Send Topic Print
No crank, I’m stumped (Read 36 times)
tedelsberg
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

No crank, I’m stumped
07/28/21 at 16:26:47

ok everybody, first off thank you for welcoming me to the forums. I’ve owned my 87 savage for about a week now. So far I’ve unwrapped the wiring harness and corrected several shorts, or potential shorts, and have neatly rewrapped it all. I’ve bypassed the side stand switch (cut and connect the two wires for constant ground), relay(remove and connect the two orange leads), and diode(blue to blue). Since completing this I’ve now finally got some power to the decomp solenoid and the decomp unit is functional.
My problem begins here: from my understanding, all interlock safety conditions must be met for any power to make it to/leave the start button.
I have a no crank condition.  the starter solenoid is new. From tracing the wiring diagram, I believe the problem lies between the decomp sol and what is labeled the “starter solenoid controller” though I have no idea what or where this is, any insight?
I’ve wired a few Honda’s, had better luck there, but I’m not giving up on this Suzuki. Thanks all

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: No crank, I’m stumped
Reply #1 - 07/28/21 at 17:24:08

Hi stumpy!

Does power reach the start button?  check the orange/wht wire for 12v
Does power reach the clutch safety? pull the connector and check for 12v while pushing the start button.  One of the wires is from the starter button, the other goes to the decomp controller.
Does power reach the starter relay?  one of the wires is from the decomp controller and the other is ground.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: No crank, I’m stumped
Reply #2 - 07/28/21 at 19:45:07

Yeah, that clutch safety has fooled a lot of folks new to the Savage. Wink

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 14:03:24

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › No crank, I’m stumped

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.