I don't watch the news (Read 112 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: I don't watch the news
Reply #15 - 09/07/21 at 20:22:43

That is my point.

At least I didn't have any trouble getting people to understand Whonafukk I was talking about

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 09/07/21 at 21:20:11

Aaand apparently NOBODY is interviewing AMERICANS COMING HOME FROM AFGHANISTAN. Not Soldiers. Just plain American citizens

According to 6 of the people I know that currently work in "news" and "public interest stories" there are three components they independently have all stated.  I would present their correspondence in full and offer direct communication but historically I have just been told they are all wrong without talking to them or looking at anything I present.

Reason 1:  Not much interest or money in interviewing US citizens that have returned in comparison to providing information of those still in Afghanistan.  

Reason 2:  Press pass to processing facilities is not easy to obtain at this time.  

Reason 3:  Most people asked have declined to be interviewed, or are still in another country.

One thing to remember is being a US citizen doesn't mean one can just walk through Customs and stroll out of the airport on US soil.  Also there seems to be an assumption that evacuations come only to the US.  Of the people I know, that are US citizens, they still are out of the US (Doha) pending transportation.  That's 23 people still in Qatar, but considering its been one week for over a hundred thousand people to be flown out it makes sense to them.

Another thing is traditional website and mainstream news sources are rather antiquated compared to modern platforms and interviews are on more modern media.  I have personally seen "interviews" on FB live if you can call them that.  Also posts on Snapchat and Tiktok are common.

I imagine we will see more older interview methods as time goes on, but we need interest to drive that content and participants to agree.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 09/07/21 at 22:37:36

I would sure hope that we will see some of these people interviewed. I'd expect them to be able to inform us about the people who did not get out. Can't know what they might know,
If it doesn't happen, it's not because America isn't interested.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #18 - 09/08/21 at 11:15:12

Quote:
Eegore wrote on 09/07/21 at 21:20:11:
" ...  According to 6 of the people I know that currently work in "news" and "public interest stories"  ..."  

Can you provide the names of these people,
examples of their published work,
examples of their un published work,
who they work for,
there political preferences,
their boss/s political preference ?

With that information,
which is information needed to make a decision,
of whether it is live or Memorex.
Quote:
Eegore wrote on 09/07/21 at 21:20:11:
 " ...   One thing to remember is being a US citizen doesn't mean one can just walk through Customs ... "

Interesting you are ,‘suggesting’, that that is not possible.
When it is the NORMAL.
Coming back from Mexico and Canada, 100% of the time,  
            (and rather frequently)
it was hand over my passport, it was looked at, I was looked at, and it was, ‘have a nice day sir’.
In coming from Denmark 3 times, Germany twice, the UK 4 times.
it was 100%, ‘have a nice day sir’, after handing over my passport.

Observations of others,
it was about 98.97%,
    the same.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 09/08/21 at 11:28:32

Can you provide the names of these people,
examples of their published work,
examples of their un published work,
who they work for,
there political preferences,
their boss/s political preference ?

I can with the exception of their boss's political preferences.

Interesting you are ,‘suggesting’, that that is not possible.
When it is the NORMAL.
Coming back from Mexico and Canada, 100% of the time,  
           (and rather frequently)
it was hand over my passport, it was looked at, I was looked at, and it was, ‘have a nice day sir’.
In coming from Denmark 3 times, Germany twice, the UK 4 times.
it was 100%, ‘have a nice day sir’, after handing over my passport.

Observations of others,
it was about 98.97%,
   the same.

This would be normal for Canada or Mexico, or most countries but not normal for US citizens being evacuated from a hostile country in large quantities by the US military in a limited time frame.  

So to clarify I mean the US citizens evacuated from Afghanistan, at this time, and not people coming back from Canada.  I am not suggesting that it is not possible.  I am not suggesting anything.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 10:53:54

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I don't watch the news

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.