Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Donated motorcycles to Vehicles for Veterans (Read 36 times)
thehoghunter
2004 No Login

Chop Suey

Tampa
Donated motorcycles to Vehicles for Veterans
07/30/21 at 11:18:13

Undecided  So, with some regret, I've donated both 1996 Suzuki Savage motorcycles to Vehicles for Veterans.  Neither bike was ridden in the last 3 years and both had issues with the carb that no matter how many times I tried I could not get right (flooding).

I want to thank all of you for advice and friendship over the years.  It was great getting back into riding after a 20 year hiatus  and I'll remember it fondly.   Cool

Especially want to thank Michael (Verslagen) for the cam adjuster that worked great in the wife's Savage.  Gave us another 2,000 miles of fun/sunsets at the beach without having to worry about the engine crapping out.  Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Donated motorcycles to Vehicles for Veterans
Reply #1 - 07/30/21 at 12:26:12

I sympathize with your feelings about giving up your Savage.     I gave mine to my grand nephew who got it running again but never got it licensed properly so it is doomed to die and be neglected, eventually.

I wanted him to have a legal street bike so he could get around and get to work, etc.

But you cannot convince the current generation to do anything "legal" for much, not now anyway.

He thinks he can ride his old dirt bike wherever he wants to go, so he is doomed to have run ins with the law over the garbage his peers and his momma and daddy taught him that he and his brothers can get away with.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Donated motorcycles to Vehicles for Veterans
Reply #2 - 07/31/21 at 08:17:39

Maybe a ticket, fees and a talk with the judge would be helpful in reprogramming his brain.
Prayer is always helpful.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/24/24 at 03:10:40

General CategoryThe Cafe › Donated motorcycles to Vehicles for Veterans

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.