Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cone filter&battery box top cover issue (Read 18 times)
TRLREDY
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cone filter&battery box top cover issue
08/19/21 at 19:16:37

I recently acquired an '03.  A previous owner removed the air box and put a cone filter on the carb.  The also put a larger batter in it and hacked the batter box to fit said battery.  It now has the correct size battery and I bought a used box for it.  Thought all would be good.  Now I see that the top cover won't fit because it hits the cone filter.  
Is there another filter out there that will allow the top cover to be on?  Could I just get a stock intake tube and put it on the carb and cone filter on the other end so the filter would essentially be where the air box once was?  I like the looks of the filter on the carb but its not a must have for me.  I'm open to any solutions you all may have.  Thank you!

IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Re: Cone filter&battery box top cover issue
Reply #1 - 08/19/21 at 22:53:56

What model cone?  I'm using KN RG1250, plenty of room.  I did trim my battery box so it's only 3 sides and a bottom, held in place by a side cover.
Cheers!  Cool

IP Logged
TRLREDY
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Cone filter&battery box top cover issue
Reply #2 - 08/20/21 at 04:59:24

Thanks zipidachimp.  I'll see if if can find a #.  I'm guessing its just a generic.  I'll probably go ahead and swap it out regardless and see where that gets me.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 03:23:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cone filter&battery box top cover issue

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.