Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
About that Ohh So Quickly (Read 52 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
About that Ohh So Quickly
09/17/21 at 15:58:48

Acquired intelligence that brought such swift justice to that Planner...
Yeah,,looking like we murdered a dude and some kids,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: About that Ohh So Quickly
Reply #1 - 09/17/21 at 20:47:57

That's one of the many reasons why war sucks.  From the safety of the couch at home it's easy to criticize the people putting their lives on the line to keep other Americans alive.

This wasn't the first time and won't be the last.

Go overseas, collect intelligence, work in a limited timetable in that your decision will save American lives or kill foreign civilian's lives and make that choice.  Decide who dies.  Then have the balls to man-up when you make the wrong choice.

Clandestine Intel under limited timetables is incredibly difficult.  Just look at how hard it is to get anything done across multiple departments in a long-timeframe business goal where no lives are at stake.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 09/18/21 at 18:31:10

You may remember I was skeptical about the intel,, it was Ohh So quickly figured out,,
And yeah, I'm not THERE, but I don't Have to be there to see how poorly it is being done.
My criticism is valid, regardless of where I sit.
I'm just as capable of cheering for our team
When they do something worth cheering.

I had no faith in that missile strike not being a Biden.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #3 - 09/18/21 at 19:13:52

Quote:
easy to criticize the people putting their lives on the line to keep other Americans alive.

Nobody is "putting their life on the line" launching a missile from a drone while sitting at a console hundreds or thousands of miles away. And certainly not while"authorizing" the strike from the other side of the planet.

Quote:
Then have the balls to man-up when you make the wrong choice.

The only reason they "manned-up" is because they got busted. Otherwise they would still be bragging, and that douche-bag Milley would award himself another medal to add to that ridiculous collection he parades around in.

Remember the strike before this one. The retaliation for the suicide bomber at the airport gate ? High level ISIS planner/bomb maker(s) in a car heading out of dodge. Who's name(or names) the pentagon won't reveal.

Why. Didn't know who the h*ll was in that car either ?

Or maybe they knew if they gave out names and it turned out those guys weren't anywhere near the blown up car then Isis would have a video out with the guy smiling and pointing to himself saying "HaHa Missed me"

Or maybe they got lucky and just wasted a couple of poor bast*rds driving down an empty road that no one gave a crap about anyway. No witnesses so who's going to know.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 09/18/21 at 21:05:50

Nobody is "putting their life on the line" launching a missile from a drone while sitting at a console hundreds or thousands of miles away. And certainly not while"authorizing" the strike from the other side of the planet.

So they just picked a target from hundreds and thousands of miles away and not one person is in that area?  Highly unlikely.  People on the ground make advanced intel work, they do it at considerable risk.  Of course maybe it was all a ruse when I was there and nobody was ever at risk at all.  Just people pushing buttons, all safe just like the people back at home.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 09/19/21 at 02:09:19

You don't remember how quickly They knew Who the Planner was? I thought that was bullshit. I questioned it when they were doing the victory lap. Maybe if it had only been one guy the uproar would not have been heard over here, but the geniuses blew up a buncha kids.
Funny thing about that intelligence..

Got people in the area
But somehow they didn't tell anyone

Ooopsies,,,
They Located a PLANNER,, now think about that,,
How do they associate the Planner with the multisectional nonfunctional bits and pieces of suicide bomber? And SO QUICKLY,,,
Yeah, it was bullshit.
And how many days of
Perfect Strike
Let's celebrate!
Did we get before the Biden truth leaked out?
Why did they not launch another strike
On a Real Target?
They knew they had screwed up, because, who the guy was who owned the car was a known aid worker, not Isis,,

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 09/19/21 at 04:15:28

Eegore wrote on 09/17/21 at 20:47:57:
 That's one of the many reasons why war sucks.  From the safety of the couch at home it's easy to criticize the people putting their lives on the line to keep other Americans alive.

This wasn't the first time and won't be the last.

Go overseas, collect intelligence, work in a limited timetable in that your decision will save American lives or kill foreign civilian's lives and make that choice.  Decide who dies.  Then have the balls to man-up when you make the wrong choice.

Clandestine Intel under limited timetables is incredibly difficult.  Just look at how hard it is to get anything done across multiple departments in a long-timeframe business goal where no lives are at stake.  

Or, you’re in a high position and you know all of that’s true but you also know you’re facing a barrage of criticism for a stupid series of decisions and you make the calculated decision that if you do this and it’s wrong you can always blame it on the paragraph you just wrote. The benefit is of course you’ve managed to escape the criticism and redirect the media.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 09/19/21 at 04:17:54

And remember no one really maned up.. This is classic DC “I take responsibility”. Well that means nothing. They always say I take responsibility but there is no ramifications of taking that responsibility; it’s a five minute speech in front of the friendly media.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 09/19/21 at 05:04:00

Nobody's pension was injured in the gathering of truth.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #9 - 09/19/21 at 07:57:43

Quote:
" Nobody's pension was injured "

Golly gee Wallly
they must have FORGOT !

Take that  Hill !!!
   American Lives Lost.

Later, Abandon that hill.

Than later, Take That Hill !!!
   American Lives Lost.

American Lives Lost.

So that must be another reason to;
(Tear Down Those Statues)

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it”
                 George Santayana

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 09/19/21 at 08:49:50

"And remember no one really maned up.. This is classic DC “I take responsibility”. Well that means nothing. They always say I take responsibility but there is no ramifications of taking that responsibility; it’s a five minute speech in front of the friendly media."

I agree, but I also have seen the pass the blame to another person process.  Blame poor Afghanistan intel, not us.

"Nobody's pension was injured in the gathering of truth."

My point is that getting on whoever placed an unachievable timeline on a "response" to an attack makes sense to a degree.  But that is a complete assumption, and by that assumption blame gets passed all the way down the chain.  

How much intel was passed down by people on the ground?  People at risk.  What did it say?  Did it convey imminent risk?  If someone up the chain does stupid stuff with it it makes no sense to me to blame the people that gathered the intel unless you can look at it yourself and make an informed decision.

Why take the pension of a SF Operative that collected intel and passed it up the chain?  Is the intel what needs to be blamed for this?

This isn't a situation where old-guys are in a "War Room" looking at big TV's of satellite images, completely safe, and making these decisions.  There's more to it than that.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 09/19/21 at 09:28:13

MnSpring wrote on 09/19/21 at 07:57:43:
Quote:
" Nobody's pension was injured "

Golly gee Wallly
they must have FORGOT !

Take that  Hill !!!
   American Lives Lost.

American Lives Lost.

American Lives Lost.

So that must be another reason to;
(Tear Down Those Statues)

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it”
                 George Santayana

As little as I was in the house I somehow managed to catch enough news to see some things. I just happened to be in the house and the news was about exactly that. For several days it was that story, same hill... Abandoning a
Fought and Died For
Hill,,
Just to come back and fight for it
And Die for it
Again..

I wonder how many lieutenants got fragged for that.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 03:20:15

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › About that Ohh So Quickly

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.