Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Exasperated and frustrated!!! (Read 175 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Exasperated and frustrated!!!
Reply #15 - 09/11/21 at 20:48:45

Another thing to check is the battery and cables.
You said you checked the battery, at the terminals?
Check it again using any ground, a bolt on the engine and also anywhere on the frame.  If you got a flaky ground, the reading will vary.
You can also check the positive lead, but it's a little tricky.
With the seat off, pull the rubber cap off the relay, one of the big wires goes to the battery.  And with the key on, you can check the headlight leads.

WWW   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #16 - 09/12/21 at 20:15:28

Thanks Versy. I'll try what you indicate. It looks like we are going to get rain all week long so don't know when I'll get chance to work on it but definitely want to get it running asap.

Why did you say to put pen oil on the headless screw?

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 09/12/21 at 20:52:45

springman wrote on 09/12/21 at 20:15:28:
Why did you say to put pen oil on the headless screw?

penetrating oil, to make it easier to get out.  might need to soak it to loosen corrosion.

WWW   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #18 - 09/13/21 at 11:20:51

Yep, I thought that was what you meant. I did put liquid wrench on it and probably add some more tonight. Thanks.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #19 - 10/18/21 at 09:25:00

I finally had a chance to work on the S40 this weekend. It is embarrassing but I will man up. After taking the tank off the bike and looking at all the wiring with nothing looking bad I finally decided to take the battery out and put it on my digital charger even though the load tester indicated 12.81 volts. The load tester sucks. The battery was discharged so I charged it and after I finished I put the load tester on it and it read 12.95 volts.  Huh So I installed the battery, hit the start button and it cranked just fine. I put it all back together and took a ride and it worked just fine.

Moral of the story is. If it doesn't feel or look right. Trust your instinct. I knew I should have taken that battery out from the beginning. Angry

Well, the bike now has a pigtail on it to connect to the trickle charger.

The headless bolt I removed by spraying liquid wrench on it each day for 3 or 4 days prior to working on it. I then drilled a hole into the headless bolt and tapped a hex wrench into the bolt . It came out fairly easily. Thanks all for the help.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 10/23/21 at 12:38:41

Well, the bike now has a pigtail on it to connect to the trickle charger.

The first time the battree has to be accessed, that needs done.
Good Goin

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #21 - 10/25/21 at 11:45:48

Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 12:29:03

General CategoryThe Cafe › Exasperated and frustrated!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.