there as well as Iraq I came to think that if honor killings, stoning etc. is your gig, why would you leave the very place that allows it as acceptable culture?

JoG = Wow!!  Pretend immigrants never kill their families.

How did we get from asking a question to claiming I think immigrants are incapable of familial homicide?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #21 - 10/07/21 at 14:55:47

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/07/21 at 14:25:51:
Wow!!

Totally disappointed.

Good thing there's no evidence of white male Americans committing murder.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 10/15/21 at 07:25:16

So talking to our old Interpreter from Afghanistan he inquired when the best time to go see a movie at a theatre was.

After explaining that most movie projection facilities provide lowest cost tickets of entry for the first showing of the day the Interpreter clarified he meant "safest" time to go.

Basically his exposure to American culture has had significant coverage of how Americans shoot each other in public.  He is wanting to see a movie, but wants to mitigate being a victim of mass murder.  He assumed he shouldn't go to a nightclub or concert and was rather surprised we would. "We" being specifically the contractors and special forces personnel he worked alongside in Afghanistan with the exclusion of all other known humans.

This is an example of cultural perception in reverse.  I have had these same discussions in Israel.  I was in a cab and the driver told me he hopes I get the chance to move out of Colorado because its so unsafe.  He heard about Columbine, Aurora, Denver, among other mass shootings and assumed that "Region" was particularly dangerous.  Not like Israel where there's only a few rockets and explosions every now and then.

I also had a discussion on that trip about how unsafe teaching must be since kids bring guns to school.  

This is as accurate as the lies here in the US that teachers are armed in Israel.  This works both ways.

Now to be clear, acknowledging that Afghans can get skewed information about the US is not equal to saying Afghans do not commit familial homicide and I am in no way pretending Afghans are not capable or do not murder family.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #23 - 10/15/21 at 08:39:30

Quote:
... his exposure to American culture has had significant coverage of how Americans shoot each other in public...   

It was 1972, I was picking up a Denmark couple form the Airport.
(My friend stayed at their house for 4 months on a exchange program)
He and the wife sat in the back,
I and the husband sat in the front.

After the required detour through Downtown Mpls/StPaul,
We drove into the country,
where their were no street lamps,
and it was a dark overcast night.

The Danish visitor started opening the glove box, feeling in the door pockets, etc.
I asked what are you looking for ?

He responded: “Your Gun”
After I explained it was not needed.
he said: “What if we are attacked by Indians”

Another reason the, ‘Culture,’ of a Nation
one is going to,
needs to be taught.

Which Country would have a better chance of;

Stopping the practice of, ‘honor’ killings, and cutting off a clitoris, etc.
  Where those practices are NOW allowed ?

Or allowing the  practice of, ‘honor’ killings, and cutting off a clitoris, etc.
   Where those practices are now NOT allowed ?

And one of those Countries has a , ‘Mush-For-Brains’, ‘Pud-den Head’, Puppet leader.
Where the UL propaganda spreaders are convincing many people,
they are to pay,
for the sins of their Great,  Great-Great, Great/Great/Great/etc, grandparents mistakes/beliefs.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 10/15/21 at 09:01:17

I would have just told them to relax because the car can outrun the horses.

In high school I had two cousins from New York visit and they had never seen dirt.  Like actual soil dirt, they had only seen it through the metal grates where trees grew by their apartment.  They couldn't believe how much dirt was on the farm of all places.  

At night we heard a cow "Moo" and they were done.  Too scary, had to get inside now!  And all I could think was how dangerous I was told NY was.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #25 - 10/15/21 at 15:26:25

Eegore wrote on 10/07/21 at 10:17:29:
... however I would find it hard to believe that Afghans, based off my experience, are unaware that child murder and gang-rape etc. are illegal in the US. ...

If you believe that,
why does this happen ?

Eegore wrote on 10/15/21 at 07:25:16:
 ...   Basically his exposure to American culture has had significant coverage of how Americans shoot each other in public. ...

