Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Milley plays hide the football (Read 210 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Milley plays hide the football
09/14/21 at 15:14:02

Milley protected the world from the insane orange manbaby.
Thank God.

Woodward/Costa book: Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took secret action to protect nuclear weapons
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/14/politics/woodward-book-trump-nuclear/index.html

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Milley plays hide the football
Reply #1 - 09/14/21 at 15:16:43

I think the word for that is Treason.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 09/14/21 at 16:14:14

I wouldn't consider it treason as the US launch protocols prohibit any one man from having absolute control over nuclear weapons.  If Biden suffered a bout of dementia and Milley did the same thing, essentially telling staff to follow procedures and not let the POTUS override NSP, he would not be committing treason.

Meetings at the Pentagon of this nature do not have to be, and are regularly not, disclosed to the POTUS.  Milley from the sounds of it did nothing more than tell his staff to follow the normal procedures.  Basically saying, which he shouldn't even have to, do not violate nuclear launch protocol - do not let one man override the system.

The "media" of course will sensationalize it to be more than it is.  "single-handedly took secret action to limit Trump from potentially ordering a dangerous military strike or launching nuclear weapons" could be, "He made sure his staff knew to follow established protocols."

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 09/15/21 at 03:46:56

Eegore wrote on 09/14/21 at 16:14:14:
 I wouldn't consider it treason as the US launch protocols prohibit any one man from having absolute control over nuclear weapons.  If Biden suffered a bout of dementia and Milley did the same thing, essentially telling staff to follow procedures and not let the POTUS override NSP, he would not be committing treason.

Meetings at the Pentagon of this nature do not have to be, and are regularly not, disclosed to the POTUS.  Milley from the sounds of it did nothing more than tell his staff to follow the normal procedures.  Basically saying, which he shouldn't even have to, do not violate nuclear launch protocol - do not let one man override the system.

The "media" of course will sensationalize it to be more than it is.  "single-handedly took secret action to limit Trump from potentially ordering a dangerous military strike or launching nuclear weapons" could be, "He made sure his staff knew to follow established protocols."

Vintage Eegore.

The big question is are the reports accurate. And if they are, you can’t spin this any other way other than treason. You can’t go around the room and ask each military leader to pledge their support to you and not the president. You can’t call a military leader from another country and say we won’t attack you but if we do I will call and give you a heads up. You can’t do that. But all this is based on an aging political hack like Bob Woodward who may have figured he had one more chance to make a splash. I have no idea if that’s true or not. But it’s relatively simple. Congress calls him, put under oath and ask him to explain.

If he admits it’s all true, you arrest him. Then you go to all those leaders who pledged their support to him and you arrest them. Then you go up and down the chain and arrest anybody who agreed to it. They lose everything. They lose their pension they lose everything. That’s how you stop this.

The United States military is under civilian control. Always.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 09/15/21 at 05:14:27

"The big question is are the reports accurate. And if they are, you can’t spin this any other way other than treason. You can’t go around the room and ask each military leader to pledge their support to you and not the president. You can’t call a military leader from another country and say we won’t attack you but if we do I will call and give you a heads up. You can’t do that. But all this is based on an aging political hack like Bob Woodward who may have figured he had one more chance to make a splash. I have no idea if that’s true or not. But it’s relatively simple. Congress calls him, put under oath and ask him to explain."

I'm not sure this is accurate.

"pledge their support to you and not the president"

My understanding is this is not what was done.  He clarified that launch protocols are not to be ordered by the POTUS alone.  I am "part of" that process is not equal to I am now "the entire" process.

Bottom line is the military can decline an order from the POTUS in certain circumstances.  If Biden has a stroke and says to nuke China you don't do it.  If Trump says drop nukes on Iran to get attention off of me, you don't do it.

This article, to me, seems to portray that if Trump was deemed unfit the military would follow procedures and not change them to meet Trump's new demands.  Which is a no-brainer.

