Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
lengthening/enlarging the slots in the swing arm (Read 35 times)
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
lengthening/enlarging the slots in the swing arm
09/11/21 at 17:01:43

What methods and tools have worked for this?  Is a Dremel-type rotary tool enough or is the metal too hard?
How accurate does each side need to match?  I imagine that's less crucial since we set the axle position by the belt alignment.  
Afterward, how much prime/paint is needed?

I just don't think I'm getting my belt loose enough with the larger Kawasaki front pulley.

Thx.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Armen
Serious Thumper

Half-Witted
Wrench-Jockey from
Jersey

Re: lengthening/enlarging the slots in the swing a
Reply #1 - 09/11/21 at 18:18:18

Dremel works. Just mild steel. Mark it off. Not critical that they are the same length, but the slot should be level. Mine didn't really have enough slack with the stock belt and the Kawi front pulley.

In theory, theory and reality are the same. In reality, they aren't...
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Re: lengthening/enlarging the slots in the swing a
Reply #2 - 09/13/21 at 07:10:19

Thanks.  Good point on the slots needing to stay level/even.  We don't want any toe-in or -out!

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 05:31:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › lengthening/enlarging the slots in the swing arm

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.