So, doing something that is legal there,
and illegal where they are going.
A person knows that, how ?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 10/15/21 at 16:31:56

"If you believe that,
why does this happen ?
"

My beliefs can't stop anyone from doing anything.

Also I believe most adult US citizens are aware that child murder and gang-rape etc. are illegal in the US.  Why does it still happen?

"So, doing something that is legal there,
and illegal where they are going.
A person knows that, how ?"

Multiple ways.  Society in general no longer exists in a cultural vacuum.  Most people use phones, social media, internet and have family outside of their physical home.  Since I can't account for the knowledge any one human on any subject at any time I can not say how one knows anything.  My belief however remains that most Afghans are aware that child murder, gang-rape etc. are illegal in the US.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #27 - 10/15/21 at 18:10:16

Eegore wrote on 10/15/21 at 16:31:56:
" ... My belief however remains that most Afghans are aware that child murder, gang-rape etc. are illegal in the US.

OK, how does that dovetail, with what you have 'observed'
"...in talking to our old Interpreter from Afghanistan..."

If the Afghanistan's believe: "...Americans shoot each other in public...."
How do they, know, "...that child murder, gang-rape etc. are illegal in the US...."

They are, 'up to date', on current US laws.
Yet do not understand that seeing a movie,
is light-years safer than flying in a airplane ?

Why is that ?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 10/15/21 at 20:15:56

"OK, how does that dovetail, with what you have 'observed'
"...in talking to our old Interpreter from Afghanistan...
""

It doesn't.

If the Afghanistan's believe: "...Americans shoot each other in public...."

Our old Interpreter believes Americans shoot each other in public because of the news coverage of Americans shooting each other in public.  Just as JoG believes Afghans commit honor killings because of news or internet coverage of Afghans committing honor killings.

How do they, know, "...that child murder, gang-rape etc. are illegal in the US...."

I can't account for the knowledge any one human on any subject at any time I can not say how one knows anything.  It is my belief that most Afghans know child murder and gang-rape etc. are illegal in the US.  My belief is the result of my times in Afghanistan.

"They are, 'up to date', on current US laws.
Yet do not understand that seeing a movie,
is light-years safer than flying in a airplane ?
"

I would assume that almost every country has laws prohibiting child murder and gang-rape, but I would not consider myself up to date on any countries' legal system.  

This would be no different than someone who only knows what "the news" says about Afghanistan and asking him where the safest routes are through Kabul and what mosques are least likely to be bombed.  It would be reasonable to ask that question and not have him ask you how come you are up to date with suicide bombings being illegal and not realizing the plane ride over was more risky than transit and prayer in Afghanistan.

These here are examples:

Afghanistan:

the second massive attack in a week targeting worshippers from the minority sect.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/afghanistan-mosque-bombing-leaves-33-dead-...

United States:

"2 mass shootings in less than a day leave at least 29 dead and 53 injured"

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/2-mass-shootings-u-s-leave-least-29-dead...

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #29 - 10/16/21 at 17:32:26

Eegore wrote on 10/15/21 at 20:15:56:
" ...    Our old Interpreter believes Americans shoot each other in public because of the news coverage of Americans shooting each other in public.  ..." 

So, because a, 'news' report said x amount of shootings,
make going to a movie, un safe.
Your, 'old Interpreter believes', movies are un safe.

Nothing about, 'news', reports of how, Religions are sacred.
And if you infer that,
Throwing a Queer off a roof top,
Stoning a Female to Death,
Cutting off a Clitoris of a young girl,
KILLING anyone who is not of your religion,
Is Protected. (BECAUSE It Is, a fundamental part of their religion).

And no recommendation of TELLING THEM,
that is NOT ALLOWED,
When they come to the U.S.A.

Only tell them the difference between,
Their, There, Thee.

Quote:
Quote:
"... Just as JoG believes Afghans commit ... "

JOG has Nothing to do with this !

But great Deflection !!!!!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/25/24 at 15:56:17

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › The questions just keep coming….

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.