As for Congress they should be pulling Milley in to clarify what is fact and what isn't.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 09/15/21 at 08:52:24

Military pledge allegiance to the Constitution and the United States,.. not any one man.
It is their duty to refuse any order that goes against either of those.  Milley was ensuring that the country was safe.
No harm no foul unless Trump tried to illegally wag the dog.
Milley did his duty.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 09/15/21 at 10:16:59

No one single person can launch nuclear missiles anyway. I think everybody understands that. The point is, if true, Miley took the unusual step of preemptively having a discussion that would normally occur during an emergency. And if true his discussion said to ignore the presidents input.

Miley was not ensuring the country was safe. Miley was ensuring that this particular president represented a political party and ideology that in his opinion was illegitimate because of the events of Jan 6 which the only facts Miley had at the time were what was presented in the public media.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 09/15/21 at 10:57:31

And if true his discussion said to ignore the presidents input.

I didn't really get from what I read that he stated to ignore the POTUS as much as he said not to ignore him.  As in to remember that Milley will be part of the actions, not just the POTUS.

Yes there is political motivation/influence as well, I just didn't get the "ignore Trump" message out if it.

Breaking CoC is another issue however.

« Last Edit: 09/15/21 at 13:24:00 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 09/15/21 at 11:12:17

I don't think it was party or ideology,.. it was Trump behaving irrationally and against the better interests of America.
We all saw and heard it.
His only motivation was to hold on to power by any means.
The truth is flooding out every day.
The lying, the cheating, the coercion, plotting, and threatening.
This is a tragic time in our history and it won't end.
Sept 18 is the next great white hope.
Trump is salivating for another insurrection.
He could and should be calling for calm and reason,... but he ain't.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 09/15/21 at 13:48:49

Serowbot wrote on 09/15/21 at 11:12:17:
I don't think it was party or ideology,.. it was Trump behaving irrationally and against the better interests of America. You realize there are 10’s of millions who see that the other way right?
We all saw and heard it.
His only motivation was to hold on to power by any means. Says the guy whose party got state governors to change election laws illegally
The truth is flooding out every day.
The lying, the cheating, the coercion, plotting, and threatening. Biden?
This is a tragic time in our history and it won't end. Take heart, it will and when Biden is gone
Sept 18 is the next great white hope.
Trump is salivating for another insurrection.
He could and should be calling for calm and reason,... but he ain't.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 09/15/21 at 15:04:32

Web, you know better.
Many governors made changes to make access to voting easier because of the Covid epidemic, nothing nefarious.
Safer and easier voting.

Today, Republican governors are making voting harder to block disadvantaged people from access.  That is nefarious.

The right to vote is Constitutionally protected and attempts to hinder access are illegal.
And a criminal SCOTUS will turn a blind eye.

You must see that helping people vote is different than hindering them.
And the voter fraud is no excuse. Proven bogus.  Trump had his day/days in court and lost all of them.
No more beating a dead horse, the election was free and fair and legal.
Just because you don't like the result doesn't make an election illegal.
I've been there, 5 years ago... but Trump won.  Hillary accepted the result the next day.
Trump is a sore loser manbaby who can't take his medicine like a man.
You,... his supporters need to do that for him.
He never will.
Otherwise you are as big a crybaby as he is.
It's time, past time, for Trumpettes to man up or go home.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 09/15/21 at 19:20:59

Many governors made changes to make access to voting easier because of the Covid epidemic, nothing nefarious.
Safer and easier voting.

Oh for fu@k’s sake man…..no way you’re that dense. No way.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 09/15/21 at 19:23:29

I've been there, 5 years ago... but Trump won.  Hillary accepted the result the next day.

I take back what I just said. I think you are.

Didn’t you ever see those commercials, a mind is a terrible thing to waste?
Obviously not.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 09/15/21 at 19:25:05

You really watch only one news source and believe whatever they tell you……
Bless your heart….

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #14 - 09/16/21 at 09:09:20

Trump library will be a hat and t-shirt concession at Mar a lago...

PS stop with the personal attacks.
Again,.. you only demean yourself.
Three posts in a row that make no point or argument other than personal attack and insult.
Lame...
Or are you just getting jollies thinking you're getting away with something?
Grow the fu*k up.
Trump is turning you into a manbaby

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 03:20:26

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Milley plays hide the football

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.